Go Back > > >
Old Dec 31, 16, 6:38 am - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2017 master thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: starflyergold
Wiki Link
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 31, 16, 8:36 am #1
Moderator, Aer Lingus AerClub, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, EI nothing, AB Silver, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2017 master thread

As last year please post your mini review/experiences as Le Club Accorhotels silver/gold/platinum here. For full reviews please post in the existing thread or start a new one if the hotel does not show up in a search.
starflyergold is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 17, 7:50 am #2
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake

Platinum
- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes!

Booked Junior suite and was upgraded to Prestige suite.

- How are the rooms?
Room was quite lovely. Could just see Westlake to the side it being winter all the trees had nearly lost all their leaves. Room was nicely arranged with all expected amenities. Shower had a bench to sit on or use to put soaps and etc.

Good: Nice upgrade, Good welcome display with usual cakes and fruits. But nicely done with fragrant flowers and a traditional chinese bamboo mat with paint brush writing on it that held the cakes.
Nice welcome from staff. As platinum member they also include the extra bed free which was a nice benefit.
Also pro-actively offered a Christmas dinner special for 2 people just 200rmb extra together. (We paid an additional 588rmb for the 3rd person) but more importantly they stressed that likely the hotel would be full with lots of locals coming in for Christmas eve/day so with this deal they could confirm upgrade us 2/3 days before check in securing the Prestige room. Hotel did become fully booked with last minute bookings made in the lobby.

Bad: Usual issues with my wife not liking that in China they always separate steam and sauna rooms integrated into the mens and womens changing rooms. She says its boring if we cant talk to each other. She liked the ones in Europe where its not separated.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Lounge had a nice view. However options for breakfast, and happy hour was limited compared to other lounges. 1/2 hot dishes during happy hours.

3 drink vouchers given.Just picked up sodas on the check out.

Yes if on 40-50% promotion its good value. Also used the x4 promotion to get the bonus points.
tris06 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 17, 8:28 am #3
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
- Name of the hotel:
Suzhou Sip Novotel

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes!

Booked 2 rooms. 1 premium room and 1 deluxe room. Upgraded both to Suite and premium room.

- How are the rooms?
Rooms are new. Has some view of a lake and gardens.
Suite is a good size of around 80m squared. Premium room is much smaller at 35m squared.

Good:Nice welcome gifts, Fruits, Flowers, Large bottle of white wine (Chile) and some traditional chinese sweets with macaroons. So surprised with Novotel! Also the premium room had some fruit but that might have been normal..

Lounge is very quiet. Almost no-one was using it. Happy hours was 2 hours with food but Alcohol is served from 6pm- 10pm which was great and hope other hotels would do the same.

Breakfast was good. Nice set up.

Bad: The lounge was not very functional when checking out and they needed to get someone up from downstairs to help out. Then mishap the staff forgot to give back my passport after needing to scan it. Luckily I realised soon after and rushed back and picked it up from the scanner as it was just left in the machine with no one in the lounge. No breakfast in the lounge as they said they were changing the lounge to fit more items. From what i heard too many people complained about the lack of options.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, read above.

3 drink vouchers. Sodas taken on check out.

Very good price. With the November 40% promotion it only cost 140 USD for the 2 rooms 1 night. Yes will return if go to Suzhou. The manager even email an apology about the passport error. Offered guaranteed suite upgrade next time we come.
tris06 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 17, 4:37 am #4
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Platinium, HHonor Gold
- Name of the hotel: Ibis Toulouse Airport

- What is your Le Club status? Platinium

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Bof

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard double bed and received that.

- How are the rooms? Standard Ibis format

Good:
-
The room featured the new Ibis bed, at least was marketed as such and it was really comfortable, I had a solid night
- The breakfast buffet features only fresh items and is really good.

Bad:
- No status recognition
- The shuttle to/from the airport needs to be called at your expense and is charged 5 EUR per person (not per room)
- The problem of having fresh items on the breakfast buffet is the lack of choice. There was no salmon, no vegetables, not enough charcuterie choices.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I was given a bottle of water, nothing else.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Unlikely to return.
fransknorge is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 17, 8:59 am #5
Cpi-Web Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sofitel London Gatwick Airport

Platinum

Yes

Booked Classic, given Superior with Club

- How are the rooms?
Decent enough for a one night stay

- How was the Club?
Low quality alcohol, but nice cheese spread. Did not try breakfast as I had an early flight out.

Good:
Upgrade and drink coupon given without prompting.

Bad:
A better upgrade than Superior would have been appreciated.

- Value for £ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Good value. However BA is moving to the South Terminal so that probably means Hilton is the better choice for me going forward unless I take a different airline out of LGW.
stimpy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:51 pm #6

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
Sofitel Legend Metropole

Platinum

Ecstatic Yes
Given special rate for best Executive Club Room

- How are the rooms?
Spacious, retro, well appointed

- How was the Club?
Great! Staff friendly. Free flow alcohol and good snacks. Except for departure day ate breakfast in main restaurant for better ambiance and variety.

Good:Basically everything start to finish
Bad:
We finally had to leave
- Value for £ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Had a problem with Le Club after but finally got my 4X 30000 extra points so got huge return on my money

Spoiler: We have been coming to this hotel since 1994 and, though we hadn't stayed there since 2003, we were well known, having eaten and drank there many many times when we lived in Hanoi. My experience may not be yours.

In fact we spent 11 nights, took a trip, spent 8 at an M Gallery to which we were booked to return after a beach weekend. The Metropole staff who had become Facebook friends, offered me the same sweetheart deal so we returned for another eight nights.
HanoiIG is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 4:06 pm #7
Accor Contributor Badge

Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked luxury room and received luxury club room. Don’t find this as a real upgrade since these two rooms are basically identical. Luxury club rooms just comes with a lounge access which I get anyway as a platinum. On the other hand, I specifically requested a high-floor room and received that on the 11th floor, far away from elevators as is my preference in the LCAH profile so I was just fine with the room.

How are the rooms?
Spacious room with walk-in closet, king-sized MyBed and large bathroom that had both bathtub and normal shower, plus two sinks. Amenities included Nespresso machines, bottle of spring water and Hermes toiletries.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Late check-out was proactively offered and granted on arrival.
- Lounge access which is sometimes difficult to get at this hotel if occupancy is high.
- Very friendly assistant front office manager who checked us in and came later to chat with us in the lounge to make sure everything is good.

Bad:
- Poor ”welcome gift”, as usual here: three cheap fruits, ie. apple, orange and pear. In a way it's cute that the hotel thinks about my health but I still would prefer some small cakes.
- Guests arriving early aren’t welcome to enjoy breakfast at the lounge here unlike elsewhere. We were told – and not very welcoming way – that we will be charged 15€ per person if we decide to take anything else than coffee.
- Platinum members and guests staying in rooms that comes with the lounge access can’t have their breakfast in the main restaurant unless they have booked rate that includes breakfast.
- Before, the lounge guests were able to order warm dishes such as omelette, Eggs Benedict, and waffles complimentary but no longer. Now everything extra outside the limited continental breakfast spread is charged.
- No sparkling wine in the lounge for breakfast (it’s complimentary in the main restaurant).
- We celebrated my partner’s birthday and I mentioned this to the management prior to arrival – it was mostly ignored (just received happy birthday wishes). Previously elsewhere, we have received selection of macarons and bottle of champagne, for example.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Nice but unfortunately way too small lounge with limited seating. Very nice selection of canapés and delicious crémant are on offer in the evenings. Afternoon tea is pathetic. Teas are nice but there isn’t any sandwiches or other snacks and the only sweet things they serve are cookies and cake.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
- Early check-in at 10am
- Late check-out at 4pm
- Welcome letter from GM
- Two drink voucher that could be used for house wines
- Three fruits

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Excellent value and I’ll return. This is my choice of hotel in Berlin.
wkndtraveler is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 5:02 pm #8

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
Berlin

Amazing! We always stay at the Sofitel in Gendarmenmarkt! Better location, smaller hotel and amazing staff. We always get double upgrade.
HanoiIG is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 17, 12:36 pm #9

Platinum

It was OK

Booked luxury room and upgraded to luxury club room, not really an upgrad

How are the rooms?
Room was spacious, I can't say I really like the style but can not complain either as there was everything that you can expect.

Good:
- Good selection of alcohol and sides in the lounge in the evening

Bad:
- Some sides are not free in the louge for breakfast
- the fitness center is a joke, really poor for a Sofitel

Yes, the lounge was good appart from the fact that you need to pay for pancakes for breakfast.....

- Late check out
- Lounge access (even if it was included in the upgraded room)
- Two drink vouchers that we did not use

It was ok as I paid around 70e per night, I would have been disappointed if I had pay more. Everything was ok, I have nothing really bad to say, on the other side, nothing really fancy either. I will try the other Sofitel next time even if there is no lounge
Jeff_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 17, 6:35 pm #10

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Mercure Albert Park (Melbourne)

Platinum

No

Booked 2 X standard rooms and was told we were upgraded to a Lake View room however could not see any lake – Just traffic lights on St Kilda Road.

How are the rooms?
Small rooms with very small single beds. Old hotel with damaged walls and fixtures. Noisy bathrooms especially toilet.

Good:
- Nice walks nearby. Albert Park Lake and down St Kilda Road

Bad:
- Location 15 min tram ride to either City/St Kilda
- Hotel rooms appear run-down
- Short staffed
- Turned away from the restaurant on both Friday and Saturday nights due to ‘fully’ booked

No – lounge located in Pullman part of hotel

- Late check out not available per reception
- One drink voucher for 4 people

No $185 AU per night per room for 2 nights. First and last time at this hotel – would not return.
Stacycrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 17, 3:28 am #11

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold
Mercure Figueira da Foz

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Figueira da Foz (Portugal)

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard with ocean view and received Privilege.

- How are the rooms? The privilege room is large, it has a full bathroom with bath and a huge balcony with sea views.

Good:
-
There was no need to ask for a room upgrade during check-in, it was the hotel itself that took the initiative to assign me a superior room!
- The staff are very friendly and are always willing to help.
- The location of the hotel, especially the sea views.

Bad:
- The hotel is old and this is already noticeable in the furnishings of the rooms.
- At breakfast there is no coffee machine, coffee and milk are available in 2 kettles. For a 4 star hotel that charges € 11 for breakfast does not seem like a competent service.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? In addition to the drink voucher as a gold member, in the privilege room, are available free drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), fruit, coffee machine with coffee and tea capsules. In addition to normal hygiene products, there were also toothbrushes, a shaving kit, etc. Robes and slippers are also available in the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? If you return to this city, yes.

Off-topic: It was the first time they gave me the room keys in this gold card holder in which the voucher for the drink is part of the card holder.

BrunoLima is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 17, 3:46 am #12
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, AF FB Gold, AccorPlus Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoLima View Post
Off-topic: It was the first time they gave me the room keys in this gold card holder in which the voucher for the drink is part of the card holder.

Ooooh Nice.
gilbertaue is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 17, 5:08 am #13
Accor Contributor Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertaue View Post
Ooooh Nice.
Hotel Muse in Bangkok also has a similar sleeve for lcah gold and plat members
cowism is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 17, 5:25 pm #14

Novotel Hamburg City Alster

Platinum

So-so

Booked Standard room and given a slightly bigger room

How are the rooms?
The room feels quite spacious

Good:
- Easy Access, there is an U-bahn station exit right at the hotel entrance

Bad:
- I'm not very sure if this is a green initiatives or what, but no free bottles of water provided which is strange to me.
- On a side note, I was asked if bath gown and slippers is needed when they came to my room with the welcome snacks and after I said yes, shower jel and shampoo are provided along. (Only Lotion and conditioner were available inside the bathroom when I arrived, and there is a dispenser for a all-in-one shower jel, shampoo and face wash)
However, given that the housekeeping team also failed to notice the bottle opener inside the room is missing, I'm not very sure what items are supposed to be there and what are only available upon request.

Don't think there is a lounge, at least I didn't ask and they didn't mention it

- Slightly Early check in & Late check out
- One drink voucher (traveling solo)
- A really small fruit plate (1 slice of orange, 2 slice of kiwi and 3 slices of pineapple), some chocolate and a bottle of herbal drink (Bionade Kräuter)

I might try another property if going back to Hamburg
patrickw is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 17, 11:36 pm #15
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, AF FB Gold, AccorPlus Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickw View Post
- A really small fruit plate (1 slice of orange, 2 slice of kiwi and 3 slices of pineapple),
A SLICE each? Must be a step up for them. Wow.
gilbertaue is offline Reply With Quote