How to claim missing miles?

Old Oct 11, 07, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
How to claim missing miles?

I have just been looking throughmy account balances and i have realized that i havn't had some miles creditied to my AA account from a BA flight i took in August to RAK and back.

What is the process for me claiming miles?

Chris
Old Oct 11, 07, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA 1.1 MM/LT Gold
The U.S. version of AA.com provides a form that you can fill out:
https://aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/R...geCredit.jhtml

The U.K. site has the following information:
(http://americanairlines.co.uk/co...age/faqs.jhtml)

Mileage Posting
For travel on American Airlines your AAdvantage mileage information is updated within 15 days from the date of travel. Postings for promotions and other AAdvantage participants are updated every 30 days. Bonus miles for some offers are posted after the promotional period ends. Check the individual offer details for specific information.

To request mileage credit that hasn't been posted, go to AA.com and select 'AAdvantage' from the side menu and then 'Request Mileage Credit.' This page also contains information on where to send mileage credit requests for non-airline participants such as hotels, car hires, and special service.

Provide your AAdvantage number and your ticket receipt number for American Airlines mileage credit.

Note: All requests submitted online or via phone options apply only to American Airlines flights ticketed on American Airlines ticket stock (American Airlines ticket numbers are 13 digits and begin with 001). It does not apply for participant airlines, or American Airlines flights ticketed on another carrier's ticket stock.
Mail - Mail a copy of your ticket receipt and boarding pass(es) to:

American Airlines AAdvantage Department
Fenward House
Arkle Road
Sandyford Industrial Estate
Dublin 18
Ireland

Fax - Fax copies of your ticket receipt and boarding passes to: 0207 365 0608

P.S. - You'll want to ensure that your partner airline booking code is eligible for mileage accrual. Check out AA's Partner Page
https://aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/V...artnerType=Air

Last edited by miamigrad; Oct 11, 07 at 4:16 pm Reason: Added info about booking code on partner airlines
Old Oct 11, 07, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Lifetime PLT, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver
For what it's worth, I was recently very pleasantly surprised when an agent posted some missing miles for me over the phone, and without a boarding pass (I had tossed it).

Not sure that's common, and my circumstances may have been unique--in that the flight was AA operated by Alaska (thus allowing her to locate flight info without sending me back to Alaska), it was short (SFO-SEA, 700 miles), and the miles didn't post presumably because I had walked onto an earlier flight (thus causing my AAdvantage number to drop out of the record) to beat some fog in SEA and ensure that I would make a connection (my miles did in fact post for that second Alaska/Horizon flight). I think all of that, and maybe too the fact that I explained I was counting on those few miles to make EXP this year (or fall 200 miles short)--so I guess she took pity.
Old Feb 3, 09, 5:47 pm

I have some missing airline partner miles. I waited the requisite 60 days. I filled out the online form. I've waited 30 days. So today I called. All I got was a recording with an address and a fax number. And the fax number has been busy for several hours.

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 3, 09, 7:13 pm

AAdvantage customer service will normally give you the information you need. Often they can post the miles directly if you have the receipt with the proper ticket number, etc. For foreign carriers, they follow the same procedure, but they put in the request to the foreign carrier for you.

A few weeks ago I had a LAN trip that didn't get posted. The agent took the info and submitted it. She said it would take "up to a month." It posted in about a week.

Search this Thread