Go Back Cpi-Web Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page > LAA 777-300ER / 77W Schedule, Routes (consolidated)

LAA 777-300ER / 77W Schedule, Routes (consolidated)

Old Sep 25, 17, 3:54 am - Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: Global321
Wiki Link
(Legacy AA) Boeing 777-300ER / 77W Routes, Schedule

As information on AA.com is not updated regularly, current routes (as of 05/JAN/2017) are following:

• DFW-LHR (80, 50) (78) (until FEB-17), LHR-DFW (81, 51) (79) (until FEB-16)
  • DFW-HKG (137), HKG-DFW (138)
  • LAX-LHR (108) (136) (from MAR-27), LHR-LAX (109) (135) (from MAR-28)
  • LAX-SYD (73), SYD-LAX (72)
  • LAX-HKG (193), HKG-LAX (192)
  • JFK-LHR (100), LHR-JFK (107)
  • JFK-GRU (951), GRU-JFK (950)
  • MIA-LHR (56) (38) (from APR-04), LHR-MIA (57) (39) (from APR-04)
  • MIA-GRU (995) GRU-MIA (930)
  • MIA-EZE (931), EZE-MIA (900)
  • MIA-LAX (5 PM Depature), LAX-MIA (9 AM Departure) (until OCT-28)

Thanks to Longboater

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 31, 16, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Longboater View Post
As do the airlines. With consolidation, some cutbacks, like the reduction of SWUs, are to be expected. DL is well ahead filing J with primarily paid passengers rather than using upgrade instruments. They would rather sell additional seats in Y than give away J. This management seems to be in the process of copying that model. With only three major US airlines, the need to offer plenty of seats up front has declined. However, AA still has twenty 77Ws to spread to around to capture as much premium traffic as possible throughout their network. With the Brazilian economy is the gutter, AA has taken some 77W out of the market and will use it on MIA-EZE. (Rather interesting choice due to the Argentinian economy.) But this management is a bit more flexible than I think most of us thought. Originally all 772s would be converted to a 37J/252Y configuration but AA changed plans and will keep 13 772s in a 45J/225Y configuration. I expect these 13 will primarily be flying to LHR where AA can balance out the need for F on MIA/JFK/ORD/DFW/LAX-LHR. (W will be added later.) The introduction of W is going to have an impact on J sales and pretty much makes up for the loss of premium seats.
Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
Unless Boeing offers up some more discounts.
Pretty interesting recent article in Skift about what type of plane configuration would be optimal in different scenarios for an airline, and the example being used is a 777-300:

http://skift.com/2016/01/13/calculat...cabin-for-all/
Old Jun 18, 16, 2:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX SL
I've recently noticed that starting the day before my DFW-GRU flight (award ticket in J) in early November, all DFW-GRU flights have been zeroed out in F, A, and P. Would you agree that this a sign of an impending equipment change for the route?

While unsurprising, given the state of Brazil's economy, the change, presumably to a 77D or a 788, given the zeroed F inventory, would be disappointing. I was looking forward to trying the 77W J product, which I prefer over the 77D or 788 product (based on my experiences on the 788 and on CX J). Do you think this equipment change gives me leverage to ask AA to open up U space on either the JFK or MIA flights, which are still being shown as 77W? If not, I guess one can hope that DFW-GRU will be the launch route for the new 789, as it was for the 77W a few years ago!
Old Jun 18, 16, 8:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
I've recently noticed that starting the day before my DFW-GRU flight (award ticket in J) in early November, all DFW-GRU flights have been zeroed out in F, A, and P. Would you agree that this a sign of an impending equipment change for the route?

While unsurprising, given the state of Brazil's economy, the change, presumably to a 77D or a 788, given the zeroed F inventory, would be disappointing. I was looking forward to trying the 77W J product, which I prefer over the 77D or 788 product (based on my experiences on the 788 and on CX J). Do you think this equipment change gives me leverage to ask AA to open up U space on either the JFK or MIA flights, which are still being shown as 77W? If not, I guess one can hope that DFW-GRU will be the launch route for the new 789, as it was for the 77W a few years ago!
I'd be surprised if DFW-GRU saw the 787-9 due to the planned configuration of 28J/21W/228Y. With the current state of the Brazilian economy, I'd say the "low J" 772 is more likely. The 787-9 is better before routes longer than 12 hours. If GRU sees the 787-9, it'll be on LAX-GRU.
Old Jun 25, 16, 9:18 am

Whoops I got this wrong. DFW-GRU must be doing very poorly up front and the 77W is there for the lift in the rear. This being said, I expect once the 777 CIP is complete, the 289 seat 772 will take over most routes under 12 hours with the 787-9 operating predominately to Asia, along with the A350-900.
Old Jun 27, 16, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott/SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Booked my daughter and her fiance on ORD-FCO AAnytime business award for their honeymoon. But it is the old 777 configuration. What are the odds that this route would be getting the new config prior to October this year?

If slim to none - is F far superior to business on this plane? I have read negative reviews on the current business seat they have...of course I'm sure it is better than coach! But if I pay extra miles for F at this point and the new config happens - then couldn't they possibly be downgraded back to business as there aren't as many F seats? Ugh

Thank you!

Last edited by CherylD; Jun 27, 16 at 8:37 am
Old Jun 27, 16, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX points
Originally Posted by CherylD View Post
Booked my daughter and her fiance on ORD-FCO AAnytime business award for their honeymoon. But it is the old 777 configuration. What are the odds that this route would be getting the new config prior to October this year?

If slim to none - is F far superior to business on this plane? I have read negative reviews on the current business seat they have...of course I'm sure it is better than coach! But if I pay extra miles for F at this point and the new config happens - then couldn't they possibly be downgraded back to business as there aren't as many F seats? Ugh

Thank you!
Sorry, but you are in the wrong thread. You are referring to the 777-200 reconfiguration. This thread is for the 777-300 (77W) equipment/routes.

There is no F on the refurb 777-200.
Old Jun 27, 16, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott/SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
Sorry, but you are in the wrong thread. You are referring to the 777-200 reconfiguration. This thread is for the 777-300 (77W) equipment/routes.

There is no F on the refurb 777-200.
Thanks - I thought AA was showing me the 777-300. I will repost correctly.
Old Sep 1, 16, 4:48 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Sept 6 Positioning Flights

In order to position the 77W for the LAX-HKG service commencing on Sept 6, AA will be running equipment from the DFW-LHR run on Sept 5 to LHR. The Equipment will then route on a one-time basis as follows on Sept 6:

AA101: LHR-JFK
AA131: JFK-ORD
AA2452: ORD-LAX
Old Sep 2, 16, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SQ PPS
Anyone know where the 77Ws are going this winter? With the intro of 789 on DFW-GRU and removal of 2nd LAX-LHR, it feels like there is some slack compared to the current schedule?
Old Sep 2, 16, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by daron4000 View Post
Anyone know where the 77Ws are going this winter? With the intro of 789 on DFW-GRU and removal of 2nd LAX-LHR, it feels like there is some slack compared to the current schedule?
Likely maintenance.
Old Sep 2, 16, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Longboater View Post
Likely maintenance.
And evidently, sorely needed.
Old Sep 2, 16, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm (but not acknowledged), SPG PLT, Marriott Elite PLT
Originally Posted by daron4000 View Post
AA pulled the 77W from the GRU-MIA early run on Wednesday night (8/31) and replaced it with the legacy 200 (no lie flats for you !) The Brasileiros expecting lie flats in J were not too happy since the replacement was short in notice.
Old Sep 11, 16, 4:17 pm

JFK-LHR flights: which 77W? (to merge)

Hello

First time poster on the AA forum. Basic question for you guys...
Which of the JFK-LHR flights are on the 77w or updated 772?
Looking at an ex dub return to JFK which would be our first business flight ever! Trying to find the best combination and reading all the negativity on the BA club product (I have zero status to select the coveted upper deck) I am thinking that AA may be the better choice. All advice appreciated
Cheers
Old Sep 11, 16, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT
They all are. You can easily see it when booking. The one that says "77W" is the 77W, the refurbished 777-200 is coded "772."

Note that there is a chance that the refurbished 772 has a chance of being subbed to a non-refurbished one. It's not necessarily likely, but it can happen.

The 77W is on AA100/107, the rest are 772.

Even when compared to the upper deck, the AA seats are far better (and so is the food). So, enjoy!

Last edited by Djokison; Sep 11, 16 at 5:51 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 11, 16, 4:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5.5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by iamfrequentlyatflyertalk View Post
Hello

First time poster on the AA forum. Basic question for you guys...
Which of the JFK-LHR flights are on the 77w or updated 772?
Looking at an ex dub return to JFK which would be our first business flight ever! Trying to find the best combination and reading all the negativity on the BA club product (I have zero status to select the coveted upper deck) I am thinking that AA may be the better choice. All advice appreciated
Cheers
There are not infrequent substitutions of "777" ("next generation business class" angled flat seats 2-3-2 business seats, because of the fleet of 47 777-200ERs, less than half have been refurbished to "772" (currently mostly Zodiac "Concept D" all aisle access Business Suites with malfunctioning privacy dividers and some "motion over the ocean" instability of seat pairs "joined at the head", and only one B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Solo converted hull - the fleet will presumably end up half and half).

The Cirrus equipped "77W" 777-300ER is superior.

(They are both superior to the BA Club World seat, even the Stretched Upper Deck or A380 seats. I use BA when it's significantly cheaper.)

Currently, JFK-LHR (100), LHR-JFK (107) are 77W.

<irrelevant>

See the thread: <removed circular link post merge>. We will merge this new thread into the existing thread soon. Be sure to look over the "sticky" threads tacked to the top of the main forum page, particularly the "GUIDE - WELCOME" thread, and the Wikiposts at the top of the most popular threads. Enjoy your membership!

/Moderator

Last edited by Microwave; Sep 12, 16 at 4:34 am Reason: Irrelevant material deleted. Thanks, Djokison!

Search this Thread