Go Back > > >
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 12, 12, 7:48 pm #1
Original Poster

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 679
Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Typically, about once per year, we get an incredible hotel offer from the Centurion card-- for example, a free night at the Montage Resort in Beverly Hills or Laguna Beach plus $500 resort credit (amazing), or a highly discounted room rate at the Aria (Las Vegas) plus a $500 resort credit-- very good considering the room rate is ~$129 and you can apply the credit to pay it.

Anyhow, we just learned that these are called "WOW promotions" and there's apparently a "whole bunch of them going on," according to the rep we just talked to at AmEx travel. (We were also told that people find out about them via targeted mailings, but when we have called to book the opportunities that we were invited to, nobody's ever asked us about the mailings or if we had an invitation.)

Anyone else know about these WOW promotions-- or have you heard of others happening right now? How can we find out about more of these?
pnoeric is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 12, 8:35 pm #2

Join Date: May 2007
Location: YYZ, but my heart is in Asia
Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Posts: 4,386
One that is still going on until the end of this month is this.
jarusoba is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 12, 9:30 pm #3
Original Poster

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarusoba View Post
One that is still going on until the end of this month is this.
Excellent, thanks. Yes, this is the kind of stuff that I want to find out about :-)
pnoeric is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 6:45 am #4

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,491
Wow.

I've never heard of these, nor received one, but would love to hear about them in case it would be possible to book it even without being targeted.

Thanks!
SusanDK is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 10:31 am #5

Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: Amex Centurion, Delta Platinum, US Air Platinum, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarusoba View Post
One that is still going on until the end of this month is this.
Is this good for US Centurion?
parpar22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 3:31 pm #6

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern California
Programs: AA & Delta Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 346
2 free nights @ shangri la asian properties

I received a mailing a few weeks ago for 2 free nights at 20+ selected shangri la properties in Asia + $100 credit per night (nights can be booked at separate properties).

Just to clarify...this is 2 nights total...not 2 nights per property.

This is on a US Biz Centurion account.
bubu-SNA is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 7:20 pm #7
Original Poster

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar22 View Post
Is this good for US Centurion?
FWIW I called about that offer (free night @ Waldorf or Conrad) and the (U.S.) agent didn't know anything about it, and they searched around for 30 minutes then called back and said they still couldn't find anything. Maybe because it seemed to be targeted to U.K. members?

In any case-- this would be a great thread for us to share other good offers we get...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu-SNA View Post
I received a mailing a few weeks ago for 2 free nights at 20+ selected shangri la properties in Asia + $100 credit per night (nights can be booked at separate properties).

Just to clarify...this is 2 nights total...not 2 nights per property.

This is on a US Biz Centurion account.
...like this offer. Very good deal! Maybe there needs to be an Asia trip coming up :-) Was there an offer code or anything else with it?

I'll be happy to share when we get another good offer here...

best
E
pnoeric is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 7:49 pm #8

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: hong kong
Programs: Centurion, CX MP, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Posts: 349
I recently used the one free night offer at Tokyo Conrad with no glitches. Got some HHonors points and AA miles for the stay too without paying a single penny for the stay. Was upgraded to a suite upon checkin as I was a diamond HHonors member from Centurion. Welcome chocolates were also given .
chinatown is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 8:17 pm #9

Join Date: May 2007
Location: YYZ, but my heart is in Asia
Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Posts: 4,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu-SNA View Post
I received a mailing a few weeks ago for 2 free nights at 20+ selected shangri la properties in Asia + $100 credit per night (nights can be booked at separate properties).

Just to clarify...this is 2 nights total...not 2 nights per property.

This is on a US Biz Centurion account.
This would be a good one. I have one or two Asia trips per month coming up until the Summer. I don't know if it's available in Canada or not. I'll try to book some nights with it.
jarusoba is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 8:19 pm #10

Join Date: May 2007
Location: YYZ, but my heart is in Asia
Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Posts: 4,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown View Post
I recently used the one free night offer at Tokyo Conrad with no glitches. Got some HHonors points and AA miles for the stay too without paying a single penny for the stay. Was upgraded to a suite upon checkin as I was a diamond HHonors member from Centurion. Welcome chocolates were also given .
I used it in TYO as well. No suite for us. They were all sold out when we were there. But we had a nice room facing the harbor.

Can't complain since this didn't cost us a dime!
jarusoba is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:53 pm #11

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG P, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,417
This offer for UK Plats was also referred to by PTS (and SPG in the booking) as WOW...
http://cpi-web.ru/forum/ameri...-targeted.html
EDIflyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 12, 3:23 pm #12

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TLV, NYC, PAR
Programs: LY Plat, AF Gold, Cathay Emerald, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Sixt Plat, *wood Gold, Hilton Diamond, ...
Posts: 196
Centurion Invites, gifts, offers

We get some invites to the gallery auto show in Detroit, a free night at the waldorfs or Conrad, 1000 euros gift card at arije in France, a 500 usd gift card at tori bush in the us and many other invites, gift cards, offers, etc... It is often targeted but in reality we usually can access those offers even if not targeted.
But we have to know that they occur and in which country, so please post them here for other cardholders who may have not heard about them yet.
Ruben5b is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 12, 3:38 pm #13
mia
Cpi-Web Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA 2MM Perpetual Platinum; VS, HH & SPG Gold
Posts: 32,394
Moderator action

I have added Ruben5b's question to the very similar thread started by pnoeric three days previously.
mia is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 12, 8:15 am #14

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Japan
Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoeric View Post
FWIW I called about that offer (free night @ Waldorf or Conrad) and the (U.S.) agent didn't know anything about it, and they searched around for 30 minutes then called back and said they still couldn't find anything. Maybe because it seemed to be targeted to U.K. members?


best
E
Hi,
This offer was not U.K members. I had received it as well. Hong Kong members received it too.

Thanks,
masahiro
masahiro is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 12, 5:36 pm #15
Original Poster

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by masahiro View Post
Hi,
This offer was not U.K members. I had received it as well. Hong Kong members received it too.

Thanks,
masahiro
Thanks for letting us know. I suspect a lot of these deals are international, which is better for everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben5b View Post
We get some invites to the gallery auto show in Detroit, a free night at the waldorfs or Conrad, 1000 euros gift card at arije in France, a 500 usd gift card at tori bush in the us and many other invites, gift cards, offers, etc... It is often targeted but in reality we usually can access those offers even if not targeted.
But we have to know that they occur and in which country, so please post them here for other cardholders who may have not heard about them yet.
Definitely-- let's use this thread as the place to share 'em.
pnoeric is offline Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
- FlyerTalk - Archive - Top