Go Back > > >
Old Apr 5, 15, 2:40 pm #16
mia
Cpi-Web Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA 2MM Perpetual Platinum; VS, HH & SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmal View Post
...the AMEX Plat associated PP card only allows the cardholder access for free with any other guest being charged $27.
FlyerGoldII has a Canadian card. I daresay you have a USA-issued card. The benefits differ.
mia is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 15, 4:07 pm #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareholder View Post
There are more than four Plaza Premium lounges in Canada:

YYZ has four, three in T1 and one in T3
YVR, YWG and YEG have one each

All are accessible with either the standard Canadian Amex Plat/Centurion cards or Priority Pass. At HKG, the airside and landside lounges are also Priority Pass, but also give entry with the Canadian Amex Plat/Centurion cards.
Thank you for clarifying. I have wanted to mean that there are PPL at 4 Canadian airports.

The Priority Pass that comes with the Canadian Amex The Platinum also allows access to the Salon Lounge at YQB as well as National Bank lounge at YUL international departure (near gate 53).

There is no MLL at YQB.

Last edited by Clipper801; Apr 6, 15 at 4:18 pm
Clipper801 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 15, 10:10 am #18

Programs: Amex Platinum, CX Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareholder View Post
There are more than four Plaza Premium lounges in Canada:

YYZ has four, three in T1 and one in T3
YVR, YWG and YEG have one each

All are accessible with either the standard Canadian Amex Plat/Centurion cards or Priority Pass. At HKG, the airside and landside lounges are also Priority Pass, but also give entry with the Canadian Amex Plat/Centurion cards.
Shareholder, there are 2 PP Lounges at YEG and 3 at YVR!! The HKG Plaza arrivals, so far as I know is not a PP Lounge, but Amex Plat will get you in.
Altaflyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 15, 3:51 pm #19

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Anyone know if the Amex Plat (Canada) will get you access to the Plaza Premium lounge in AUH?
neuron is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 1:43 am #20

Does anyone know if the Heathrow T3 Arrivals lounge is available with AmEx Platimum? It's not listed on the AmEx site and is not on Priority Pass (T2 and T4 arrivals are)
hypercrypt is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 8:38 am #21
mia

See the Plaza Premium website:

https://plaza-network.com/promot...39808410959872

Quote:
The following American Express cards from the issuing countries below are entitled access to ALL Plaza Premium Lounge locations worldwide:
You can also contact the LHR lounges directly:

Quote:
Contact Information

[email protected]

+44 208 976 7806
Old Nov 7, 17, 10:37 am #22

Thanks Mia,

I read this but wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it as the Amex platimum lounge page doesn't list these lines.
hypercrypt is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 1:11 pm #23
mia

American Express (USA) does not publicize the relationship with Plaza Premium. I don't know why, but perhaps it's expensive compared to their other lounge access arrangements. American Express Canada does highlight it.

I would send an email to [email protected] asking if they accept American Express Platinum for complimentary admission to that location. (If I recall correctly that space was formerly an Air Canada arrivals lounge and I recall it as fairly small. I think the location is unintuitive, because you have to walk outdoors to get there, but this time of year the brisk air helps with the overnight flight jetlag).
Old Nov 7, 17, 10:53 pm #24

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
Does anyone know if the Heathrow T3 Arrivals lounge is available with AmEx Platimum? It's not listed on the AmEx site and is not on Priority Pass (T2 and T4 arrivals are)
I can confirm the Plaza Premium Arrivals T3 (outside but now signposted) does accept the Amex Plat chargecard for entry - that's how I got in a month or so back

That said, I much prefer the Plaza Premium Arrivals lounge in T4, it's miles better in terms of food, atmosphere, space etc! If you're not in a rush, hop on the free train over to T4 and use that one
Gagravarr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 2:38 pm #25
dw

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb, Kimpton IC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
The new LHR T5 Plaza Premium Lounge also seems to not currently be accepting Priority Pass, although a feature in Business Traveller today mentioned access via the AMEX Plat.
dw is offline Reply With Quote