Go Back > > >
Old Nov 2, 17, 2:26 pm #226

Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, United MP
I wonder what it's like at DCA and at LAX? I plan to fly from both airports next week, and will be carrying my iPhone 8+, iPad mini, and laptop. Does that mean I have to take out the iPad and Mac, and place in separate bins? What a waste. What about food? I plan on packing snacks.
MrAndy1369 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 17, 8:03 pm #227

DCA

Just flew through DCA today. The TSO asked if I had any food in my bag. I replied no, and there was no search thru my bag.
abcde1224 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 8:02 am #228

I flew out of PHL D Terminal yesterday afternoon, everyone sort of got the TSA PreCheck system, told to leave shoes, jackets and belts on and electronics stay in bags, if you beeped in the standard metal detector you got sent to the body scanner. The TSA employee directing everyone made no mention of food and claimed they were testing out a new system, half of the people in line were confused or not paying attention and took off their shoes and tried to go into the body scanner only to be directed to the metal detector.
ltp711 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 8:13 am #229
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For some PreCheck passengers at TSA screening checkpoints, I've seen TSA ask for the passengers to take out sausages and cheese but leave other things as usual. Seen this in recent weeks at airports catering to "cheeseheads".
GUWonder is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:55 am #230
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltp711 View Post
I flew out of PHL D Terminal yesterday afternoon, everyone sort of got the TSA PreCheck system, told to leave shoes, jackets and belts on and electronics stay in bags, if you beeped in the standard metal detector you got sent to the body scanner. The TSA employee directing everyone made no mention of food and claimed they were testing out a new system, half of the people in line were confused or not paying attention and took off their shoes and tried to go into the body scanner only to be directed to the metal detector.

Was a TSA or other security canine present?
Boggie Dog is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 10:16 am #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog View Post
Was a TSA or other security canine present?
Yes.
ltp711 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 10:26 am #232
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Quote:
That is what Chicago (the local government) paid for to make things faster for ORD passengers.

Did PHL pay for that kind of approach to speed up things too?
GUWonder is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:23 pm #233
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Quote:
Yes.
A key indicator.
Boggie Dog is online now Reply With Quote