Go Back > > >
Old Nov 6, 17, 10:02 pm #106

Programs: QFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Would you rather they did nothing, I agree as I fly weekly and internationally I see many incidents of idiotic security and for every new initiative for every new emerging threat find the loop holes worrisome as a flyer, but roll with it.

You see "The Foreigner" yet
You do realize that nothing DHS or TSA has ever done since their creation has done anything to improve air security in any way whatsoever don't you?
Spiff, iluv2fly and Xyzzy like this.
Himeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 2:37 pm #107

Programs: AA EX-Plat **, UA 1K, IHG platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2fly View Post
Well, I flew SIN-HKG that day on UA but there wasn't any additional questions/issues. Probably because it was inter-Asia. I would have thought that since it is a USA carrier that they would do something.

However, I then flew HKG-ORD. When I arrived at the gate for boarding, the UA agent asked me two questions while waiting in line:

Did you pack your bag?
Did anyone give you anything?

Having answered no, she then said that now a security agent needs to ask you some additional questions.

Security agent comes and asks:

Why are you going to ORD? (I live there)
How long were you in HKG? (Two hours)

No looking in bag or anything physical with me.

He then puts a purple security sticker on my passport and tells me not to remove it. Ironically, after he put it on, nobody asked to see it.

I felt so much safer!
doing a 3 hour air side turn in SIN. Status match run . Will report how it went in 2 days. (Have been to SIN before longer and shorter turns, but kind of nervous this time)
IAHUArunner is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:12 am #108

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador
I flew from Khabarovsk to Seoul to LAX on Asiana last week. Same ticket. 5 hour transit in Seoul. No questions.
jphripjah is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38 am #109

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Week ago in Hong Kong waiting for AA192 to lax. I'm at the gate about 45 minutes early. Agents are at their counters but not many passengers here yet. I'm just wandering around and stopped to look at the screen. Young guy in some kind of uniform strikes up a conversation. I'm thinking he wants to practice his English since it could use a little work. Don't make much of his questions, ususal sort of travel stuff but they start to get a little detailed, then out of the blue he says "Can I see your passport?". I give him a strong NO" and walk away. Thought it was pretty weird and noticed he continued to "patrol" the gate area, periodically going back and taliking with the gate agents. Eventually decided he was some kind of security but didnt make a connection until seeing some of the new posts here.
Gotta say it kind of creeped me out and looks like a fertile area for all sorts of problems. I'll transit HKG on CX again at Thanksgiving on the way to BKK. Should be interesting.
IntlRabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 2:33 am #110

Programs: AA, Marriott
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlRabbit View Post
Week ago in Hong Kong waiting for AA 192 to lax. I'm at the gate about 45 minutes early. Agents are at their counters but not many passengers here yet. I'm just wandering around and stopped to look at the screen.
But other than the bag search on the jet bridge, there were no additional questions upon check-in or before boarding, right?
Majuki is offline Reply With Quote