Go Back Cpi-Web Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page > How do you add a Skymiles Number to an existing reservation?

How do you add a Skymiles Number to an existing reservation?

Old Mar 27, 13, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Plat, DL Plat somehow, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
How do you add a Skymiles Number to an existing reservation?

Been searching around the incredibly tedious revamped Delta.com* site for quite a while and cannot figure out how to pull up a reservation that isn't already listed under "MY TRIPS" and add the passenger's Skymiles number.

* So far, imo, they've wasted a hefty chunk of change on the overhauled site (for which they have remarkably further reducing its usability and left unaddressed most of more important existing limitations - not enough time here to get into all of the reasons why though).
Old Mar 27, 13, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by GrizShel View Post
Been searching around the incredibly tedious revamped Delta.com* site for quite a while and cannot figure out how to pull up a reservation that isn't already listed under "MY TRIPS" and add the passenger's Skymiles number.

* So far, imo, they've wasted a hefty chunk of change on the overhauled site (for which they have remarkably further reducing its usability and left unaddressed most of more important existing limitations - not enough time here to get into all of the reasons why though).
Step 1 - log out of DL.com

Step 2 - click on My Trips
Old Mar 27, 13, 11:37 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT/2MM
You can also call Delta, have them pull up the reservation by the locator number and have them add the Skymiles number manually. After that, it will start showing up when you log on.
Old Mar 27, 13, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hilton Silver (Yuck)
I just had to do this with my sister's reservation.

Open the reservation (can do this by searching for a reservation). I did this by opening my trips (go to myDelta, then click "open" in upcoming reservations. You should then have the option to use the trip finder at the top of the page)

Within the reservation, right under passenger name, you should see "add skymiles number"...or something to that effect.

After doing all of that yesterday...it wouldn't take it, and I had to call in anyway. What a joy
Old Jan 29, 14, 6:15 pm

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post

Thanks for posting this, mnbp -- it worked perfectly.
Old Aug 18, 15, 9:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post

OMG, thank you. I kept getting an error when trying to add it while logged in. I logged out and it worked perfectly. Logged back in and now my trip is there.

Search this Thread