Anyone ever seen this aircraft? WH3

Old Jun 4, 17, 11:10 pm

Anyone ever seen this aircraft? WH3

Seatguru says the plane is supposed to be a 737. Searching for a WH3 aircraft doesn't give very much helpful information.

I don't think such a plane exists. What gives Delta?
Old Jun 4, 17, 11:17 pm
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
It's just an internal code to differentiate between 738 variants. The aircraft is a 737-800.
Old Jun 4, 17, 11:17 pm

See http://cpi-web.ru/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1840340-question-board-what-w9m.html#post28377021

It's an internal code to specify the exact seat map being used for the aircraft type... presumably a delta.com error to show that code.
Old Jun 4, 17, 11:18 pm

So how am I supposed to pick the proper seat when the layout on Delta is wrong?

Pick the seat number according to what I want on seatguru and hope they get it right on the day of the flight?
Old Jun 4, 17, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by LAStotheWorld View Post
So how am I supposed to pick the proper seat when the layout on Delta is wrong?

Pick the seat number according to what I want on seatguru and hope they get it right on the day of the flight?
The layout on Delta is correct. What makes you think it's not?
Old Jun 4, 17, 11:21 pm

https://seatguru.com/airlines/De..._737-800_A.php

C+ is rows 10-13 on seatguru.
Delta is showing it as 10-15.

Who is correct? I don't care, but I am hoping that 18C is going to be the green seat shown on seatguru when I fly.
Old Jun 4, 17, 11:22 pm

Who is correct? I don't care, but I am hoping that 18C is going to be the green seat shown on seatguru when I fly.
10-15 is C+. Delta just finished doubling C+ on all 737-800s. SeatGuru should be updated.
Old Jun 4, 17, 11:25 pm

Thanks, just wanted clarification.
Old Jun 5, 17, 12:32 am
Cpi-Web Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond

Seatguru was a great site at one point. Nowadays I don't trust anything on it, especially the comments/reviews. People could get a lay flat double wide bed and would still complain because it wasn't 24 part gold. Or complain that the seat offers no room when paying 50 for a transcontinental flight.
Old Jun 5, 17, 12:47 am

Programs: DL 2 Million Miler/Diamond; UA 1K Premier; Hyatt Platinum; Hilton Gold; National Executive Elite
All Delta and DL Connection aircraft with Economy Comfort begin with the 'W' on the internal code. I'm told once the entire roll out of expanded seating is done, the 'W' will go away and the WH3/W3H will return to 73H and a W5D will be a 75D and so on...
Old Jun 5, 17, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Seatguru was a great site at one point. Nowadays I don't trust anything on it, especially the comments/reviews. People could get a lay flat double wide bed and would still complain because it wasn't 24 part gold. Or complain that the seat offers no room when paying 50 for a transcontinental flight.
Are most seat maps updated? If not, can anyone request updates?
Old Jun 5, 17, 7:39 am
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LTPlat, Hertz PC
Anyone can request updates there. Should be a link to provide feedback or report seatmap discrepancy... just give them the link from DL for the new config.
Old Jun 5, 17, 8:34 am
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, SPG Plat

This represents an interesting ideological position. Why do you think a SeatGuru seat map is correct and Delta's own is not? SeatGuru vs. other carriers, too?

(I'll repeat the complaints that SeatGuru is often outdated and filled with superficial remarks. )
Old Jun 5, 17, 11:22 am

Programs: DL DM; AA EXP, 1MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I've seen more than one review there of people who took bulkhead seats saying that the legroom was great but complaining they didn't have a TV like the other seats (they didn't realize it was pop-up TV from the armrests)
Old Jun 13, 17, 10:01 am

Programs: DL PM
Has anyone sat in row 1 on a 738? Is it worth it, or should I just stick to the other rows (I'm currently sitting in 2A).