Go Back > > >
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 1, 17, 11:39 am #31
vgc

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by takhliq1 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have a situation where i am flying with Emirates but on 2 separate tickets.
First flight is an award flight from IAD to DXB. Then a separate cash ticket from DXB to SKT. Will i be able to check my baggage thru to SKT?

Thanks.
That might be a question for the Emirates forum. I don't want to tell you yes for sure, but I personally feel like they absolutely have the ability to do so.
vgc is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 17, 11:52 am #32

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: SEA, NW/DL 1.5Million Miler
Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-18
Posts: 3,049
You might also want to check at the transfer point with the gate agent to see if the baggage has transferred onto their flight.

Jiburi
jiburi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 3:12 am #33
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 12R/30L
Programs: EK Gold| EY Gold|IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond|SPG Plat
Posts: 2,154
If they are both on EK metal then yes they will
Zol is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 10:37 am #34

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiburi View Post
You might also want to check at the transfer point with the gate agent to see if the baggage has transferred onto their flight.

Jiburi
Much to my dismay and inconvenience, twice recently on 2 different EK flights ex DXB, I have enquired at gate as to whether my checked in luggage had been loaded, both times after consulting computer gate agent told me yes....and luggage had NOT made the flight.
So I have to say that this method is not reliable.
ElJudioErrante is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 2:47 pm #35
Ambassador: Emirates

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sydney
Programs: EK Gold, SPG gold, QF Silver, Shangri-La GC Jade
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
Much to my dismay and inconvenience, twice recently on 2 different EK flights ex DXB, I have enquired at gate as to whether my checked in luggage had been loaded, both times after consulting computer gate agent told me yes....and luggage had NOT made the flight.
So I have to say that this method is not reliable.
If you ask this question and your luggage hasn't made it, do you have the right to refuse to board and get on the next flight?
sydtogla is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 5:26 pm #36

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
If you ask this question and your luggage hasn't made it, do you have the right to refuse to board and get on the next flight?
I didn't know the luggage hadn't made it until I arrived at my destination.I boarded my flights with the knowledge that my luggage was in the hold.
ElJudioErrante is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 5:36 pm #37
Ambassador: Emirates

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sydney
Programs: EK Gold, SPG gold, QF Silver, Shangri-La GC Jade
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
I didn't know the luggage hadn't made it until I arrived at my destination.I boarded my flights with the knowledge that my luggage was in the hold.
Sorry, I'm asking a hypothetical question. If you had been told that your luggage was not on the plane, is it within your rights to refuse to board and be rebooked?
sydtogla is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 5:48 pm #38

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
Sorry, I'm asking a hypothetical question. If you had been told that your luggage was not on the plane, is it within your rights to refuse to board and be rebooked?
I don't know,however on both those occasions I was purposely the first at the gate to get boarding pass beeped and ask the question,so if I was told the luggage hadn't made it,then I would have had time ...supposedly....for the luggage to be located and loaded or at least think quickly to go to a plan B
ElJudioErrante is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 1:37 am #39
Ambassador: Emirates

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 4,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
I didn't know the luggage hadn't made it until I arrived at my destination.I boarded my flights with the knowledge that my luggage was in the hold.
Not sure how accurately they can tell. Bags aren't scanned when they're loaded, they're scanned when they're put on a cart and sent to the aircraft's parking position, they could be left sitting there and not loaded and it'd only be known once they're scanned again after that. The staff might only be able to see that the bags were loaded on the first flight, or might've misunderstood the question to mean that you want to know that your bags are correctly recorded against your PNR, and thus just seeing that you have a checked bag locator on your PNR they said yes.
skywardhunter is online now Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 1:42 am #40

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Not sure how accurately they can tell. Bags aren't scanned when they're loaded, they're scanned when they're put on a cart and sent to the aircraft's parking position, they could be left sitting there and not loaded and it'd only be known once they're scanned again after that. The staff might only be able to see that the bags were loaded on the first flight, or might've misunderstood the question to mean that you want to know that your bags are correctly recorded against your PNR, and thus just seeing that you have a checked bag locator on your PNR they said yes.
In both events,I checked in bags early in DXB so was point to point.And after being told at gate by agent after looking at PNR,I was told bags loaded on plane.My question was definitely understood.
ElJudioErrante is offline Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
- FlyerTalk - Archive - Top