Go Back > >
Old Sep 28, 17, 8:31 am #1156
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84fiero View Post
That was good to see. I'm surprised I haven't anything on FT promoting that and similar relief efforts. Or maybe it's there and I haven't found it.
As am I.

However, I'm not a tall surprised to see a general lack of coverage on BA.

Out of sight, out of mind. Never mind our fellow Americans without water while I continue living out of a hotel or complain about having a seat mate on an AKL-DOH business class journey. (Cough cough) Today's Travel Update post drips with something close to debauchery but has more to do with a 'bag'
RFDMinnesota is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 17, 1:07 am #1157
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Quote:
That was good to see. I'm surprised I haven't anything on FT promoting that and similar relief efforts. Or maybe it's there and I haven't found it.
A fairly moderate attempt is in FT cares: http://cpi-web.ru/forum/flyertalk-cares-688/
oliver2002 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 12:40 pm #1158
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, TSA Pre!
Should we use the term Tarmac

Interesting that he mined OMNI for this. I mean, I get that bloggers steal borrow from Cpi-Web all the time, but going to OMNI is really scraping the bottom of the barrel....
kokonutz is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 17, 5:46 am #1159

Looks like BA has a new king - Sam Chui

Bittersweet in a way to think he could be appearing next to someone like PointsWithACrew or LiveAndLetFly - Sam Chui is a real pro
Jesperss is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 17, 5:50 pm #1160
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
Should we use the term Tarmac

Interesting that he mined OMNI for this. I mean, I get that bloggers steal borrow from Cpi-Web all the time, but going to OMNI is really scraping the bottom of the barrel....
OMNIís a window into what kind of people there are in the world. No worse than Facebook.
GUWonder is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 17, 8:07 pm #1161

Looks like Monkey Miles is just making up fictional places for his articles now.
Astrophsx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 17, 8:24 pm #1162

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
Looks like Monkey Miles is just making up fictional places for his articles now.
LOL. Thanks, that honestly made me chuckle for the first time today.
gpeso8 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 6:04 pm #1163

Hard to set the bar any lower than the points of life. His coverage of Peruvian food:

On the other hand, the ceviche lived up to the hype and the pizza was not meh. The nachos were some of the best I’ve ever.
Old Nov 4, 17, 6:26 pm #1164

Programs: AA Plat; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Carlson Marriott & SPG Gold
Quote:
Hard to set the bar any lower than the points of life. His coverage of Peruvian food:

On the other hand, the ceviche lived up to the hype and the pizza was not meh. The nachos were some of the best Iíve ever.
Randy hand-selected that. Only the best.
RFDMinnesota likes this.
Adam1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 17, 1:01 am #1165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
Randy hand-selected that. Only the best.
Here is another golden nugget:

"Alpaca tastes like church. Guinea pig tastes like chicken. Cerveza tastes like beer."

http://thepointsoflife.boardingarea....cusco-edition/
Old Nov 5, 17, 7:13 am #1166

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Platinum Thanks to FT
Quote:
Here is another golden nugget:

"Alpaca tastes like church. Guinea pig tastes like chicken. Cerveza tastes like beer."

http://thepointsoflife.boardingarea....cusco-edition/
Just when you think the quality of writing on BA canít go any lower....
BA never disappoints when it comes to the garbage blogs that it offers. The good blogs are outnumbered by the bad and itís not worth the effort to find the good ones. I stick with Frequent Miler and Wandering Aramean.
cruisr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 9:46 am #1167

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Not just hard, but impossible to set the bar lower than Points of Life. He makes other completely incompetent, awful blogs look well-written by comparison.
nineworldseries is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 6:39 am #1168

Programs: Mahalo Rewards
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
Not just hard, but impossible to set the bar lower than Points of Life. He makes other completely incompetent, awful blogs look well-written by comparison.
True, although it might be close to a toss-up between TPOL and "Renes Points"
84fiero is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 6:52 am #1169
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Quote:
True, although it might be close to a toss-up between TPOL and "Renes Points"
It's a sign of the times. As the airline "loyalty" programs become an even more extreme shell game to fleece consumers and have less and less value to provide their members, those covering these programs have less useful material to provide for their reading audience members.

I expect the quality and utility of the blogs in this space won't be making massive improvements in general as the blogs' historical market has less to gain from these programs than they used to have to gain.
GUWonder is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 7:08 am #1170

Programs: AA Plat; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Carlson Marriott & SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
It's a sign of the times. As the airline "loyalty" programs become an even more extreme shell game to fleece consumers and have less and less value to provide their members, those covering these programs have less useful material to provide for their reading audience members.

I expect the quality and utility of the blogs in this space won't be making massive improvements in general as the blogs' historical market has less to gain from these programs than they used to have to gain.

Maybe. But maybe this has causation confused as it's not clear these garbage blogs ever had anything to do with high value mileage programs. Blogs proliferated because of the growth of credit card marketing profiteering, encouraged by people like Randy, with no relationship to the actual value of frequent flier programs. Quantity over quality, blogs by people who have never leftthe lower 48 except one time using miles from a credit card signup, etc.
The credit card marketing model and the blogs pushing it to the masses who will never be frequent fliers is a factor in the devaluation of mileage programs, not vice versa . Some bloggers have made a living off of selling credit cards and helped kill the benefits of frequent flying.
RFDMinnesota likes this.
Adam1222 is offline Reply With Quote