Go Back > > >
Old Nov 5, 17, 7:01 am #121

Programs: AY Platinum, Club Carlson Concierge, Diners
I have never heard of extras for segments. My previous qualification period was for me extreme, ended up somewhere around 120 segments. That wasnít at least enough for anything extra. This period I might not even requalify for plat - letís see.
niksal is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 7:13 am #122

Programs: AY+ Platinum, CC Concierge, Accor Platinum
yeah, I had 122 segments last year - nothing.
aapee is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 1:38 pm #123
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by aapee View Post
yeah, I had 122 segments last year - nothing.
Wow... That's a lot of segments!
SPBanker is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 2:31 pm #124

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
In October I clocked in another 100k, thus making double-Plat in 8 months. I'd really want an AY branded Rimowa roller! How uncool is it to have an LH one only
WilcoRoger is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 3:22 am #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBanker View Post
Wow... That's a lot of segments!
yeah.. flying from TMP so each return is four. this tracking period a little less with finnair, been using airBaltic instead for some destinations
Old Nov 7, 17, 5:10 am #126

So how's AirBaltic these days? It's been a really long time I haven't flown them.
Old Nov 7, 17, 2:59 pm #127

They're ok - the schedule from TMP is a pain (5:25 am flights), but then you're there early (like TXL before 9am). I prefer the Q400's for short haul. Also really like the CS300s but the 737's feel ancient. Y service on par with finnair, maybe a little better, pay for everything tho.

Haven't tried out the new lounge at RIX yet, the layovers have been really short lately.
Old Nov 7, 17, 4:08 pm #128
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Platinum, BA Silver, Carlson Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
In October I clocked in another 100k, thus making double-Plat in 8 months. I'd really want an AY branded Rimowa roller! How uncool is it to have an LH one only
You'd definitely deserve one...wonder if they still have them, you tend to see them less and less every year as the newest ones must be something like 10 years old...and many people don't like heavy (business) travel for all their career so there must be a lot of them unused/broken etc. by now..
NoWindowSeat is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 1:40 am #129

I think I earned these last 100k with much less agony than those clocking in 100-120 legs... 2x EU-Asia does it in the front of the bus.

I got the Lufthansa branded alu luggage, I don't remember if I paid money or miles or both. Those are really nice, not only they have the LH logo, but the lining is also special LH branded lining. And at the time LH seemed to be the last place where you could still get 2-wheeled luggage. <place rant about spinners here>

At one time the AY shop also had Rimowas, imagine my disappointment when it came and it was a plain-vanilla Rimowa, w/o AY branding.
Old Nov 8, 17, 2:36 am #130

Programs: Got a K-Plussa black! S-card remains green :D
Will send a feedback to bring back Rimowas. I want one too.
FFlash is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 3:56 am #131

Programs: AY Plat
Make the AY-Rimowa a lifetime plat benefit...
cistavoda is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 2:49 am #132

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat View Post
You'd definitely deserve one...wonder if they still have them, you tend to see them less and less every year as the newest ones must be something like 10 years old...and many people don't like heavy (business) travel for all their career so there must be a lot of them unused/broken etc. by now..
Actually, I still got one or two unused since my first one still works perfect. I think I got my last one eight years ago.
Ed Size is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:37 am #133
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Platinum, BA Silver, Carlson Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Size View Post
Actually, I still got one or two unused since my first one still works perfect. I think I got my last one eight years ago.
Yes they indeed are made to last, my two cabin size ones are both ok too, I have replaced the handle once on the oldest. However, the one I got last (after they had options available..this was something like 2006/7) which is a big 4 wheel trolley, that needs to be checked to the hold, is pretty well beaten up...has needed few wheel changes, works ok but doesnt look too pretty anymore😁
NoWindowSeat is offline Reply With Quote