Go Back > > >
Old Oct 29, 17, 11:48 am #1
Original Poster

Oversold flight

Wife and I are connecting through HNL to LNY on separate PNR from AA. Booked tickets many months ago, but Hawaiian changed flight schedule a month or so ago. We are confirmed on new flight, but were not given seat assignments with the rebooking. I looked on expertflyer and it shows every seat is filled for our flight.

Does Hawaiian Air show seats as filled but hold back seats? This is a small turboprop and I really do not want to be bumped to some other flight.
jrb CO is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 17, 5:05 pm #2

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb CO View Post
Wife and I are connecting through HNL to LNY on separate PNR from AA. Booked tickets many months ago, but Hawaiian changed flight schedule a month or so ago. We are confirmed on new flight, but were not given seat assignments with the rebooking. I looked on expertflyer and it shows every seat is filled for our flight.

Does Hawaiian Air show seats as filled but hold back seats? This is a small turboprop and I really do not want to be bumped to some other flight.
I can't speak to the LNY flights specifically, but in general, yes, HA routinely blocks significant numbers of interisland seats. Until recently, they'd all open up a few days before departure. Now the blocking seems to stick around longer (as in going out with an empty row of seats that showed full at checkin) but they're there for GAs to fill. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
WrightHI is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 17, 5:23 pm #3
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 17, 3:23 pm #4

Programs: UAL 1K, Hawaiian Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
You can call Hawaiian and sometimes the agent will just assign you seats.
coconuts is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 17, 3:46 pm #5
Original Poster

Gate agent had boarding passes with seat assignments waiting on us at the counter. No issues!