Go Back > > >
Old May 29, 15, 9:05 pm - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 12, 04, 2:50 pm #1
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: up in the air
Arrow Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Posts older than 2014 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Hong Kong

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum co-moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 29, 16 at 6:44 am
Kiwi Flyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 13, 5:00 am #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
Basically the lounge times - I have stayed there a few times, but not in the last two years.

I am arriving into HKG at 5pm tomorrow and was hoping the times were a little later.

5-7 - come either around 4:30 or after six to get a table... you may be able to catch the tail end while checking in up there.. after that 7-11 they have some deserts

pricey grocery store downstairs with very extensive deli/takeout is open until 10 although not sure if new year day has shorter hours
azepine00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 14, 4:24 am #3
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltS
All my "ducks lined up" this evening! My flight landed ½ hour early at ¼ to 5 and was in the lounge 65 minutes later.

I walked out of immigration and across to Airport Express station as a train pulled in. Waited two minutes and was off by 17:10. Slight hiccup at Central as my Octopus card had to be reactivated (since I had not used it in over "1000 days"), but no real issue - walked out to find H1 bus was leaving in 1 minute and was checked-in¹ by ¼ to 6 and in lounge 5 minutes later.

Decor is darker and less space hungry, but there are a lot more seats than I remember - I had little problem getting a seat (a group of about 20 had just left and were waiting for an elevator in the 59th foyer).

Upgraded to Peak view executive room on 61st floor.

Wifi good and strong, no problem Skyping home.

¹ downstairs - the desk clerks there were not busy as I came in ("bird in the hand" and all that)

Last edited by serfty; Jan 1, 14 at 4:35 am
serfty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 14, 7:14 am #4

a couple observations:

a couple guys loudly talking on cell phones in the lounge for 30-40 min each; I mentioned that to attendant and he offered to reseat me.. we left

one room close to elevator stays with open door most of the time since yesterday - young guys come in and out and hang out by the elevator - very odd
Old Jan 1, 14, 1:09 pm #5

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
sounds like a few people got coal in their stockings this year
Not really. When someone posts a frequent question and doesn't seem familiar with searching, it's much better to reply with detailed search instructions than to repeat some of the info. One reason is immediate: the search results in more and more detailed replied than would otherwise be seen by the poster. Another is long-term: by learning how to search, the poster gains useful knowledge that will help him/her find answers.
anabolism is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 14, 1:13 pm #6

New Years Eve Day

Checked out Tuesday late afternoon. Tried to use the lounge right at 5:00, but it was packed with long lines waiting for tables or to check in. We also breakfasted in the lounge Tuesday morning but it was very crowded and I found myself unconsciously wolfing down my food, probably a reaction to the crowding, bustle, noise, etc. Granted, this was a very busy day for the hotel.
Old Jan 1, 14, 5:42 pm #7
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Skipped breakfast this morning as had to be checked in by 7:45am, but could have used either main restaurant or lounge.

Plate of fruit and chocolates were waiting for me.

I did note the Airport express connection bus now comes into the entrance rather than a bus stop between Shangri-la and Conrad - made waiting much easier.
Old Jan 2, 14, 2:09 am #8
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
AWAW makes it to the Conrad HK

https://facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
JohnnyColombia is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 14, 6:43 am #9

Programs: BAEC (Silver), HHhonors (Diamond), IHG (Spire Amb), SPG (Gold), Hyatt (Explorist)
We had a two night stay here just after Christmas - our first stay at the Conrad HK. Overall it was a really enjoyable stay. My wife loved the Exec room we were given on the 55th floor at check in as Golds -quiet, very clean, comfrtable and well kitted out. I'd echo the comments on the bathroom being a little unpleasant but overall, very nice.

Exec lounge was fine when we visited for both breakfast and evening drinks. There's certainly quite a few tables in there but the offering was decent (fell short of the Hilton Tokyo buffet breakfast where we'd come from), it wasn't overly busy but I was very pleasantly surprised given comments here. Not at the standards of the Conrad Seoul EL, but good nonetheless I'd say. Great staff too in the EL and check in desk.
rrrrrich is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 14, 4:02 pm #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
I did note the Airport express connection bus now comes into the entrance rather than a bus stop between Shangri-la and Conrad - made waiting much easier.
When did it stop outside the hotel? It's been pulling into first the Shangri-La and then the Conrad for many years.

BTW, taking the bus from the station to the Conrad is pretty direct, but going the other way involves a long (and rather wild) tour of Wan Chai (and Admiralty and Central).
Old Jan 2, 14, 7:08 pm #11
Cpi-Web Evangelist

I was last in HKG 2009 and there was a stop 20-30 metres along the the road to the west of the drive way.

It is referred to here: http://cpi-web.ru/forum/hilto...l#post15076713
Old Jan 2, 14, 9:43 pm #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
When did it stop outside the hotel? It's been pulling into first the Shangri-La and then the Conrad for many years.

BTW, taking the bus from the station to the Conrad is pretty direct, but going the other way involves a long (and rather wild) tour of Wan Chai (and Admiralty and Central).
Taxi to airport express station is only 25-30hkd and much more convenient
Old Jan 2, 14, 10:22 pm #13
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
True, but the bus is pretty reliable and I prefer to spend my money on other than taxis if I can. It took 12 minutes from pickup (~6:18am) to the station on Thursday morning.
Old Jan 3, 14, 2:53 am #14

Programs: BA GOLD, HH Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Friday 6pm = 45 min wait for a taxi.
stevie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 14, 4:38 am #15
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Refugeeist
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
Friday 6pm = 45 min wait for a taxi.
And Friday at 9 a.m. there was no wait at all for a taxi.

I second the bus in/taxi out approach. The HK$25 fare is approx. US$3. And I really enjoy those HK taxis.

Breakfasted in the lounge for the first time. It's really cramped in there. The tables are so small, there's nowhere to even put a newspaper. On the plus side, they don't have a pastry warmer downstairs in the restaurant.

I don't understand the negative comments about the bathrooms. Haven't seen anything like that in three recent stays. Maybe there are a few bad rooms?
Kacee is online now Reply With Quote