Go Back > > >
Old Nov 6, 17, 4:49 pm #121

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I did about 30 nights there this year. It's a firm favourite. I hope to get back before Christmas.
navelfluff is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:01 am #122

Slept very well and didn’t wake up until 8:45am so it was a late breakfast and no swim in the end.

Breakfast was very nice and it was reasonably quiet. The waffles were good and eggs were being cooked to order.

Wizla, you will be glad to know the plates were so hot I needed napkins to carry it back to the table.

Nipped up to the lounge about 11am to grab some water and it was empty and rather peaceful to watch the world go by. The usual hot and cold drinks along with biscuits, fruit and nuts were available.

Overall a very good stay. No complaints whatsoever.

One thing to note is there is building works going on outside the hotel on the side facing the stadium so from about 9am there was a bit of banging and humming of machinery noticeable. They seem to be laying foundations at the moment. I’m not sure what is being built. The tipi housing is to the left of this and those buildings are looking like they will be the same height as the hotel so if it’s a continuation of that the hotel may lose the stadium view from a lot of rooms and these are sold at a higher rate normally.
chrism20 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 3:37 pm #123

Programs: hhonors diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism20 View Post
Slept very well and didnít wake up until 8:45am so it was a late breakfast and no swim in the end.

Breakfast was very nice and it was reasonably quiet. The waffles were good and eggs were being cooked to order.

Wizla, you will be glad to know the plates were so hot I needed napkins to carry it back to the table.

Nipped up to the lounge about 11am to grab some water and it was empty and rather peaceful to watch the world go by. The usual hot and cold drinks along with biscuits, fruit and nuts were available.

Overall a very good stay. No complaints whatsoever.

One thing to note is there is building works going on outside the hotel on the side facing the stadium so from about 9am there was a bit of banging and humming of machinery noticeable. They seem to be laying foundations at the moment. Iím not sure what is being built. The tipi housing is to the left of this and those buildings are looking like they will be the same height as the hotel so if itís a continuation of that the hotel may lose the stadium view from a lot of rooms and these are sold at a higher rate normally.
yup.....hot plates is a must!....haha.......I generally find with most hilton breakfasts is it's better to finish with coffee in the lounge as it's nearly always superior ........they used to be terrible at Wembley for not clearing tables but this has improved in my last few stays ...I usually request room 530 when booking and often receive this, it's a huge king suite with walk in wardrobe and stadium view.....worth a punt!.........glad you had a great stay.
wizla is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:55 pm #124

Programs: BA Gold
I stayed here recently, and I thought the staff as a whole were proactive in interacting with their guests (in a good way).
But in the lounge there was a couple who at 10 minutes to 8pm as a team walked up and took the 2 bottles of red wine, one opened, one full, and red wine which the staff saw and did nothing (or replaced to the annoyance of other guest playing by the rules and wanted a glass or red at the end of service). And a few minutes later helped themselves to an unopened bottle of white wine out of the ice bucket. And to top it off, brought in their children in who ran riot. I have a suspicion this wasn't a one off....
Forever in Seattle is offline Reply With Quote