Go Back > > >
Old May 20, 15, 2:15 am #76
Cpi-Web Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiima View Post
You mean pad Thai?
No I meant that I enjoy *everything* I eat from street vendors in Bangkok. It's amazing food that you simply can't get in Europe or the US.
stimpy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 2:10 am #77

Programs: United
question about Steamed Crab Claw with Egg White

Steamed crab claw with egg white is an item featured at many restaurants. I've always been intrigued but have never tried it before, since I don't like most forms of eggs (most certainly not, if it's purely egg white).

I'm thinking about trying it once and for all. But what is the liquid that the crab claw sits in? Is it pure egg white? Or is it some type of broth that contains a little bit of egg white? I can eat broth that contains a little bit of egg, like those corn egg soup with chicken/crab. On the other hand, I would be put off it that thing is pure egg white.
evergrn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 9:15 am #78

Location: Home:HKG/YYZ Business:YVR, YOW, ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, MNL, SIN
Programs: DL girl's best friend, Lifetime(DL's) SC, AARP, Nexus/GE, APEC(HK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergrn View Post
Steamed crab claw with egg white is an item featured at many restaurants. I've always been intrigued but have never tried it before, since I don't like most forms of eggs (most certainly not, if it's purely egg white).

I'm thinking about trying it once and for all. But what is the liquid that the crab claw sits in? Is it pure egg white? Or is it some type of broth that contains a little bit of egg white? I can eat broth that contains a little bit of egg, like those corn egg soup with chicken/crab. On the other hand, I would be put off it that thing is pure egg white.
Not a little bit but also not 100% egg white.

It is broth with egg white added to make it into a savoury custard after steaming. The broth can be chicken or seafood or crab
tentseller is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 3:09 pm #79

Programs: United
Okay, thanks.
Is it more broth or more egg? Or does it depend on the restaurant?
I can handle flan and egg-drop soup. I guess I'll give it a try, even though 250HKD is a lot to throw down if I don't like it.
evergrn is offline Reply With Quote