Go Back > > >
Old Nov 6, 17, 12:33 am #1
Original Poster

Programs: HawaiianMiles, AAdvantage, Asia Miles, KrisFlyer
Question Trying to buy a ONE-WAY ticket LAX-NRT

I would like to purchase a one-way ticket on JAL in business class from LAX-Tokyo, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that online. If I select "round-trip" I can choose the class: economy, business, first, etc. But when I select "one-way" there's only ONE class: economy. Is there a way to do this, or is it some strange JAL restriction?
jayboo33 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 3:40 am #2
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Sapphire, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboo33 View Post
I would like to purchase a one-way ticket on JAL in business class from LAX-Tokyo, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that online. If I select "round-trip" I can choose the class: economy, business, first, etc. But when I select "one-way" there's only ONE class: economy. Is there a way to do this, or is it some strange JAL restriction?
Last column on the result page is "Business one-way" fare
JALPak is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 6:17 pm #3
Original Poster

Programs: HawaiianMiles, AAdvantage, Asia Miles, KrisFlyer
Thank you!
jayboo33 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 6:25 pm #4
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboo33 View Post
If you will be paying out of your own pocket for this trip, note that it is sometimes cheaper to purchase miles directly from an airline, and redeem them for a Business Class award ticket -- assuming that a Business Class award seat is available on your desired date of travel. If you have been a member of AA's AAdvantage program for at least a month, you should be able to purchase AAdvantage miles now, on sale. But don't buy any miles unless and until you have been able to put a JL Business Class award seat on a complimentary hold by calling AA.
guv1976 is offline Reply With Quote