How to Change Flight

Old Jan 8, 14, 5:45 pm

How to Change Flight

I am not a flyer of JB and am not sure how to make these changes. I purchased flights already but now need to change the date. I went in to change and see that there is a $75 fee for changing. If I just cancel that flight, and book what I need, will I keep the funds from the original or will it just get eaten up in fees?
thanks
Old Jan 8, 14, 6:19 pm

Programs: trueblue, onepass, skymiles, hilton honors silver
Changing flights

Originally Posted by fasth View Post
I am not a flyer of JB and am not sure how to make these changes. I purchased flights already but now need to change the date. I went in to change and see that there is a $75 fee for changing. If I just cancel that flight, and book what I need, will I keep the funds from the original or will it just get eaten up in fees?
thanks
If you made the reservation within 24 hours you can cancel without a fee.

From jetblue.com

Change/Cancel Fee Amounts - Effective May 17, 2013

Changes and cancellations made 60 days or more prior to departure date:
$75 per person fee + difference in fare

Changes and cancellations made within 60 days of departure date:
$75 per person fee for fares under $100 + difference in fare
$100 per person fee for fares between $100 - $149 + difference in fare
$150 per person fee for fares $150 or more+ difference in fare

*Not applicable for Getaways bookings - click here for Getaways change/cancel fee structure.

Note: Customers who booked their reservation prior to May 17, 2013 will be allowed one change or cancellation at the previous fee structure - $100/per person or $50/per person for fares under $100 + difference in fare.

JetBlue change and cancellation fees will be waived for Mosaic members and those who are on the same itinerary. For a list of all of TrueBlue Mosaic benefits click here.

See Mint Change/Cancel Fees for JetBlue Mint fee structure.

Information on mobile.jetblue.com

Customers no longer have to call and wait in queue when on the go anymore! mobile.jetblue.com should help with most needs -- book a flight, check your flight status, or check-in for your flights from your iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, or other handheld wireless device.

Changes, Cancellations and No-Shows

For quick and easy changes or cancellations to existing reservations, please visit jetblue.com and click on 'Manage Flights'.

Cancellations within 24 Hours
Customers will have 24 hours from the time of their original booking to cancel their reservation without being charged a cancellation fee if travel was booked seven (7) days or more prior to the departure date (not applicable for Getaways reservations). Bookings that have been changed are not eligible for a credit card refund and are subject to a cancellation fee, regardless of being within 24 hours of the original booking.

Nonrefundable Fares
For JetBlue Nonrefundable Fares, changes or cancellations may be made prior to scheduled departure for a per-person change/cancel fee plus any applicable difference in airfare. Any remaining balance will be placed in a JetBlue air-only credit and may be applied toward future travel for one year from date of issuance.

No-Shows
If a JetBlue Nonrefundable reservation is not changed or cancelled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited.

Refundable Fares
For JetBlue Refundable Fares, changes and cancellations for a full refund are permitted prior to scheduled departure. Such changes are subject to availability and any applicable difference in airfare. If a refundable reservation is not changed or cancelled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation will be placed in a JetBlue air-only credit and may be applied toward future travel for one year from date of issuance.
Changes or cancellations made by calling our Reservations Team at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) will require you to have your confirmation number or the name of the customer and the credit card number that was used to make the reservation.
Changes or cancellations made online will require the confirmation number, last name, credit card number and the origin and destination cities. Online Change/Cancel

Customers with hearing or speech impairments can call our toll-free TTY/TDD telephone number, 711.

Cancelled by JetBlue / Fee Waiver Issued
In the event that JetBlue has cancelled a flight and/or a fee waiver has been issued, impacted* customers can go online to the 'Manage Flights' section of jetblue.com to change or cancel their flight without fee or increase in fare, even to sister cities.
Pre-Flight
Old Jan 8, 14, 7:05 pm
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

If I just cancel that flight, and book what I need, will I keep the funds from the original or will it just get eaten up in fees?
thanks
You cannot "just cancel" the flight and get your money back unless you purchased a refundable ticket. There will be, at a minimum the $75 change fee but that number potentially goes up inside of 60 days from travel as bmg42000 noted.

There isn't really a way around paying the fee unless a schedule change comes along and it is significant enough (usually 2+ hours) to make the new flight times unacceptable. Or you could wait until the day of the scheduled travel and hope for a weather or other situation which triggers a free change. Neither of those is particularly likely.
Old Jan 8, 14, 8:44 pm

Guess I am just spoiled by the ease in which changes can be made with southwest...for free.
Old Jan 8, 14, 9:12 pm

Programs: trueblue, onepass, skymiles, hilton honors silver
WN

Guess I am just spoiled by the ease in which changes can be made with southwest...for free.
That's one of the nice things about WN. At least B6 does not make you pay the 75$ via CC to change flights (they just deduct it from your credit). Don't forget to keep an eye out for fare drops as they can give you credit for this as well. (similar to WN)