Go Back > > >
Old Nov 6, 17, 8:46 pm #1
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,AL MVPG,UA Pr Plat,LH,SQ,SPG Plat,HH Gold,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Fairmont
Question Questions re 777ER-300 business class

Did search for both of these questions and came up empty, so...

1. As part of a longer trip, I'm flying SFO-ICN RT on a 777ER-300 in J next month. Is the one-row mini-cabin, row 7, the best option? FWIW, the main J cabin is looking somewhat empty at this point, though I realize seat assignments don't necessarily reflect how many seats are actually sold.
2. My ticket is an I code, which is not eligible for mileage upgrades to F. Any chance I can try to mileage upgrade to F shortly before the flight or at the airport?

Thanks for any help.
Thunderroad is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 6:57 am #2

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Korean Air SkyPass, Asiana Club, AA Advantage
They won't allow mileage upgrades. They're very strict and old school in that regard. Even with paid tickets, no FCM. Just pay the full price to upgrade.

Sorry, can't comment on the seat layout.
mikesaidyes is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 7:18 am #3

Programs: SQ TPPS (16), EK Gold, NZ Gold, IHG Spire RA, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat
There are two rows in the mini cabin. Row 7 is the bassinet row, and in 8 there is a window missing. I considered the mini cabin, but eventually settled for the main cabin. Row 10 is good - note windows are misaligned in row 11.
Eltham is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 7:53 am #4

Programs: Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderroad View Post

1. As part of a longer trip, I'm flying SFO-ICN RT on a 777ER-300 in J next month. Is the one-row mini-cabin, row 7, the best option? FWIW, the main J cabin is looking somewhat empty at this point, though I realize seat assignments don't necessarily reflect how many seats are actually sold.
2. My ticket is an I code, which is not eligible for mileage upgrades to F. Any chance I can try to mileage upgrade to F shortly before the flight or at the airport?

Thanks for any help.
I flew after noon departure two weeks ago.
I asked while checking in about row 7. The ticket agent seemed to indicate it was a bit "confining".
I stayed with my 14A seat. The window seats are really nice. If flying as a couple, the center two seats are best.

Lastly, when I looked at row 7 (for my return flight) I realized I like the larger cabin.
wxman22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:07 am #5
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,AL MVPG,UA Pr Plat,LH,SQ,SPG Plat,HH Gold,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Fairmont
Thanks for all of this information, folks. FWIW, looking at the seat maps at the airline's site, it seems that the 2-2-2 configuration just has row 7 and that the 2-3-2 has 7 and 8. Regardless, I appreciate the help.
Thunderroad is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:50 pm #6

Yea Row 7 is the best on this plane.
It only has one single row in a mini cabin and quite "private" kind of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderroad View Post

Thanks for any help.
HawaiiO is offline Reply With Quote