Go Back > > >
Old Oct 27, 17, 6:10 am - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2015 - Date)
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2014) [Archived]
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 25, 15, 5:41 pm #1
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Exec, Hertz President's Club, Starwood Gold
The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2015 - Date)

I just reserved parking at the LAX Marriott for a trip I am taking in a few weeks.

The regular hotel website says they charge $34 per day for parking, but if you use the "special" airport parking website it's $12 per day for self (outside uncovered) and $14 per day for valet (covered).

The website is a little confusing. You have to create an account -- can't sign in with regular Marriott user name and password. Then it took a few tries to actually make a reservation.

Hopefully it was a good decision. I will report back next month.
SD-Flyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 15, 11:26 pm #2

Programs: UA(no status), LaQuinta Elite
So, SD-Flyer, how did it work out? I am considering this option for an upcoming trip....have a 6am departure, and as a smallish female traveling by myself I'm not super comfortable or with the bargain lots in the dark. If the Marriot deal works out, this seems ideal.
mezzowithcorigis is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 15, 3:33 pm #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzowithcorigis View Post
So, SD-Flyer, how did it work out? I am considering this option for an upcoming trip....have a 6am departure, and as a smallish female traveling by myself I'm not super comfortable or with the bargain lots in the dark. If the Marriot deal works out, this seems ideal.
How long are you traveling for? If the trip is more than a few days, you might be better offer taking Uber or Lyft to the airport.
Statman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 15, 6:28 pm #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statman View Post
How long are you traveling for? If the trip is more than a few days, you might be better offer taking Uber or Lyft to the airport.
Just 5 days...Uber from Bakersfield to LAX will run 150-200 each way. If the park-only option doesn't work at the Marriott, any of the competing hotels' park & fly packages with a 1-night room stay will be cheaper than Uber. There is a shuttle bus from Bakersfield to LAX, but earliest bus on weekends is 8am, so I'd have to go down the night before, and I'd rather not.
Old Sep 1, 15, 7:16 pm #5
Cpi-Web Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Quote:
Just 5 days...Uber from Bakersfield to LAX will run 150-200 each way. If the park-only option doesn't work at the Marriott, any of the competing hotels' park & fly packages with a 1-night room stay will be cheaper than Uber. There is a shuttle bus from Bakersfield to LAX, but earliest bus on weekends is 8am, so I'd have to go down the night before, and I'd rather not.
How about renting a car one way from Bakersfield to LAX, then the same on the way home? When compared to paying for parking + wear-and-tear on your own car, it may be a wash.
IceTrojan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 15, 7:45 pm #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTrojan View Post
How about renting a car one way from Bakersfield to LAX, then the same on the way home? When compared to paying for parking + wear-and-tear on your own car, it may be a wash.
I have done that before, when returning to a different airport (SNA or BUR). In this case, it doesn't solve my original problem of not wanting to be in the parking lot of a rental place/parking facility/etc at 4 in the morning, since they are in rather sketchy areas.
The drive itself isn't the problem....I make a trip over the Grapevine at least once a week, sometimes up to 3.

I really miss the BFL-LAX EMB-120.
Old Sep 1, 15, 10:13 pm #7

Quote:
I have done that before, when returning to a different airport (SNA or BUR). In this case, it doesn't solve my original problem of not wanting to be in the parking lot of a rental place/parking facility/etc at 4 in the morning, since they are in rather sketchy areas.
The drive itself isn't the problem....I make a trip over the Grapevine at least once a week, sometimes up to 3.

No place to park at a friend's house in LA and Uber from there?
josephstern is online now Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 15, 11:24 pm #8
Cpi-Web Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Quote:

I think you might be overthinking it a little. The major rental car lots are always staffed and brightly lit, especially Budget, Avis, and Hertz, all on Airport Way. I'd say they are some of the safest places in the area.

Park n Ride-wise, check out the hotels in El Segundo, since those will be cheaper than the ones on Century. I personally like the Hyatt Place, since it's a pretty new property.
IceTrojan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 15, 11:23 am #9

Quote:
Wow. I didn't realize that you lived in Bakersfield. Scratch my UberX suggestion!

Anyways, I think LAX Marriott is a good choice for parking for you. I use it myself when take short trips and if you see my post in the Uber from LAX thread, I also use that as my pick up spot when I need an Uber X to take me back to LA where I live.

I also put in some random dates in the parking link and got an $8 self park rate which isn't bad at all. Safe travels whichever option you decide on!
Statman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 15, 4:19 pm #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statman View Post
Wow. I didn't realize that you lived in Bakersfield. Scratch my UberX suggestion!

Anyways, I think LAX Marriott is a good choice for parking for you. I use it myself when take short trips and if you see my post in the Uber from LAX thread, I also use that as my pick up spot when I need an Uber X to take me back to LA where I live.

I also put in some random dates in the parking link and got an $8 self park rate which isn't bad at all. Safe travels whichever option you decide on!
Thanks. I ended up going with a room+park deal, since my 6am flight would mean leaving my home by 2am - not my idea of a good time. Next time I have a trip leaving during more reasonable hours, I'm definitely trying the Marriott parking.
Old Nov 3, 15, 10:21 pm #11

Programs: Starwood Gold, Marriott Plat
I would consider looking at parkrideflyusa.com to make your reservation. You can find pretty cheap rates.

The only thing about the Marriott parking is that the shuttle often takes longer than other shuttles to pick you up from the airport.
hoangb is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 16, 8:25 pm #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-Flyer View Post
I just reserved parking at the LAX Marriott for a trip I am taking in a few weeks.

The regular hotel website says they charge $34 per day for parking, but if you use the "special" airport parking website it's $12 per day for self (outside uncovered) and $14 per day for valet (covered).

The website is a little confusing. You have to create an account -- can't sign in with regular Marriott user name and password. Then it took a few tries to actually make a reservation.

Hopefully it was a good decision. I will report back next month.
I just used this site to make a parking reservation. They gave me a rate of $8 per day. I'm pleased with that.
SuperDudley is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 16, 4:32 pm #13

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, ClubCarlson Silver, IHG PlatAmb
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangb View Post
I would consider looking at parkrideflyusa.com to make your reservation. You can find pretty cheap rates.
I'm a big fan of ParkRideFlyUSA. They have good rates and a program that gives a free day after every 10 days of paid parking. They also frequently have a promotion code on their page that is 10-15% off.

One of my favorites at LAX is Park Air Express. They are next door to the Hilton and have garish green and yellow shuttle vans. I can usually get a valet spot pretty cheap and the shuttles (while not glamorous) run pretty regularly compared to some of the other "less expensive" options. I think it has to do with the fact that they seem to be the shuttle for TSA employees, as I often see them riding on the van.

Service is prompt. My car is always pulled up and ready to go when I get off the shuttle van.
OskiBear is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 16, 4:57 pm #14

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, ClubCarlson Silver, IHG PlatAmb
Quickest Parking to LAX T6

Through a bit of a scheduling issue, I now have a 6:25pm flight on AA departing LAX for OMA, which apparently operates out of T6. I will be leaving the south bay around 5pm - hopefully at LAX area by 5:30pm.

I have Pre-Check.

Currently, my plan is to park at The Parking Spot as they generally always have shuttles waiting - will do valet.

Any thoughts on a better parking option (other than parking in the T6 lot)? I had thought about ParkOne/Park N Fly, but not sure that'll save me much time as I still have to navigate into the terminal area. It's been a few years since I valet parked there - is there always a van waiting?
OskiBear is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 16, 7:29 pm #15

Programs: AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Plat 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
Through a bit of a scheduling issue, I now have a 6:25pm flight on AA departing LAX for OMA, which apparently operates out of T6. I will be leaving the south bay around 5pm - hopefully at LAX area by 5:30pm.

I have Pre-Check.

Currently, my plan is to park at The Parking Spot as they generally always have shuttles waiting - will do valet.

Any thoughts on a better parking option (other than parking in the T6 lot)? I had thought about ParkOne/Park N Fly, but not sure that'll save me much time as I still have to navigate into the terminal area. It's been a few years since I valet parked there - is there always a van waiting?
I frequently fly out of AS/AA from T6 and I generally find its quicker just to walk from Park N Fly. I do pack super light though. Arriving I find the shuttles can take forever and especially in the summer I do not mind the walk. With that being said Parking Spot's shuttle locator app does help now too. YMMV
uscjeff is offline Reply With Quote