Go Back > > >
Old Nov 1, 17, 4:39 pm - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: Champagne in F?
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Wiki Link
LH since 2008

First:
"D" de Devaux Brut oder "Rare" Piper-Heidsieck
Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top
2010 Laurent Perrier Brut, (oder Perrier Jouet Grand Brut)
Louis Roederer Brut Millésimé
2011 : Champagne Louis de Sacy Grand Cru Brut
2010 & 2011: 2000 Champagne Laurent-Perrier Millésimé
2012: "D" de Devaux Brut und Laurent Perrier Brut
2013 occassionally 1999 Cuvee Louise, Champagne Pommery
May 2013 (revamp F service) : Taittinger Grand Cru Brut Prelude
September 2013: 2005 Comtes de Champagne Taittinger or Champagne Alfred Gratien
April 2014: 1995 Blanc des Millenaires Champagne, Charles Heidsieck,
April 2015: 2007 Champagne Taittinger Brut Millésimé, Champagne Taittinger
May 2015: 2007 Vintage Brut, Champagne Louis Roederer
May 2015: 1999 Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery
August 2015: Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Grand Siècle
June 2016: 2007 Taittinger Millésime
July 2016: 2002 Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery
December 2016: Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Grand Siècle
March 2017: 1998 Cuvée des Enchanteleurs, Champagne Henriot, Frankreich
June 2017: 2003 Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery
July 2017: Cuvée Grand Siècle, Champagne Laurent-Perrier, Frankreich
August 2017: Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Brut Rose 2006
September 2017: Alfred Gratien Cuvée Paradis
Novenber 2017: 2007 Taittinger Brut Millésimé

Business:
Jacquart Brut Mosaique
Piper Heidsieck Brut
seit mai 2013 Champagne Duval Leroy Brut
May 2014: Champagne de Castelnau Brut Réserve, Frankreich

LH Group:
Austrian: Duval-Leroy Fleur de Champagne Brut
Brussels: Laurent Perrier Brut
Swiss: Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle (First)

Others:
TG & SQ Dom 99
NH Krug
JL Champagne Salon
Print Wikipost

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 2, 17, 7:29 am #241

Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: M&M, Executive Club, Marriott Rewards etc.
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Its 41-50€ incl VAT in Germany: https://idealo.de/preisvergleich...aittinger.html

As far as complaining goes, I'm pretty certain no one can really differentiate the taste in a pressurized cabin anyway, so the label is important to send a message of luxury to the F pax, nothing else. James Bond used to drink Dom in the books (and I remember Dom or Krug being served in the early Sean Connery films) but now he sips Bollinger since 1979. I'm sure Churchill couldn't taste the finer points of Pol Roger after all the Cigars and Snoop Dog has some of his senses numbed enough to not taste the finesse of Cristal...
So pretty much exactly half of the 100 bucks mentioned by the other user.

I agree with most of your other point. There are, however, champagnes that are clearly distinguishable and some cheaper ones that I like better than some expensive ones.
worldclubber is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 17, 4:41 pm #242

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA (East and West)
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (a true reward), and others...
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Is there any information about Champagne for November in F?

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Ok, so after reading the posts I get the point that LH is serving a Champagne in F that other airlines serve in C. I will still enjoy this beverage if offered (not the one served in September), but would have hoped LH stepped up their game and served Taittinger Comtes in F as a sign that they respect the F customer and are in the same league as their worthy competitors rather than shave the cost in that cabin.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
cyborg is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 17, 5:25 pm #243

Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: M&M, Executive Club, Marriott Rewards etc.
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Ok, so after reading the posts I get the point that LH is serving a Champagne in F that other airlines serve in C. I will still enjoy this beverage if offered (not the one served in September), but would have hoped LH stepped up their game and served Taittinger Comtes in F as a sign that they respect the F customer and are in the same league as their worthy competitors rather than shave the cost in that cabin.
The bubbly may not be as expensive as in the F cabins of other airlines, but the overall F-product (seat, food, drink, ground services...) is actually fairly good.
worldclubber is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 4:12 am #244

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
The massive complaint in #119 is from wordhopper, not me. In the other post I said I liked the Henriot better than the Taittinger, which is true. I consider the Henriot an upgrade from the Taittinger.

Comparisons are difficult: BR serves Krug Rose in Business (HK flights), does that mean LH and SQ should drop 300 Euros a bottle in Business, too, and what would they serve in First then?
Good for BR
I’m certain that LH will continue to serve the cheapest Champagne they can find in their second rate business class, SQ have served the Tatt 2007 that’s a good indication of their desire to maintain standards in their business class.

LH really ought to stop diminishing their otherwise excellent First Class product & load High end Vintage Champagne & when they do, load enough bottles.
chris63 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 10:41 am #245

Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: M&M, Executive Club, Marriott Rewards etc.
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
LH really ought to stop diminishing their otherwise excellent First Class product & load High end Vintage Champagne & when they do, load enough bottles.
As I said before: I fly LH regularly and I do like that they alternate champagnes instead of having the same stuff year in year out. Many of the champagnes they serve are hits, some are misses; that's life.

Some champagne-makers do not produce vintage champagnes, for good reasons, and most people do not seem to have a problem with nv-champagnes such as Krug nv. A decent bubbly is no doubt a welcome feature of First class cabins, but other features are more important to me (and probably many others) than super-expensive vintage champagnes.
worldclubber is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 6:27 pm #246

Join Date: May 2006
Location: LAX/OXR/BUR/SAN/YYZ/YKF/BUF
Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, Kimpton IC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Posts: 5,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
It's about half of that in Europe.

As I said, I like it. Those who only compare prices of champagnes in F will complain.
You mean the regular Tattinger?
N1120A is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 11:57 pm #247

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
As I said before: I fly LH regularly and I do like that they alternate champagnes instead of having the same stuff year in year out. Many of the champagnes they serve are hits, some are misses; that's life.

Some champagne-makers do not produce vintage champagnes, for good reasons, and most people do not seem to have a problem with nv-champagnes such as Krug nv. A decent bubbly is no doubt a welcome feature of First class cabins, but other features are more important to me (and probably many others) than super-expensive vintage champagnes.
Other airlines just load quality & don’t cut the wine budget to the bone like LH & would not compromise with a miss such as Alfred Gratien.

Of course the Champagne is not nearly the most important aspect of flying F, as a customer I have choices & I don’t feel let down by the other airlines I fly in F, as a consequence of the cheap wines in LH F I’m moving more travel to LX, TG & EK, when routing & schedule permits.
chris63 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 2:27 am #248

Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: M&M, Executive Club, Marriott Rewards etc.
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1120A View Post
You mean the regular Tattinger?
No, the one served in F right now.
worldclubber is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 2:31 am #249

Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: M&M, Executive Club, Marriott Rewards etc.
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Other airlines just load quality & don’t cut the wine budget to the bone like LH & would not compromise with a miss such as Alfred Gratien.

Of course the Champagne is not nearly the most important aspect of flying F, as a customer I have choices & I don’t feel let down by the other airlines I fly in F, as a consequence of the cheap wines in LH F I’m moving more travel to LX, TG & EK, when routing & schedule permits.
If you move travel to other airlines because of the bubbly served, it must be really important to you. But as long as it is not a majority of fliers who does that, they probably won't change anythig.

I agree that they should spend more on wines in general and particularly upgrade the reds.
worldclubber is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 10:41 am #250

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 272
[QUOTE=worldclubber;29016711]If you move travel to other airlines because of the bubbly served, it must be really important to you. But as long as it is not a majority of fliers who does that, they probably won't change anythig.

I agree that they should spend more on wines in general and particularly upgrade the reds.[/QUOTEi

I can move to LX on the same routes & very similar schedule & guarantee they don’t disappoint on the wine front & thats just LH Group !
First Class should be just that & LH is cost cutting on Wines
chris63 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 4:43 pm #251

Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: M&M, Executive Club, Marriott Rewards etc.
Posts: 524
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
I can move to LX on the same routes & very similar schedule & guarantee they don’t disappoint on the wine front & thats just LH Group !
First Class should be just that & LH is cost cutting on Wines
Well, if one does not like LPGS, LX is not the best choice.
worldclubber is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 17, 12:16 am #252

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Well, if one does not like LPGS, LX is not the best choice.
I do like LPGS & it’s high end premium wine, so LX is where all my LH group flights are the next 3 Months
chris63 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 17, 2:46 am #253

Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: M&M, Executive Club, Marriott Rewards etc.
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
I do like LPGS & it’s high end premium wine, so LX is where all my LH group flights are the next 3 Months
Well, on both LH and LX most of the wines are in the 10-30 Euro range, there does not seem to be a huge difference, with the exception of the odd "Tignanello".

By a strange coincidence, half of my F-flights until next summer will also be on LX, which is, however, more related to availability and connections from my home airport than the wine served on board.
worldclubber is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 2:13 am #254

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Zurich
Programs: LH SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Posts: 2,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage03 View Post
Having just left TPR for my flight to Sydney, no matter what champagne they were serving there I'd take an LH FCL over TPR any day of the week..!

The 2004 KRUG has been a very nice touch on board though ;-)
And in the "normal" SKF (SQ F Lounge) they served the basic Charles Heidsieck Brut In both T2 and T3. They run out of the more expensive ones I've been told. Very disappointing as this is the same champagne SQ serves on regional J flights.

Last edited by f4freeJunior; Nov 7, 17 at 7:03 am
f4freeJunior is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:43 pm #255

Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: LH SENATOR
Posts: 671
LH's F product both hard and soft product is by far inferior to LX, to be fair until a few years ago I would have said the opposite. The only thing still better maybe is the ground product in MUC and FRA with the limousine service and their lounges but that's it.

I hope SWISS will never change the champagne in F since the LPGS is a excellent product and also not one found at every corner compared to even some of the more expensive champagnes served by EK etc
LXA350 is offline Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
- FlyerTalk - Archive - Top