Go Back > > >
Old Nov 3, 17, 12:16 pm #766

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1K
Marriott Osaka offered 4pm at checkin
JONEZY00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 2:14 pm #767

Programs: WN F9 UA AA IHG HH MR
JW MOA Bloomington MN. Used mobile check in indicating late check out. Reminded FD at check in. Apparently they did nothing.

Housekeeper barged in room (tap tap tap open) at 11am on last day. Then found out keys weren't coded for late check out.
Tanic is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 2:16 pm #768
ryw

Programs: Marriott Gold, WN A & CP, B6 Mosaic
My recent experiences:
Boston Marriott Copley Place - offered 4pm upon checkin (didn't need it though)
Hotel Chicago (autograph) - forgot to ask during checkin. I called the front desk morning of checkout asking for 3pm and they said yes. Went out in the morning, got back to the room around 1pm and everything was fine. Left around 2:30pm
ryw is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 7:51 pm #769
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
I haven't been with Marriott all that long, but am amazed at how often I get the Your Room is Ready notice long before 3:00.
Are you doing mobile check in? Marriott's system recognizes MCI & once your room is ready (even if before the time you indicated on MCI) & they code the keys so they're ready for when you show up, the coding of the keys sends a message that your room is ready.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 8:03 pm #770
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
JW Phu Quoc asked at checkin if I needed late checkout - opted for 1PM due to flight schedule

Renaissance Saigon asked at checkin if I needed late checkout - opted for 2PM due to flight schedule
Srisarin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 8:45 pm #771
Cpi-Web Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeSPG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS - Gold; B6 - Mosaic; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire; SPG - Platinum; Marriott - Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Are you doing mobile check in? Marriott's system recognizes MCI & once your room is ready (even if before the time you indicated on MCI) & they code the keys so they're ready for when you show up, the coding of the keys sends a message that your room is ready.

Cheers.
Yes, mobile check-in. I posted that as so many people say that they have trouble having their rooms ready at check in common when I'm often told my room is ready so far in advance.
Points Scrounger is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 9:04 pm #772
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
That’s great but isn’t this thread titled LATE checkouts ?

Perhaps you might want to start a thread, if one already hasn’t been started, on early check ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
I haven't been with Marriott all that long, but am amazed at how often I get the Your Room is Ready notice long before 3:00. I've had Marriott folks recognize me at Bellevue and Redmond. Latter was a bit startling.
Srisarin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 9:13 pm #773

Programs: UA Plat, CX Diam 1.0MM, DL Nada 1.5MM, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC, TR Diam
Courtyard Seoul Times Square: Proactively offered late check-out. When I said 4 pm, the check-in agent agreed to it without any other questions or difficulty
mjcewl1284 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 2:01 pm #774

Courtyard Downtown Newark: Requested late check-out on app and at front desk. Received it with no problem. Checked out at 4:00 PM on the dot. Left luggage at front desk and picked it up in time for a 01:20 flight out of JFK. Could not have worked out better for me. The only issue was that the maid was not notified of exactly which rooms got the late check-out. She knocked a couple of times but apologized profusely.
Dalewood is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 11:19 am #775

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, IHG Gold
Recent Experiences:

Renaissance Pere Marquette New Orleans -- Requested and received 4pm
JW Marriott Marquis Miami -- Requested and received 4pm (July 2017 -- not in season)
Courtyard Raleigh North Triangle Town Center -- Over the past year I have requested and received 2pm and 4pm late checkouts without issue
Marriott Greenville SC -- Requested and received 2pm -- probably could have obtained a later checkout than that.
wm47 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 12:44 pm #776
Cpi-Web Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeSPG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS - Gold; B6 - Mosaic; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire; SPG - Platinum; Marriott - Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srisarin View Post
Thatís great but isnít this thread titled LATE checkouts ?

Perhaps you might want to start a thread, if one already hasnít been started, on early check ins
That was related to the original concern that rooms were unavailable because of a liberal late checkout policy. Apologies if you feel I have hijacked this thread.

Two days ago I used mobile checkin for an AC Bellevue, WA stay, where no actual clock time was possible, just "late checkout requested." I had forgotten to deal with it at checkin, so called down to the desk:

"Hi, When I checked in I forgot to discuss an exact check out time as I had noted I wanted a late checkout via mobile app."

"Sure, what time would you like?"

"3:00?"

"Done!"

As a longtime Hilton elite, I'm still blown away not having to fight for 2:00 (even that's not always granted).
Points Scrounger is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 10:43 pm #777

Stayed at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco right before the Dreamforce event Nov 3-5 2017.

Originally asked for late checkout but only got 1pm. Come Sunday I ask again and they only gave me 2pm.

My friend got until 3pm because he made a fuss about it when they offered him 2pm.

Im surprised they even gave us that since the hotel was packed Sunday for all the Dreamforce event starting on Monday.
jdang is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:09 am #778

Programs: UA Plat, CX Diam 1.0MM, DL Nada 1.5MM, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC, TR Diam
Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun- Proactively offered late check-out at executive lounge. When I asked 4:00 pm for both my room and my mother in-law's room. Very proactive customer service at this property
mjcewl1284 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 8:56 am #779
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Refugeeist
New York Edition and Essex House - proactively offered late checkout at both. Took 2 pm, as that's all we needed.
Kacee is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 12:45 am #780

Los Angeles Airport Marriott -
Granted 4pm checkout and lounge till 6pm as my flight was 9pm. Great lounge too.
PayItForward is offline Reply With Quote