Go Back > > >
Old Nov 1, 17, 10:06 am #511

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (former PP), Hyatt & Hilton Diamond, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I stayed at this hotel several years ago when there was no amenity fee. Back then, the concierge lounge had more hot food and smoked salmon for breakfast. The hotel seemed above average to me for service, but I would balk at paying the amenity fee since I don’t drink coffee or cocktails. I doubt they will let me take a bottle of decent wine in lieu of the two coffee drinks and two cocktails.
VA1379 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 17, 7:08 am #512
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA Plat, SPG lifetime Gold, IHG Spire/Ambassador, Hyatt & Diamond, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA1379 View Post
I doubt they will let me take a bottle of decent wine in lieu of the two coffee drinks and two cocktails.
your post reminded me, they did say something about a bottle of wine when I checked in (you can have this or a bottle of wine) but I never get the bottle of wine so dismissed. Give it a shot if you stay
Sweet Willie is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 17, 7:43 am #513
NDN

Programs: Ritz-Carlton/Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie View Post
your post reminded me, they did say something about a bottle of wine when I checked in (you can have this or a bottle of wine) but I never get the bottle of wine so dismissed. Give it a shot if you stay
For somebody like me who doesn't drink alcohol, this is useless.
NDN is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 17, 7:57 am #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDN View Post
For somebody like me who doesn't drink alcohol, this is useless.
Agree.
I had them put in my profile that we don’t drink. Unfortunately not always read. Those complimentary bottles of wine that sometimes get sent go to waste on us as I’m not packing in my bags to take home.
Much prefer a fruit plate or something along those lines.
YoungBubbie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 1:54 am #515
Cpi-Web Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Was upgraded to a suite last weekend. Booked before the irritating destination fee was invoked, and was pleasantly surprised this was not mentioned at all during my stay, and was absent from my folio without any intervention on my end. Sad to see this fee however and will make future stays more difficult to justify.
beckoa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 4:47 am #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Was upgraded to a suite last weekend. Booked before the irritating destination fee was invoked, and was pleasantly surprised this was not mentioned at all during my stay, and was absent from my folio without any intervention on my end. Sad to see this fee however and will make future stays more difficult to justify.
Thanks for thát info.
Was wondering if I was going to have to put up a fight next week when I go. Glad to see it went smoothly for you.
YoungBubbie is offline Reply With Quote