Go Back Cpi-Web Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page > Does expensive Marriott brands offer good monthly rate?

Does expensive Marriott brands offer good monthly rate?

Old Mar 6, 07, 2:29 am

Does expensive Marriott brands offer good monthly rate?

I have a friends that have to stay one month at the hotel for business. I check at the marriott.com and it's $199 nightly, do you think the in-house reservation could offer a special discount rate or they have to go by marriott published rate?
Old Mar 6, 07, 3:23 am
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by flameryngster View Post
I have a friends that have to stay one month at the hotel for business. I check at the marriott.com and it's $199 nightly, do you think the in-house reservation could offer a special discount rate or they have to go by marriott published rate?
You will need to speak with a member of the hotels sales team
Old Mar 6, 07, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum, AAdvantage: Gold
It will be up to the specific hotel, but when I have been on long term assignments, we were able to negotiate a nightly 'long term' rate for a few rooms directly with the sales team that was a significant discount on the regular daily rate that my firm had already negotiated, so it's definitely worth a try. The discount was enough to just keep the same room for 6 straight months and not check out on weekends which made life MUCH easier! Good luck.
Old Mar 6, 07, 8:25 pm

Thanks for the info. I just like the convenient of full service hotel
The bed are much more comfortable too

Originally Posted by NYC girl View Post
It will be up to the specific hotel, but when I have been on long term assignments, we were able to negotiate a nightly 'long term' rate for a few rooms directly with the sales team that was a significant discount on the regular daily rate that my firm had already negotiated, so it's definitely worth a try. The discount was enough to just keep the same room for 6 straight months and not check out on weekends which made life MUCH easier! Good luck.
Old Mar 6, 07, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Marriott's two extended-stay brands are Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites. These hotels automatically adjust their prices based on your length of stay, so the longer you stay at the hotel, the lower your nightly rate would be.

Some full-service hotels offer long-term stay rates that can be found by using "LTS" in the "Corporate/Promotional" box. Read the rate rules carefully for minimum stay requirements (like must stay at least 14 nights, 25 nights, etc).
Old Mar 7, 07, 12:27 am

Try the code "LTS" for a reservation of 30 days or more. Let me know how it goes.
Old Mar 21, 07, 6:20 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Gold, AA Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by inside_edition View Post
Marriott's two extended-stay brands are Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites. These hotels automatically adjust their prices based on your length of stay, so the longer you stay at the hotel, the lower your nightly rate would be.
So do Marriott Executive Apartments which are located in the following cities:

Brussels
Sao Paulo
Beijing
Shanghai
Shanghai Pudong
Prague
Budapest
Mumbai
Jakarta
Tokyo
Seoul
Bangkok
Dubai
London

FYI: These properties are part of the Marriott Hotels & Resorts brand if you are trying to find them on Marriott's web site.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Mar 21, 07 at 6:32 am
Old Mar 22, 07, 12:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum (7yrs); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
The sales mgr is the way to go. I did this when I stayed 4-5 months straight so they reduced the daily rate and put me in a suite. I settled my bill monthly.

Search this Thread