Go Back > > >
Old Oct 24, 17, 7:21 pm - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: CUN / Cancun International Airport master thread - what you need to know
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
CUN / Cancún International Airport master thread - what you need to know

Bienvenido to the Cancún International Airport / CUN master thread. Please feel free to add observations and suggestions, naturalmente. And you can also PM the original poster as a way to call attention to something in the original post that needs modification or change. ¡Gracias!

Link to ASUR official Cancún International website in English (mostly useless, lists arriving and departing flights)

Link to fake Cancún International Airport website (useless and grossly outdated)

See post #1 in this thread for more extensive information.

Terminals "Terminal 1 is used by some low-cost and charter domestic airlines; Terminal 2 is used by all of the scheduled domestic airlines and some international flights; and the new Terminal 3 handles primarily international operations of airlines from North America and Europe." (Wikipedia)

Terminal 4 is expected to open in 2017.

Terminal 1: Charter flights, and Magnicharters, TAR and VivaAerobus.

Terminal 2: Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeroméxico, Aerotucán, Air Transat, Avianca group, Copa, Cubana, Finnair, Interjet, LatAm, Southwest, Tui group, Volaris,

Terminal 3: air berlin, Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge, Air Europa, Air France, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta, Frontier, Interjet, JetBlue, LOT, Lufthansa, Spirit, Sun Country, United, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, WestJet.

Some may be seasonal, see others at Wikipedia (link)

Transport:

Most recommend arranging transport in advance; see the thread in limos, taxis, transfers here. The airport authorized taxis are charitably described by some as a "taxi mafia", and unless you know how to deal with this ilk avoid them.

N.B. Members are reporting lengthy delays checking in (high demand times suggest 2.5-3.0 hours prior to departure) and delays on arrival for immigration and customs, particularly during high traffic times / high season. This can vary according to demand - spring break, Christmas plan for long lines.

Print Wikipost

Old Oct 23, 17, 12:38 pm #151

First Class on United--separate security line at CUN?

I was wondering if there is a separate priority security line for those flying first/business on United in Cancun (for return)? I've heard the lines can be awful and with us traveling over xmas, I am considering going first class, but I didn't see Cancun on United's Priority Access locations.
Thanks!
evanston45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 17, 1:32 pm #152

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Wiki says, "N.B. Members are reporting lengthy delays checking in (high demand times suggest 2.5-3.0 hours prior to departure) and delays on arrival for immigration and customs, particularly during high traffic times / high season."

Is this still the case? 2.5-3 hours for international flight on departure?
100% Green is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 17, 4:17 pm #153
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott & SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% Green View Post
Wiki says, "N.B. Members are reporting lengthy delays checking in (high demand times suggest 2.5-3.0 hours prior to departure) and delays on arrival for immigration and customs, particularly during high traffic times / high season."

Is this still the case? 2.5-3 hours for international flight on departure?
Depends on date/time/season/airline/class of service - many variables.

If you have no checked baggage and can print boarding pass at home, then 1.5 hours should be sufficient.
Boraxo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 17, 9:19 pm #154
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / 5.5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanston45 View Post
I was wondering if there is a separate priority security line for those flying first/business on United in Cancun (for return)? I've heard the lines can be awful and with us traveling over xmas, I am considering going first class, but I didn't see Cancun on United's Priority Access locations.
Thanks!
I've never seen that, but I recommend inquiring on arrival.
JDiver is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 17, 7:37 am #155

Programs: AA Gold, Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
There are no priority lanes for security for first class passengers at CUN. We use the airline's priority lane for checking our bags and always check-in for our flight online as soon as it's possible. We get to the airport three hours early, and even during spring break have had plenty of time to get to our flight.
luxtrvlwrks is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 17, 1:59 pm #156
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott & SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat
Ditto - never seen priority SECURITY lanes at CUN. However the lines usually move fast. The larger variable is the airline checkin line to check luggage and get boarding passes. Most airlines (including UA) have dedicated F lines but during peak periods that simply means waiting 30-60m instead of a longer wait. The wait time is the thing I hate most about visiting CUN.
Boraxo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 5:35 am #157

Any details about the new Terminal 4? I'm assuming Southwest is in there due to the A2/A6 gates being used by them yesterday in flight status. Anyone know if there is a VIP lounge in the terminal that will be joining PP soon?
lowfareair is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 12:35 pm #158

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
can't see a way to delete messages.... just going to blank this out.

Last edited by phedre; Nov 6, 17 at 1:01 pm Reason: posted in wrong spot
phedre is offline Reply With Quote