Go Back > > >
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:34 am #1
Original Poster

IAD TK lounge

I have an upcoming flight on United out of Dulles that is leaving out of Terminal C. I want to check out the new Turkish lounge in IAD that is out of Terminal B. How long do you think I should allow for the trip from Terminal B back to Terminal C. Thanks in advance.
gary6177 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:47 am #2
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, AS MVPG75, AA EXP, BA Gold, QR Silver, Fairmont Plat, MR/SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, HH Gold
Depending how far away from the train your C gate is. 15 minutes?
rankourabu is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:51 am #3

Programs: A3*G
If you are getting in as *G, I'd recommend the LH lounge - less crowded and similar food. The LH lounge also lets you catch the train on the far side of the terminal and go staight through to C.
Palal is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 10:21 am #4
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Welcome to FlyerTalk, gary6177.

Cpi-Web is divided into subfora that discuss various destinations, hotel programs, airlines, credit cards, etc.

So let's move your thread over to the Mid-Atlantic forum for further discussion of the IAD airport.

Thanks! /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
JY1024 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 7:47 am #5
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary6177 View Post
I have an upcoming flight on United out of Dulles that is leaving out of Terminal C. I want to check out the new Turkish lounge in IAD that is out of Terminal B. How long do you think I should allow for the trip from Terminal B back to Terminal C. Thanks in advance.
If you are planning to use it as a Priority Pass customer, note that this lounge has some history of claiming capacity constraints to deny access even when the lounge had plenty of open seats still left in the early/mid afternoon.
GUWonder is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 8:12 am #6
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - What will be the basis for your entry into the lounge? International F/J, status, some other program?

Depending on your departure gate which you won't know until departure date, and even then it might change, allow somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes from the TK lounge to your gate.
Often1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 8:42 am #7
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
OP - What will be the basis for your entry into the lounge? International F/J, status, some other program?

Depending on your departure gate which you won't know until departure date, and even then it might change, allow somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes from the TK lounge to your gate.

Thanks to all for your replies and help. I will be entering the lounge via Priority Pass.
gary6177 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 2:54 pm #8
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; IHG Plat, Marriott Gold; OMNIPat;
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
If you are planning to use it as a Priority Pass customer, note that this lounge has some history of claiming capacity constraints to deny access even when the lounge had plenty of open seats still left in the early/mid afternoon.
I've used it a couple of times with my PP and not been turned away, even when the lounge was slammed to the point that I couldn't find a seat. IIRC that was around 3:30 or 4 pm, and within a half hour, the crowd inside had eased significantly.

I agree with the 15-20 minute estimate to get to your C gate.

Last edited by swag; Nov 8, 17 at 3:05 pm
swag is offline Reply With Quote