Go Back > > >
Old Nov 6, 17, 7:57 pm #1
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC
New MCI Terminal vote (7 Nov 2017)

What opinions of United flyers that use this airport?

Personally I like current setup United has. I can walk from my car in garage through security and to gate in 10 to 15 minutes. I have timed it and done it as quick as 6 minutes.

I understand the Issues Southwest has with connecting flights very few amenities post security. But rest of airlines it's mostly hub destinations.
bhunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 8:13 pm #2

Programs: Mileage Plus GS 2MM
IMHO, an incredible waste of $ to fix something that is not broken. I would wager 90+% passengers are O or D vs. connecting. A joy to get through the "process" in minutes. If the KC transportation people want to fix something, use the $ for a legit rapid transit/ light rail system.
bluedemon211 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 10:05 pm #3
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedemon211 View Post
IMHO, an incredible waste of $ to fix something that is not broken. I would wager 90+% passengers are O or D vs. connecting. A joy to get through the "process" in minutes. If the KC transportation people want to fix something, use the $ for a legit rapid transit/ light rail system.
Rapid transit would kill their profits. Parking a cash cow for city. They said of the airports $127m in revenue $54m was parking fees
Old Nov 6, 17, 11:29 pm #4
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, G.E./NEXUS, Amex, UA 1K/RCC, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
MCI is my home airport and if I had a vote, I would absolutely vote yes for a new terminal. This will NOT be funded with tax dollars; rather PFCs, so non users of the airport don’t pay. Simple as that.

The biggest downside to this whole deal is that only a very small amount of people get to vote. That would be the citizens of KCMO and they make up an incredibly small amount of the total users of MCI. Those of us who live in Kansas or people outside KCMO, such as Independence, Lee’s Summit, etc., have absolutely no vote and we make us the majority of users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedemon211 View Post
Something that is not broken. LOL. That is too funny. Have you seen our airport? It’s crumbling and not designed for the amount of pax and the security configuration of today. Imagine being in the tiny AA hold area when you’ve got two 738s and an Airbus or two trying to board at th same time. Barely enough seats for one flight, let alone four. And like I said above, it’s not really a waste of money when the money is either spent on airport or nothing at all. Tax dollars are NOT funding a new single terminal, so your suggestion of fixing transit doesn’t apply.
FriendlySkies is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:49 am #5
Moderator: United Airlines; Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
As this is a generic MCI discussion, will move to the MidWest forum where the discussion can continue.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
WineCountryUA is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 6:35 am #6

Being from Saint Joseph and working in KC... I am torn... I like the quickness of getting thru security.. I think they should completely re-do all the terminals instead of doing a new single one.. I would have given Southwest there own terminal as well. To me, redo terminal one for Southwest. Do it in such a way that there is a single entry into the terminal. Then have like DFW with a tram thing that links the terminals with you already past security.
jep8821 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 11:38 am #7
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, G.E./NEXUS, Amex, UA 1K/RCC, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jep8821 View Post
Being from Saint Joseph and working in KC... I am torn... I like the quickness of getting thru security.. I think they should completely re-do all the terminals instead of doing a new single one.. I would have given Southwest there own terminal as well. To me, redo terminal one for Southwest. Do it in such a way that there is a single entry into the terminal. Then have like DFW with a tram thing that links the terminals with you already past security.
That was discussed at one of the many public meetings and the cost to add a train would be exponential. Even if WN got their own terminal, wed have to go back to using all three, as terminal C has no space for AS, let alone DLs operations.
Old Nov 7, 17, 7:43 pm #8

Programs: DL FO
For those who want to follow the outcome of the vote for the airport ballot question, go to kmbc.com and click on the link.
psa727 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:24 pm #9
Original Poster

looks like it's going to pass.
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:39 pm #10

Programs: DL FO
According to the 9 pm news here in KC, the vote passed for a new MCI.
psa727 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 11:10 pm #11
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Hallelujah - this was so amazing to follow. Can't wait for the new terminal!