Go Back > > >
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 10, 16, 12:24 am #1
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; Cpi-Web Evangelist
Original Poster

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City/Honolulu
Programs: UA 2MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,080
AA/One World: 2016-2017 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:


For each response. Please quote the original request.
Pat89339 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 16, 10:40 pm #2

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA, USA
Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold
Posts: 121
Hi all! Wondering if anyone can find anything better than what I've got for a quick run. Bonus points if it flies into or out of SMF.

Departure Airport: SMF, OAK, SFO, SJC, RNO - in that order of preference
Miles Needed: 4,192 - this is for a challenge, EQM is the goal.
Required Spend or Budget: No required, looking for lowest cost
Available Travel Dates: 9/12-10/8, 10/12-10/21, 10/24-10/26, 11/15-11/19
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA or American Eagle only

So far here's the best I've found, though there's a very tight layover (28 minutes) in ORD so I'm not sure if it's reasonable:

10/18 - 4,524 miles, $223
SFO 12:50a > DFW 6:10a 7:30a > ORD 9:54a - 2262 mi, $111
ORD 10:22a > DFW 12:45a, 2:55p > SFO 4:42p - 2262mi, $112

EDIT: I do have Priority Pass, Admirals Club, and United lounge access so I don't mind hanging out at an airport for a few hours at all, especially if it means the itinerary avoids needing a hotel.
Zeromus-X is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 16, 9:59 am #3

Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1
Hello,

Currently doing the AA platnium challenge. I need about 8500 more EQM's to qualify for platinum by Nov 22. Ideally a single day mileage run or overnight would work best.

Departure Airport:PHL,EWR
Miles Needed:8500 EQM
Required Spend or Budget:Cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates:Weekends preferred, but a overnight or same day would be fine.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:AA

Thanks
daisaw1219 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 16, 11:49 am #4

Join Date: Mar 2009
Programs: HH Gold
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisaw1219 View Post
Departure Airport:PHL,EWR
Miles Needed:8500 EQM
EWR-CLT-LAX-CLT-EWR day trip 10/22 is $285, 5296 miles. Same or similar available 10/29, 11/5, 11/12.
jbeckett is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 16, 4:57 pm #5

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Outwood, England
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 7
Post Any London/Europe Airport for Miles/Points run

Hi guys,

Will be very much appreciated if anyone has any suggestions for this routing. I, doing research as well, will update everyone if I find anything, otherwise - post away!

Departure Airport: Any London/European (pref London)
Miles Needed: Any (Max as possible)
Required Spend or Budget: Upto 200 (as cheap as possible really)
Available Travel Dates: Any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: OneWorld Preferred

Thanks in advance!
NatH is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 16, 9:11 pm #6

Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Hi guys,

I'm currently doing the AA platinum challenge, and I need 8000 more EQM's to qualify by Oct 10. A single-day mileage run or overnight would be preferable. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on a routing!

Departure Airport: AGS, ATL, CAE, or CHS
Miles Needed: 8000 EQM
Required Spend or Budget: Cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Any - Weekends preferred, but a overnight or same day would also work
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA

Thanks!
cha91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 16, 11:48 pm #7

Join Date: May 2009
Location: SEA
Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatH View Post
Hi guys,

Will be very much appreciated if anyone has any suggestions for this routing. I, doing research as well, will update everyone if I find anything, otherwise - post away!

Departure Airport: Any London/European (pref London)
Miles Needed: Any (Max as possible)
Required Spend or Budget: Upto 200 (as cheap as possible really)
Available Travel Dates: Any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: OneWorld Preferred

Thanks in advance!
You're going to be best served using http://google.com/flights. Your requirements are really price limited and at the same time really broad.
mikelat is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 16, 11:51 pm #8

Join Date: May 2009
Location: SEA
Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha91 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm currently doing the AA platinum challenge, and I need 8000 more EQM's to qualify by Oct 10. A single-day mileage run or overnight would be preferable. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on a routing!

Departure Airport: AGS, ATL, CAE, or CHS
Miles Needed: 8000 EQM
Required Spend or Budget: Cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Any - Weekends preferred, but a overnight or same day would also work
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA

Thanks!
This can get 5646 of them for $290
https://google.com/flights/#sear...-01;a=ONEWORLD

With such flexible travel dates it would be worth your time to play with option in google flights.
mikelat is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 16, 12:51 am #9

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 116
Departure Airport: BOS, NYC, WAS, YYZ... anywhere close to the northeast if you squint.

Miles Needed: 8000 - 13000 EQM
Required Spend or Budget: Under $700
Available Travel Dates: 10/7-10/11 plus any weekends
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA marketed, any metal


I was looking at some good YYZ - CDG routings that showed up on ITA / Google but would not book on the AA site which got me close to my goal.
redct is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 16, 1:20 am #10

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CVG
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by redct View Post
Departure Airport: BOS, NYC, WAS, YYZ... anywhere close to the northeast if you squint.

Miles Needed: 8000 - 13000 EQM
Required Spend or Budget: Under $700
Available Travel Dates: 10/7-10/11 plus any weekends
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA marketed, any metal


I was looking at some good YYZ - CDG routings that showed up on ITA / Google but would not book on the AA site which got me close to my goal.
I think you've found the best. YYZ>ORD>CDG>ORD>YYZ, out 10/8, 3 hour turn at CDG and back 10/9 goes books with AA for $604 CAD/$458 USD and 9,306 EQM at 4.92 cpm. Can stay a day or two in CDG if desired.

https://goo.gl/flights/PwOc

[edit] That's with 500 mile min, if you have no status the total is 9,176 EQM.
AdamNP is online now Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 16, 3:21 am #11

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Outwood, England
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 7
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelat View Post
You're going to be best served using http://google.com/flights. Your requirements are really price limited and at the same time really broad.

Thanks for the advice!
NatH is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 16, 6:14 am #12

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Outwood, England
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 7
Talking OneWorld Points Run From Europe

Any suggestions for a points run? I'm open to most routes - aim is just to rack up points, preferably long haul but I will be looking at a few short haul runs over an intense period.

Departure Airport: LGW/LHR (can fly from Europe)
Miles Needed: No Min
Required Spend or Budget: Upto 250 - 300max
Available Travel Dates: Anytime
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:Oneworld (BA pref)


Will update if I find anything.

Cheers!
NatH is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 16, 8:09 am #13

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ELP
Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, RC GOLD
Posts: 3,746
2500 EQM's needed to make EXP

Short 2500 EQM to make EXP, so I need some help configuring an MR

Based in ELP, so that makes finding cheap flights almost next to impossible. I was thinking of doing ELP-DFW-AUS-DFW-ELP once but I don't know if the DFW-AUS will give the min 500 EQM for that's segment.

Thanks for the help.
anaggie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 16, 10:01 am #14

Join Date: Aug 2015
Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Posts: 130
You can easily go to seattle / nyc / miami for under $350
ss2000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 16, 12:18 pm #15
Moderator, Trip Reports

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 6km East of EPAYE
Programs: UA Gold, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,378
Not many good solutions here. 2X ELP-LAX-ELP at $190 each will cost more than one NYC, BOS, or WAS run so you may as well pick a place you may want to stay a day and go visit a friend or some family.

Good luck.
Madone59 is offline Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
- FlyerTalk - Archive - Top