Go Back > >
Old Nov 6, 17, 1:26 am #1726

I've read some tweets that others have complained about no points being posted, the reply from them was you needed to have the correct hashtag and 15 or fifteen in your tweet which mine all did?

Last edited by Tilly71; Nov 6, 17 at 1:42 am
Tilly71 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 2:07 am #1727

Programs: Jetprivilege, Aeroplan, Marriott, Starwood, IHG
I am also in the same situation. replied 3 mins after 1 PM but no points yet. Considering Marriott Rewards Twitter team's earlier response, hopefully we can get the points if we complain after 24hrs time.
NoviceFT is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 2:55 am #1728

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Marriott's Twitter promo has had problems before, but everyone got their points, so I doubt anyone has anything to worry about this time around.
goldencondor is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 3:32 am #1729

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldencondor View Post
Marriott's Twitter promo has had problems before, but everyone got their points, so I doubt anyone has anything to worry about this time around.
Actually, I never received points for 2 out of the 5 Sundays that I participated. I was too lazy to do anything about it.
Maayan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 5:35 am #1730

By reading the latest comments on twitter it appears a lot of people did not get their points last night from the promo. It looks like they didn't turn on the point awarding system straight away as others on here did get their points a little later on.
Old Nov 6, 17, 6:03 am #1731

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maayan View Post
Actually, I never received points for 2 out of the 5 Sundays that I participated. I was too lazy to do anything about it.
I stand corrected then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly71 View Post
By reading the latest comments on twitter it appears a lot of people did not get their points last night from the promo. It looks like they didn't turn on the point awarding system straight away as others on here did get their points a little later on.
You'd think they'd be on the ball after the last time it happened.
goldencondor is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 10:46 am #1732

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly71 View Post
This sounds right. I tweeted around 8pm UK and got the points. This is my normal tweeting time and the points are usually there on the Monday morning, never in the couple of hours between tweet time and bedtime.
ankomonkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 2:02 pm #1733

24 x hours have past since I tweeted and still no points have posted, so I DM them for a response and received this reply back.
Marriott Rewards sent you a Direct Message."Hello, Please ensure your Twitter account is properly linked with your Marriott Rewards account. Visit: https://t.co/32EO1l8LDf to confirm. Thank you, Nick "
DOH! Why not check my tweet history before wasting everyone's time?

Last edited by Tilly71; Nov 6, 17 at 2:07 pm
Old Nov 7, 17, 5:37 am #1734

I also DM'd them last night, and though I didn't get a reply, my points were posted by this morning.
Harry Lyme is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:44 pm #1735

Still no points posted here, reps not replying back now! 😠
Old Nov 7, 17, 1:48 pm #1736
formerly chrisbarnett01

As an FYI, they are running this promo in spanish as well.

Next sunday I am tweeting both the english and the spanish hashtag, hoping for double points.

https://twitter.com/MarRewardsLat/status/927234081724796928
ankomonkey likes this.
Hairbus380 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 2:13 pm #1737

Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairbus380 View Post
As an FYI, they are running this promo in spanish as well.

Next sunday I am tweeting both the english and the spanish hashtag, hoping for double points.

https://twitter.com/MarRewardsLat/status/927234081724796928
That is definitely worth a try. Any chance of them doing it in German & French too?
The_Bouncer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 4:04 am #1738

Programs: Jetprivilege, Aeroplan, Marriott, Starwood, IHG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoviceFT View Post
I am also in the same situation. replied 3 mins after 1 PM but no points yet. Considering Marriott Rewards Twitter team's earlier response, hopefully we can get the points if we complain after 24hrs time.
Promptly they have credited the 1000 points after i have sent a private message. Thanks Marriott.
NoviceFT is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 6:48 am #1739

Programs: None - previously UA
If you search #rewardpoints there are a bunch of people who tweeted that instead of #rewardspoints
escapefromphl is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 8:04 am #1740

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoviceFT View Post
Promptly they have credited the 1000 points after i have sent a private message. Thanks Marriott.
Cool! While I'm grateful for points and this promotion, the guy who finally replied to me was either being snarky due to a ton of these DMs or issued a stock reply. He told me my points were already posted and that I need to wait 24 hours before contacting them. Well, I messaged 29 hours later, my points posted on the 7th around 35 hours later, and he messaged me close to 36 hours later. I didn't reply, as I didn't want to be "that guy", but I believe he could see the timeline if he chose to. Either way, I got them and this awesome promo rolls on.
Harry Lyme is offline Reply With Quote