Go Back > > >
Old Today, 7:53 am #1
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Amx Biz Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Suggesstions for late nite NY-DC please

This isn't until Feb but I'll be arriving in JFK at 8:30PM (KE #85 ) and I"m a US citizen. I want to get ground transpo from NY to DC area after that. Last flights from JFK-WAS are around 8:30PM/9:00PM so I know I won't make any of those. I'll have one rollerboard and that's it and no Global Entry but I will be in Biz Class if that matter for clearing Customs (I don't think it does, tho). I think by the time I clear Customs and then get into Manhattan (via NY Airporter) I can get something around 11:30PM or so. So it looks like my options back to DC then are MegaBus around 0110 or Amtrak around 0325. Am I overlooking anything? Any useful advice would be great and much appreciated. Thanks.
soxfanndc is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 9:50 am #2
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Oof, that's tough. I would think there should be more bus options between 11pm and 1am, maybe you have to hunt around more? Bolt Bus, Greyhound, the chinatown services (use at your own risk)?

I don't know your timing constraints, but you could also just overnight in NYC and jump on the first flight in the morning, you can stay near LGA and there should be a 6am shuttle.
ijgordon is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55 pm #3

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Oof, that's tough. I would think there should be more bus options between 11pm and 1am, maybe you have to hunt around more? Bolt Bus, Greyhound, the chinatown services (use at your own risk)?

I don't know your timing constraints, but you could also just overnight in NYC and jump on the first flight in the morning, you can stay near LGA and there should be a 6am shuttle.
The 6AM shuttle would be my choice here. You'll be in downtown DC by 8AM.
cestmoi123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 5:39 pm #4

Programs: CO Plat
What day of the week is this? Looks like Jetblue has ~9:55pm departure JFK-IAD every day but Sat. during Feb. Tight but you might make it.
rt1flea is online now Reply With Quote