Go Back > > >
Old Nov 4, 17, 6:37 pm - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: Seattle Dining
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
Seattle Dining
related thread: /forum/paci...ns-thread.html

Eye of the Needle Space Needle restaurant, 1962
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 25, 17, 1:11 pm #271

Programs: Delta Silver (2017)
Thanks! Elliott's & Taylor on My Map already - adding the others :-)
Hoyaheel is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 17, 4:45 pm #272
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG/IC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel View Post
Thanks! Staying at Fairmont Olympic, no car. Focus on seafood. I love raw, my husband not so much. He would eat chowder at every meal if he could.....As to cuisine, we will eat anything. I don't like too spicy (again, husband does ;-) Vietnamese & Thai are personal favorites for me.

Budget is variable. I don't want to spend $100 per person at every meal - but could certainly do a "more expensive" ($100 per person) dinner with cheaper breakfasts & lunches. In general like mid-range, entrees around $15-25. But as noted above, street food in Asia isn't off limits, so a $2 food truck snack can be just as lovely
I just came back from Seattle so these are my recommendations. Since you mention Vietnamese, I will suggest Green Leaf which is about a 20 minute walk from the Fairmont. The location is a little strange since it's actually located underground and it's a lounge. But the food was actually quite good and highly I recommend the banh xeo.

If you're into soup dumplings, Din Tai Fung is a good place for it and other Chinese dishes. It's an international chain, but it's re known. I went to the one at Pacific Place and it was busy both times I went. If the wait is longer than an hour, ask to be seated at the bar. Same menu, but it's open seating.

For oysters on a half shell, I love Elliott's Oyster House. Your husband will love Pike's Place chowder or Ivar's although I have a preference for Pike's Place.

I will also put down Starbucks Reserve Bar and Roastery as a must visit. It's the only one for now and it's an amazing experience. The unique drinks they serve makes you re-think Starbucks.
vh_bu98 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 17, 7:56 am #273

Programs: Delta Silver (2017)
Thanks for more ideas! Yes, Ivar & Pike Place chowder on the map. Probably not DTF as I had a work project in Shanghai a couple years and had loads (though I do love xtb! We also visited DTF in Singapore ;-) Will add Green Leaf. Not sure about Starbucks. I have NEVER liked their coffee.....But if it's raining and we're nearby and want to get warm, maybe
Hoyaheel is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 17, 9:47 am #274
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG/IC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Even if you don't like Starbucks coffee, the Starbucks Reserve and Roastery is definitely a unique experience. Do a search on YouTube for some videos to get an idea on what the inside looks like. This location will sell beans that you can't get at any other Starbucks store such as the St. Helena that goes for $160 a pound. Choose one of their Reserve beans and go with the siphon technique and it will surprise you. I personally am not a coffee drinker, but I love the special drinks there. The Shakerato affogato is one of my favorites. You won't regret going to the Roastery. Skip the original store at Pike's Place.
vh_bu98 is offline Reply With Quote