Go Back > > >
Old Nov 7, 17, 2:23 pm #1
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
Luxury Amazon lodges

Hello there folks - I am looking to plan a trip for my family (wife and 14 y.o. daughter) for spring break (April) 2018. I am based in Lima (but the family isn't) and have to admit that I have not yet had the occasion to spend time in the jungle. Plenty of time already doing the main elements of the Gringo trail - Cusco/Puno/Arequipa...

So... was thinking of surprising the family with either a trip to the Treehouse Lodge (Iquitos) or Inkaterra Tambopata (Puerto Maldonado). Probably 3 or 4 days total. Any experience, thoughts or suggestions? The family is not interested in roughing it - so there needs to be an element of pampering involved - understanding full well what can and cannot be provided in the selva.

Thanks!
powerful pete is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 11:04 am #2

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
We stayed at the Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica, I think that's the one you're asking about, in March. It's very nice & very rustic, but probably the best you'll find in the jungle. You have about a 30 - 40 minute boat ride from Puerto Maldonado to the Amazonica. There is a closer (to Puerto) Inkaterra on the other side of the river but it's not as nice (we went there for part of one day). Two nights in the jungle is plenty. Also, there is no pampering in the jungle.

Last edited by rubesl; Nov 8, 17 at 11:09 am
rubesl is offline Reply With Quote