Go Back > > >
Old Nov 5, 17, 12:52 pm - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: The Q Suite - New Business Class
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: anabolism
Wiki Link
Qatar Airways confirms new business class seat

It will (eventually) be across the fleet in B777s and A350s. There will be a new seat development for the B787s as this new seat canít fit in the 787.

A video of the new Q Suite can be seen here - https://youtube.com/watch?v=_yhZDsctiZg

Photos of the new Q Suite can be seen here - http://cpi-web.ru/forum/28007634-post109.html

From TGFlyerGirl:
there are some quite complex rules entries around seat selection - but in essence, solo travellers as a guideline won't be assigned QUADS (they are blocked off), and it's generally for 3/4 pax families. Once a QUAD has been broken up (out of necessity - for example with a couple in the E/F seats), then the rest of the quad is unlocked and can be filled with individual travellers.

They've also made 1A/2B last offered to allow airport flexibility to handle last minute requests. The other 18 windows and aisles are free for reservation as per the normal process.

The bassinet position is 11B/J, reduced mobility seats are 2/4/6/9 B and J.

All A/E/F/K's are backward facing, all B,D,G,J's are forward facing. Total 20 Forward/22 Backward.

Capacity:
77W: J42/Y312
High density 77W: J24/Y388
77L: J42/Y230 (probably going 3-4-3 in Y, from 217)
35K: J46/Y281
359: J36/Y247

Which routes have Qsuites?
As of August 2017 there is one rotation DOH-LHR-DOH per day.
23rd September there will be a single daily DOH-CHG-DOH rotation
There have been some indications that one daily DOH-JFK-DOH rotation will start in October but there is nothing concrete yet.
As to other routes NO ONE KNOWS!
I repeat NO ONE KNOWS!! so do not ask!

What aircraft are fitted with Qsuites?
Updated information as to which aircraft are fitted with Qsuites is in the Wiki in the The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet thread.

The information below is as of August, 2017. For more up-to-date information, see the Wiki in the The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet thread.

At the moment there is ONE aircraft (A7-BED) fitted with Qsuites.
It is expected that six 773s and two 35Xs will be delivered by March 2018 bringing the total number of aircraft fitted with Qsuites to nine.
At the moment there are NO aircraft being retrofitted with Qsuites.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 5, 17, 7:49 pm #586

Programs: AA EXP 4.28 MM & LT PLT, QR PLT, SPG PLT 100 and LT GLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by remdk View Post
There are no Qsuites on the A380s which have the only true first class cabins. It has been suggested that they may be retrofitted at a later date but there are no definite plans. So there are no double beds in F.
The 380s are an interesting animal for QR. AAB announced more than a year ago his intention to eliminate F from the fleet and upgrade the J product to an F-like product, which is now called QSuites.

I wonder how many people are paying cash for F on a QR 380 other than the Emir and members of his family.
Dr. HFH is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 17, 11:46 pm #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
I wonder how many people are paying cash for F on a QR 380 other than the Emir and members of his family.
The Emir and immediate family have their own collection of planes.
X2921294H likes this.
FlyingScientist is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 12:03 am #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist View Post
You're right, my mistake. Then let's expand it to include various wealthy Qataris who like to travel.
Old Nov 6, 17, 3:05 am #589
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR, QR Insider, Krisflyer Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Quote:
They do, but many family members still fly QR F, especially to/from CDG.

M
msm2000uk is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:54 am #590

Quote:
Indeed, they do; and until last year it included a 747SP. How cool!! Now it's almost all Airbus products (310, 319, 322, 332, 342, 343, 345) and two 748-BBJs. Nice to have money.
Old Nov 7, 17, 9:00 am #591

Programs: OWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post

M
I believe A7-HBJ flew over my house to LHR a week and a half ago
zat_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 11:50 am #592

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Quote:
and two 748-BBJs..
And one in Qatar livery, presumably to blend in. I doubt that someone totally and utterly uninterested by airlines and airplanes won't look twice at a 747-8 with a QR livery and just think "oh another passenger aircraft".

Quote:
Nice to have money.
OT: Looking at how quickly your luck can turn (cf. Saudi Arabia), I prefer not having that kind of money and the strings attached to it. One day you're goofing around in your newest super car on the streets of London and the other day you'll get jailed (in a RC but still. A jail is a jail).
WorldLux is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 4:44 pm #593

Quote:
Indeed, they do; and until last year it included a 747SP. How cool!! Now it's almost all Airbus products (310, 319, 322, 332, 342, 343, 345) and two 748-BBJs. Nice to have money.
No A7-HFH yet...
FlyingScientist is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 8:53 pm #594

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldLux View Post
And one in Qatar livery, presumably to blend in. I doubt that someone totally and utterly uninterested by airlines and airplanes won't look twice at a 747-8 with a QR livery and just think "oh another passenger aircraft".
Sorry, having trouble parsing the negatives (bolding added). You're saying that an average person would think it odd?
anabolism is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 8:56 pm #595

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post

M
... given the generational permutations from multiple wives and the boredom of life in Doha, there are an awful lot of family members. And at least one flies regularly in QR Y
msm2000uk likes this.
IAN-UK is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 8:59 pm #596

Quote:
No A7-HFH yet...
The key word there being yet!!
Old Nov 8, 17, 6:40 am #597

Programs: QRPC Plat FLYINGBLUE Gold
Flew the qsuite yesterday, best J seat available in my opinion, lots of space both in seat and bed mode (bed feels bigger than super diamond), privacy, good ergonomics, high quality ife screen waouw!!! Very well done Qatar Airways
Alfredbali is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:43 am #598

Programs: QR Gold
I know the cardinal rule: NO ONE KNOWS but I was wondering if anyone knows (lol) if after JFK, it's still Tokyo and Sao Paulo as the new qsuites destination? I'm flying from Tokyo in mid-April and hoping to try the qsuites! Ofc, I'd still be perfectly fine with flying the excellent A350
ms101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:01 am #599

ms101 it is thought that new aircraft deliveries (both B777-300 and A350-1000) could result in there being eight, or nine(?), Qsuite aircraft available by the end of March.
So subject to timely deliveries!! you may be lucky. If the next destinations are Tokyo and Sao Paulo rather depends upon the number of Qsuites aircraft available.
remdk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:23 am #600

Programs: QR Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by remdk View Post
ms101 it is thought that new aircraft deliveries (both B777-300 and A350-1000) could result in there being eight, or nine(?), Qsuite aircraft available by the end of March.
So subject to timely deliveries!! you may be lucky. If the next destinations are Tokyo and Sao Paulo rather depends upon the number of Qsuites aircraft available.
Thanks remdk! Will be praying to the plane gods it'll be great if it was in place by mid-March then I'd get the qsuite twice! Still, I enjoy the super diamond so no problem there Curious question though, why weren't the two new deliveries of A359 fitted with qsuites?
ms101 is offline Reply With Quote