Go Back > > >
Old Aug 21, 16, 4:42 pm - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: SFO Parking
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: boxo
Wiki Link
Short term parking:
ParkSFO
Pros:
  • Fast and regular shuttles
  • Monthly coupons for 1 or 2 days off 3/4 or more days parked in a single stay
  • June 2013 Coupon
Cons:
  • Often full
  • Somewhat expensive now
  • No reservations

QuikPark
Pros:
  • Online reservations
  • Relatively cheap
Cons:
  • must prebook online for best rate and bring printout to give to attendant
  • Slow shuttles
  • Even with a reservation, sometimes fill up and hard to find a spot
    (note: if you book on-line and the lot is full, they will find you a space-you will be stopped at the gate but all you have to do is show them your pre-paid receipt)

Burlingame Airport Parking (ParkBAP)
Pros:
  • Consistently one of the cheapest, especially for weekly rates.
  • Generally do not have to prebook to get the best rate.
Cons:
  • 3 shuttles an hour only, and a bit slower than average due to distance. Try to arrive at or before :00, :20, or :40 to allow a few minutes wait.
  • September 2013: For pickups late, I feel the turnaround times are more consistent with 2x per hour for the shuttle. No posted change, however.

Anza
Pros:
  • With Burlingame Airport Parking, the only parking South of airport (Other than BART)
  • Shuttle frequency is good
  • Frequent parker program: Each 30 paid days yields a 5-consecutive-day park for free. Check in on facebook and receive credit for 1/2 paid day as well. (Note: This program has changed. It is now tied into the Fivestars card rather than a paper punch card.)
Cons:
  • When partially full, they require you use their free valet service, and this requirement varies from hour to hour. Be sure to have nothing valuable in your car!
  • Need a printed coupon from their website to get the best rate

BART
Pros:
  • Free over the weekend (except the cost of using BART to the airport) and holidays if you're only there for the free days (paid if you're there on weekdays and then stay over a weekend)
  • Online reservations for weekday parking
  • BART schedule is known well in advance
  • Pretty much guaranteed a parking spot
Cons:
  • Hard to use if you're trying to park or pick up when BART is closed for the night
  • Possibility of getting a ticket if you overstay your reservation
  • Can wait up to 20 minutes for BART in off-peak hours, or have to go to San Bruno and back to Millbrae during peak hours (or take a taxi for about $12)

SFO Long Term Parking and Lot D
** The shuttle buses look exactly the same! One says 'Lot D', the other says 'Long Term Parking'

SFO Long Term Parking
Pros:
  • Regular shuttles (not the fastest, not the slowest)
  • Sometimes if the normal area and lot d fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
  • Covered Parking in the garage - it gets full at peak times

Cons:
  • Expensive

SFO Long Term Parking Lot D
Pros:
  • Sometimes if the Long Term Parking area and Lot D fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
Cons:[*]Expensive

Tips for Long Term Parking and Lot D
  • Park near Stop 5 in Long Term Parking and you are the first off the bus and out of the parking lot!
  • Although the signs will indicate that a floor is full, I am often able to find a spot on these floors.

Month or longer parking:
Someone who's done this please add experiences - I (rob_flies_ua) would just pay for a shuttle or car service at this point. unavaca recommends taking Uber in this case.

AirportParkingReservations.com coupon:
$5 off: FBFRIENDS415
EXPIRES 12/31/16 @ 11:59 PM PST | Coupon Valid Online Only
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 23, 09, 10:49 am #1
Original Member
Original Poster

SFO Parking

Where is the cheapest long term parking at sfo?
neyoisles is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 09, 11:19 am #2
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Moving this thread to the San Francisco forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
JOUY31 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 09, 9:00 pm #3

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
I tend to be a fan of SMA Airport Parking. You can usually find coupons online (on metroactive.com) that make it $7/day. Recently, they ran a coupon in the SF Weekly.

That said, unless I'm departing early, such that BART won't get me to the aiport in time, I always BART.

-Hayden
Hayden is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 09, 2:29 am #4
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA EXP 3.6MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyoisles View Post
Where is the cheapest long term parking at sfo?
Think it depends on how many days "long term" is. I just did a 4 day stay at ParkSFO with a two free day coupon, but for anything longer than that I would have saved money at SMA with the $7 coupon.
tom911 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 09, 12:36 am #5
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks guys for the post. Ive been a big ParkSFO fan for 4 days and under. The SMA coupon sounds like the best option for more than 4 days.
neyoisles is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 09, 5:41 pm #6
brp
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP (through 2018, anyway, then...?)
We recently used the parking at the Clarion hotel
http://quikparksfo.com/

$10/day (plus 10% tax). Very quick to/from the airport. Plus, every three stays gets a free day. We compared to ParkSFO, and it is just about always cheaper at the Clarion, excepting the 2-day coupon. With the 1 day (and a 3 day minimum), ParkSFO is cheaper unless you're a few hours over (like we were ) and then Clarion wins.

Cheers.
brp is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 09, 2:19 pm #7

Programs: UA Plat-1MM, Hhonors Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
I know a lot of people are not fond of Fast Track, but at $8.95 a day (coupon on line), they are ok for me. I usually park there for:
  1. they pick me up and bring me to my car (I can never remeber where I park).
  2. they will take bags out of my trunk and place them back into my trunk ( I often travel with +100 lbs of luggage and every little bit of help helps!)
  3. at 8.95 a day they are cheap.
  4. easy access back to 380 ( I am always tired when I get home).
  5. offering, for a limited time, double points on the frequent parkers program. (yah, I know it is not as good as the old one, but it is much better than SFO long term [which is zip]).
LongingForORD is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 09, 5:22 am #8
lpy

Programs: Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I tend to be a fan of SMA Airport Parking. You can usually find coupons online (on metroactive.com) that make it $7/day. Recently, they ran a coupon in the SF Weekly.
+1. Good value, although their pick up from the airport is not as good as some other parking companies.
lpy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 09, 10:14 am #9

Programs: Hyatt GP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IC Amb.
Any current parking coupons or offers

I need SFO parking for 10 days and I am looking for a cheap, safe option. A lot of people suggested SMA in the past, but it seems their prices have gone up. Any advice is much appreciated.
davidjdewey is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 09, 3:37 am #10

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I like staying at the SFO Hilton and eating at Kincaid's. This lot is adjacent to the Hilton.
http://parkbap.com/
PatMike is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 09, 12:00 pm #11
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Plebe, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

$10/day (plus 10% tax). Very quick to/from the airport. Plus, every three stays gets a free day. We compared to ParkSFO, and it is just about always cheaper at the Clarion, excepting the 2-day coupon. With the 1 day (and a 3 day minimum), ParkSFO is cheaper unless you're a few hours over (like we were ) and then Clarion wins.

Cheers.
just booked for 1/9 (4am)-1/10 (1am) (can you say mileage run ) for $11.00 a/i. i'll let you know how it goes
goalie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 09, 12:56 pm #12

Programs: AA MM (EXP thru 2017), DL PM, UA MM, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat
I used to park at the Millbrae BART station ($6/day, plus BART charges & fees), but because of my personal boycott of BART-to-the-airport due to their tripling the airport surcharge, that is no longer an option for me.

Instead I use Burlingame Airport Parking (attached to the Hilton). They usually run about $7.50/day or $45/week with an advance reservation.

For my most recent trip, departing Christmas Day, they were already full. Fortunately I found a park-and-fly rate at the Crowne Plaza for $89 all-in, including 14 days' parking. Obviously not good for MRs, but for longer stays (mine is 14 days exactly), it's quite a deal. And you get a hotel room (and IC stay/night credit) thrown in, too.
mikew99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 09, 1:33 pm #13
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The Doubletree is offering $99 rate which includes 14 days' parking. I know that this hotel is one where they should pay us to stay there, but really, they are, as the room rate is a lot less than my parking-alone bill would be.
Eastbay1K is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 10, 4:43 pm #14

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Quote:

Cheers.
The couple of times I parked there, I was not impressed with the shuttle frequency compared to ParkSFO. I did a lot of waiting.
elCheapoDeluxe is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 10, 7:06 am #15
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Plebe, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
Quote:

Cheers.
just booked for 1/9 (4am)-1/10 (1am) (can you say mileage run ) for $11.00 a/i. i'll let you know how it goes
sorry for being a few days late....

arrived at the calrion at 3:55am
shuttle arrived at 4:05
stopped next door at the wesitn 4:10
arrived at sfo 4:20

arrived back at sfo at 12:05am
arrived at the shuttle stop at 12:15 & called the hotel
shuttle arrived 12:25
stopped at the i/t 12:30
arrived at the westin 12:40
arrived at the clarion 12:45

have a $7.00 coupon for sma parking so i'm trying them next on 1/30