Go Back > > >
Old Nov 1, 17, 11:45 pm #31
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Gold, EK Gold, SQ Silver, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Accor Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallinasleep View Post
On SQ292 from WLG direct to SIN, I noticed that Australian airport arrival and departure taxes are charged.

Do pax have to disembark the plane during the CBR stop? If so, do pax have to also clear immigration?

Thanks
Pax have to disembark but do not clear security or immigration. They are kept in a holding area where there is a duty free shop and a bar/cafe.
WLG Base is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 3:45 am #32

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Do I need transit visa in AUS? Also AUS arrival and departure taxes are charged on awards which are ~$60 one way!
dedeson is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 2:12 pm #33

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BAG
Which charges?
I flew WLG-CBR-SIN earlier in the year, in J, Award booking, but not via Krisflyer.
The tax and charge breakdown was
Code:
F1 USD $2.40 (New Zealand Border Clearance Levy International Departure)
Kk USD $11.29 (New Zealand Passenger Service Charge International Departures)
Ia USD $8.60 (New Zealand Passenger Security Charge International)
This was not booked via SQ, so perhaps SQ are charging it incorrectly.

As to transit visa - you should really check this on the embassy website. It's unlikely to be needed as you do not pass immigration, but I do not know your nationality.

Last edited by jbfield; Nov 3, 17 at 2:25 pm
jbfield is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 3:17 pm #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfield View Post
Which charges?
I flew WLG-CBR-SIN earlier in the year, in J, Award booking, but not via Krisflyer.
The tax and charge breakdown was
Code:
F1 USD $2.40 (New Zealand Border Clearance Levy International Departure)
Kk USD $11.29 (New Zealand Passenger Service Charge International Departures)
Ia USD $8.60 (New Zealand Passenger Security Charge International)
This was not booked via SQ, so perhaps SQ are charging it incorrectly.

As to transit visa - you should really check this on the embassy website. It's unlikely to be needed as you do not pass immigration, but I do not know your nationality.
You were departing from WLG so the charges are correct.
Old Nov 4, 17, 2:51 am #35

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLG Base View Post
You were departing from WLG so the charges are correct.
Indeed - I was replying to Dedeson who incidated they were in transit in CBR but charged Australian taxes. If that is the case then something with their fare is wrong...but they have not been explicit with their routing details.
jbfield is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 4:16 am #36

I'm being charged the following on an award ticket WLG-SIN on SQ.

Australia Passenger Services Charge Arrival International (WY)
NZ$55.80
Australia Passenger Services Charge Departure International (WY)
NZ$55.80
(amounts according to ITA)

However, when I select a QF option via SYD, WY is not charged.

I wonder if CBR Airport Authority negotiated extra fees given their lack of international flights.
fallinasleep is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 4:37 am #37

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallinasleep View Post
I'm being charged the following on an award ticket WLG-SIN on SQ.

Australia Passenger Services Charge Arrival International (WY)
NZ$55.80
Australia Passenger Services Charge Departure International (WY)
NZ$55.80
(amounts according to ITA)

However, when I select a QF option via SYD, WY is not charged.

I wonder if CBR Airport Authority negotiated extra fees given their lack of international flights.
Must have, noting that it is not charged on intl-intl transits at any other airports in Australia, and for example at MEL, WY is $22.
lokijuh is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 2:49 am #38

Programs: LH SEN, NZ, Lifemiles, BA
Hi everyone,

I just booked two award seats on SQ291 for travel around Christmas. We are both heading to Wellington but unfortunately only one award seat was available in Business for the entire journey - so I booked myself to CBR only and will buy a revenue ticket for the second leg to WLG should no availability open up. I will be tagging both bags under my partner - so technically only travelling with hand luggage. We are travelling ex ZRH and they are pretty good with interlining and providing all the boarding passes for the entire journey as I have done several trips in the past. My question would be: If I disembark in CBR already holding a BP to WLG and not needing to reclaim any luggage in CBR - can i remain in transit or do I need to clear immigration and customs? I am seated in the first row on the flight so it should be rather quick but I'd rather avoid if I don't have to

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
flyswiss88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 4:26 am #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyswiss88 View Post
Hi everyone,

I just booked two award seats on SQ291 for travel around Christmas. We are both heading to Wellington but unfortunately only one award seat was available in Business for the entire journey - so I booked myself to CBR only and will buy a revenue ticket for the second leg to WLG should no availability open up. I will be tagging both bags under my partner - so technically only travelling with hand luggage. We are travelling ex ZRH and they are pretty good with interlining and providing all the boarding passes for the entire journey as I have done several trips in the past. My question would be: If I disembark in CBR already holding a BP to WLG and not needing to reclaim any luggage in CBR - can i remain in transit or do I need to clear immigration and customs? I am seated in the first row on the flight so it should be rather quick but I'd rather avoid if I don't have to

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Did you call SQ about the CBR - WLG leg? Are you waitlisted?

Back to your question, I would assume if you had a boarding pass to WLG then no issue. When you leave the aircraft you go upstairs into the airside area and wait reboarding.
Old Nov 8, 17, 2:15 am #40

Programs: LH SEN, NZ, Lifemiles, BA
Thanks for your answer. Well as it is an award booked with LH miles I guess award waitlisting is not an option. And it really was the last I Class seat I found on that date from anywhere in Asia to East Australia / NZ so I didn't want to stretch my luck and be left with nothing aka a revenue seat in Y

I just wait and hope something opens up closer to departure - otherwise I will survive the 3hours from CBR to WLG just fine!

Just another question for the return where we are both ticketed WLG-SIN-BKK on SQ in one ticket and BKK to ZRH on LX on another ticket. How stingy is SQ with interlining bags? I know NZ used to be/is a pain. We have plenty of time in BKK so that's not really the issue but I would prefer to not clear immigration and claim them.

Thanks again
flyswiss88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 17, 3:02 am #41

Programs: Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyswiss88 View Post
Just another question for the return where we are both ticketed WLG-SIN-BKK on SQ in one ticket and BKK to ZRH on LX on another ticket. How stingy is SQ with interlining bags? I know NZ used to be/is a pain. We have plenty of time in BKK so that's not really the issue but I would prefer to not clear immigration and claim them.

Thanks again
SIA is very good at interlining with Star carriers, you will be fine. Just make sure you have SWR docs like ticket number etc.
davidj1 is offline Reply With Quote