Go Back > > >
Old Nov 6, 16, 11:28 pm - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: Which ST program should I sign up for?
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
Wiki Link
If you already plan to focus on one particular alliance, please visit the sticky in the relevant forum: Deciding on a oneworld FFP or Which SkyTeam FFP or Choosing a Star FFP
Common which ffp thread Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
List of frequent flyer programs from Wikipedia

Questionnaire: Copy and paste into your post
Provide the requested information.

1. What is most important to you in a frequent flyer program (FFP)?
upgrades, priority services, baggage allowance, good award redemption rates, better award access, lounge access, etc.
>>> Reply:

2. How many miles do you usually fly each year? How many flights/sectors?
less than 25000 miles, 50000+ miles and 20-25 flights, etc.
>>> Reply:

3. What fare class do you usually buy?
first, business, premium economy, economy
>>> Reply:

4. Are you able to choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
>>> Reply:

5. Which routes do you fly most often?
transatlantic, domestic USA, intra-Asia, etc.
>>> Reply:

6. What is your home airport?
>>> Reply:

7. Do you have status in any FFP? What is it? How miles do you have banked in each FFP, if any?
>>> Reply:

8. What are your preferred airlines, if any?
>>> Reply:
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 14, 17, 3:38 pm #106

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Hello FT,

I have had a couple of flights on China Eastern and Czech in business over the summer, but didn't sign up for any Skyteam program prior to flying. Might as well accumulate the miles, if possible.

Do you know of a ST FFP where it is possible to retro-register for flights from the past three months?

Thanks
groovyfly is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 17, 4:41 pm #107
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyfly View Post
I have had a couple of flights on China Eastern and Czech in business over the summer, but didn't sign up for any Skyteam program prior to flying. Might as well accumulate the miles, if possible.

Do you know of a ST FFP where it is possible to retro-register for flights from the past three months?
Most ffp's require you to be a signed up member at the date of the flight.
Only a minority of airlines ffp allow to claim for flights prior to joining.
Some (old) retro information in post 2 here http://cpi-web.ru/forum/infor...help-here.html

https://wheretocredit.com/czech-airlines/j
https://wheretocredit.com/china-eastern-airlines/j

I suspect you are too late.
alphaod and groovyfly like this.
Mwenenzi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 17, 7:16 pm #108

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, MU Pt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
Most ffp's require you to be a signed up member at the date of the flight.
Only a minority of airlines ffp allow to claim for flights prior to joining.
Some (old) retro information in post 2 here http://cpi-web.ru/forum/infor...help-here.html

https://wheretocredit.com/czech-airlines/j
https://wheretocredit.com/china-eastern-airlines/j

I suspect you are too late.
Thanks for the those links. I was actually going to post a question about that topic.

Also my mom had been flying MU maybe three-four round trips in J didn't bother to credit anything. Recently I forced her to sign up, they retrocredited her last three months so she jumped straight into MU Gold (80k EQP).
alphaod is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 17, 10:32 pm #109

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles
upgrades, priority services, baggage allowance, good award redemption rates, better award access, lounge access, etc.
>>> Reply: long (at least 3 years) soft expiry, easy to get short haul economy award

>>> Reply: <10 k, most probably 2 - 5 k, about 2 to 6 sectors, on all alliances combined

>>> Reply: cheapest cabin

4. Are you able to choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
>>> Reply: For international sports competition

>>> Reply: Short-haul routes on Non-Hong Kong based airlines from Hong Kong

>>> Reply: HKG

7. Do you have status in any FFP? What is it? How miles do you have banked in each FFP, if any?
>>> Reply: no status, 2763 in delta skymiles

>>> Reply: any non-HK based airlines

Is Delta Skymiles the best the me since it never expires? Is it of good value to redeem short haul economy flights, or accumulate for decades until I can redeem long-haul flights?
miklcct is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 17, 12:40 am #110

I am currently Silver on Delta but that will likely end at the end of the year. I am not sure how to maximize my miles on Skyteam, because of where I travel I often end up flying Skyteam but many different carriers.

I live in China, but my family is in Cincinnati and with Delta's hub in DTW, and sorta hub really focus city in CVG, I usually fly Delta over the Pacific for the long flight.

In the previous year I have flown:
4 long hauls between China and the US on Delta.
6 short haul intra Asia flights on China Eastern.
4 short hauls on China Southern.
4 flights on Aeroflot, 2 between Beijing and Moscow, and 2 between Moscow and Europe.
1 short haul on KLM.

Even when I pay for first class tickets on China Eastern, I don't get many Delta miles. I only recieved about 2500 miles for my round trip PEK-Europe on Aeroflot. But, like I said Delta almost always takes me over the Pacific. China Eastern's website is pretty vague on earned partner miles. Should I switch to China Eastern, or do the 4 ultra long haul TPAC flights I take every year on Delta make Delta the best choice.

I have never seen a good price and schedule on China Eastern from China to CVG.
onuhistorian0116 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 17, 4:47 am #111

Programs: AAadvantage EXP, UA MilagePlus
Considering switch from aa oneworld to skyteam

Caveat to the answers used to be AA EXEC PLAT for the past 10 years.

Given the revenue imposed DECIDED TO SWITCH

Home base is BCN. But have homes in MIA and PDP (Punta del Este, Uruguay). So travel often to the US and South America. Once in the US or South America do need short trips (US, EUROPE). Having tracked offers to South America AF-KLM paying with AMEX gives me a very reasonable fare for 2 (around 3600EUR).

Pay for my own tickets (there are 2 of us plus GUIDE DOG).

Ability to transfer CC miles is also important currently AMEX PLAT and IBERIA Sendo (only for those places that will not accept AMEX).

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Soft expiry, Link to Credit Card, lounge access, ability to redeem miles (must say 90% of the times in the past have been able to secure OW award tkts for the routes that was looking NOT SURE WILL HAVE THE SAME LUCK WITH SKYTEAM)

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
Managed to fly 100K on AA

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy?
Used to buy mostly cheap economy fares but gradually moved to mostly or mixed J W

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
YES. Pleasure and Work

(5) Which routes and airlines do you fly most often?
BCN-US, BCN-MVD, BCN-ASIA (pleasure and biz). Can easily position in order to get a better PREMIUM fare

(6) What is your home airport?
BCN

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
Downgraded to gold on AA have some miles left

(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
AA, IB, QR

Having said that my analysis has shown that AA will no longer suit me, seems that best bet is FLYING BLUE

This year my heavy travel will elapse into 2018 BUT GIVEN THAT FB GOES ON A CALENDAR YEAR will leave me with no elite status with them until at least mid 2018.

Let me know if I have missed anything and thanks in advance.

Best, JC
jcelio is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 17, 1:42 pm #112

Adding Skyteam to my Elite Portfolio

AA Exec Platinum and QR Platinum -- No further need to "double-dip" at top level in two OneWorld programs.

For 2018 I am curious about adding SkyTeam to my Elite Portfolio. I currently am Flying Blue Silver -- no status with anyone else.

I am based in California USA

Elite Ground experience. 1) Access to preferred / extra legroom seats when flying Y, 2) Access to priority check-in and boarding when flying Y, Access to lounges when flying Y.

I really want the best possible treatment when flying on a discount fare with an alliance airline other than the one I have status.

Award redemption availability is my next most important concern.

Usually about 200,000 BIS -- Maybe 40-50 flights 3-4 rt across pacific, 3-4 across atlantic, 2-3 asia-europe, and some miscellaneous intra-regional flights.

60 percent will be discount economy. 30 percent discount business. Fly when I see a deal.

Yes 100 % at my discretion. Retired all my flying is for leisure.

>>> Reply: Answered above.

Either LAX or SFO is a short SWA hop for me.

1.2 million AAdvantage, 400K QR Privilege Club, 300K United, 600K Avianca,

QR, CX, SQ, In SkyTeam perhaps VN and KE

Last edited by cplona; Oct 27, 17 at 8:43 pm Reason: Spelling
cplona is offline Reply With Quote