Go Back > > >
Old Jul 4, 17, 2:38 am #1
Moderator, Aer Lingus AerClub, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, EI nothing, AB Silver, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Malta / Luqa / Airport / MLA

If you have lounge access (business class, Priority Pass or cash at the door) I highly recommend the La Valette Club at MLA. The lounge has a large outdoor smoking terrace with fantastic apron views (perfect for avgeeks).
starflyergold is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 17, 3:44 am #2
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, MUCCIx4, and 'stuff'..
Agreed, and have used it myself. Entry down to the left of Departures near Gate 1, and fairly clearly signposted. But surely it's part of the public Cafe, not the La Valette? At least, it was when I last used it.
T8191 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 17, 11:22 am #3
Moderator, Aer Lingus AerClub, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, EI nothing, AB Silver, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Agreed, and have used it myself. Entry down to the left of Departures near Gate 1, and fairly clearly signposted. But surely it's part of the public Cafe, not the La Valette? At least, it was when I last used it.
The cafe has its own smoking area I believe. I was referring to the lounge smoking area only (my only experience).
starflyergold is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 17, 12:48 pm #4
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
The cafe has its own smoking area I believe. I was referring to the lounge smoking area only (my only experience).
Ah, that's a new one on me! Our last MLA (2014) we had to go through the Cafe to reach the smoking deck area! What's the route from the La Valette now, then? The Cafe deck area was waaaaay down the Departures area, near Gate 1. Is there now a 'secret door'?

Trivia ... at least there is one!! I shall be refreshing the geography in September!
Old Oct 1, 17, 5:51 am #5
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Having done a personal refresh of the facilities last week, I now understand!

There's the public smoking Terrace behind the Cafe at the left end of Departures, that I remembered, and which we checked out first ...

... and then, as you noted earlier, the VIP Lounge terrace (La Valette)on the upper floor. Elevator access from the main Departures area, near W. H. Smiths. VERY comfortable, with nicely spaced seating, Mdina Glass ashtrays no less!, and a great view of the Ramp area.

starflyergold likes this.