Go Back Cpi-Web Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page > Star Alliance Lounge Options at SFO International Terminal

Star Alliance Lounge Options at SFO International Terminal

Reply

Old Dec 16, 16, 6:00 pm
#1
Original Poster
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Irving, TX
Programs: AA EXP, National Executive Elite, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,916
Star Alliance Lounge Options at SFO International Terminal

I'm flying UA in Polaris Sunday from SFO-LHR. It's been years since I've flown international out of SFO. I'm a 1K/star gold. I know of course I can access the United Club but I went to lounge finder and I see there is an Eva lounge and a Singapore lounge. Are both of these (I assume) in the international terminal near where my UA flight will be departing? Do I get access? I'm looking for some good beers to enjoy before I head on my Polaris and get my teddy bear.

Thanks
enviroian is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 16, 6:55 pm
#2
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels and TravelBuzz!

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,398
Please follow this thread in the FT Star Alliance Forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
obscure2k is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 16, 6:59 pm
#3
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 68,474
Get over the hopes of a teddy bear; they were not planned to be in distribution past the first week and are by most accounts no longer being loaded.

The SQ and BR lounges are in the international terminal, down the hallway to the side of the UClub in that pier of the building. But both have, from time to time, denied entry to UA pax citing overcrowding reasons. And the SQ lounge didn't have any especially good beer unless you think Tiger is special. I don't.
sbm12 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:01 pm
#4
Original Poster
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Irving, TX
Programs: AA EXP, National Executive Elite, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,916
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Get over the hopes of a teddy bear; they were not planned to be in distribution past the first week and are by most accounts no longer being loaded.

The SQ and BR lounges are in the international terminal, down the hallway to the side of the UClub in that pier of the building. But both have, from time to time, denied entry to UA pax citing overcrowding reasons. And the SQ lounge didn't have any especially good beer unless you think Tiger is special. I don't.
No teddy for me?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure UA has "premium" beers on draft but on principle alone I refuse to pay for them.

I'm surprised LH doesn't operate a lounge there. I was always impressed by the DTW lounge.
enviroian is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:51 pm
#5
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 68,474
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
on principle alone I refuse to pay for them.
We have very different principles. I do things that make me happy. You can also drink outside of the lounge, where there are even better options.

Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
I'm surprised LH doesn't operate a lounge there. I was always impressed by the DTW lounge.
LH has a lounge in DTW because there was no other option available. It uses partners or OALs in every other US gateway, save IAD and JFK. Between local flight volume and partners it does okay in those airports.
sbm12 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:57 pm
#6

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: HNL
Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Former HA Plat (now not), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, GE
Posts: 4,090
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
I'm flying UA in Polaris Sunday from SFO-LHR. It's been years since I've flown international out of SFO. I'm a 1K/star gold. I know of course I can access the United Club but I went to lounge finder and I see there is an Eva lounge and a Singapore lounge. Are both of these (I assume) in the international terminal near where my UA flight will be departing? Do I get access? I'm looking for some good beers to enjoy before I head on my Polaris and get my teddy bear.

Thanks

SQ was a nice and empty lounge when I tried it last year. No problems getting in with my GF boarding pass.

Try both now, because their spaces are slated to be incorporated into a new UA lounge redesign.
747FC is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 16, 1:59 pm
#7

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,574
OP: when will you spend your lounge time on Sunday? Both SQ & BR lounges are open once or twice a day, for 2-3 hours at a time, depending on their own flight departure times.

BR has a daily flight leaving between 00:00-01:00, and an afternoon flight that operates 3-4 times a week leaving at around 16:30.

SQ has a daily flight to HKG leaving between 00:00-01:00 and the new n/s to SIN leaving at around 09:30. (Something like that.)

Check their flight schedules on your date to see if their opening hours will coincide with your schedule. Both lounges have better catering.
sfvoyage is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 16, 2:00 pm
#8

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aussie in ORD
Programs: Marriott Gold, Ua 1k, GE
Posts: 3,020
I tried to get access to SQ lounge as *A UA Gold flying in Y.. Denied. That said the UC in the international terminal is quiet decent but does seem to be very crowded at the moment
cyclogenesis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 16, 3:39 pm
#9

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,574
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis View Post
I tried to get access to SQ lounge as *A UA Gold flying in Y.. Denied.
What time was this? I never had problems in the afternoon, when SQ used to have their flight to ICN. I know they deny access in the evening when the lounge gets more crowded for their HKG flight. No idea about the morning for their SIN flight.
sfvoyage is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 16, 10:55 am
#10
Original Poster
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Irving, TX
Programs: AA EXP, National Executive Elite, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,916
Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
OP: when will you spend your lounge time on Sunday? Both SQ & BR lounges are open once or twice a day, for 2-3 hours at a time, depending on their own flight departure times.

BR has a daily flight leaving between 00:00-01:00, and an afternoon flight that operates 3-4 times a week leaving at around 16:30.

SQ has a daily flight to HKG leaving between 00:00-01:00 and the new n/s to SIN leaving at around 09:30. (Something like that.)

Check their flight schedules on your date to see if their opening hours will coincide with your schedule. Both lounges have better catering.
I'll have roughly 1.5 hours between 1730 and 1900. Good info above. Looks like those lounges will devoid of their respective airline's passengers.

Thanks
enviroian is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 16, 1:11 pm
#11
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 68,474
Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
I never had problems in the afternoon, when SQ used to have their flight to ICN.
Lots of posts (a whole thread, in fact) to this effect in the UA forum.
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
I'll have roughly 1.5 hours between 1730 and 1900. Good info above. Looks like those lounges will devoid of their respective airline's passengers.
And also staff. Expect that the doors will be locked during that time; the lounges are typically open only for their departures and your visit doesn't align with those times.
sbm12 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 16, 1:38 pm
#12
Original Poster
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Irving, TX
Programs: AA EXP, National Executive Elite, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,916
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Lots of posts (a whole thread, in fact) to this effect in the UA forum.

And also staff. Expect that the doors will be locked during that time; the lounges are typically open only for their departures and your visit doesn't align with those times.
So bud light at UA lounge and no teddy?
enviroian is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 16, 7:36 pm
#13

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade
Posts: 828
SQ Lounge is good as is Precheck at Int Terminal but limited hours EVA is passable but also limited hours as LH Senator no problems with SQ or EVA lounges just no UA Star Gold on domestic itineraries Have not been to the UA Club Int or Domestic when last there for a mileage run end of this novemeber as prefer the Amex lounge in T3 with the walkway post security in Domestic TSA Precheck is much much better at Int Terminal
cbourl is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 16, 10:09 am
#14
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; DL Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Refugeeist
Posts: 30,676
Originally Posted by cbourl View Post
TSA Precheck is much much better at Int Terminal
Actually it's not. It's the worst of the three Pre checkpoints you can use for an E, F, or G Terminal departure. At certain times of day, the lines will be shorter than either of the F Terminal checkpoints though, so it still makes sense to use it then or if you don't feel like making the 5 minute walk to F.
Kacee is online now
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 17, 3:33 pm
#15

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: SFO & OAK
Programs: UA & BR /Hyatt Dis/SPG Gold/ HH Gold
Posts: 30
Refused by SFO EVA lounge

Just took BR17 SFO-TPE on Xmas day. I have UA club card. According to *A website and rule, I have access to SQ, BR, and UA lounges. I was able to access UA and SQ without problem. (just want to see how these lounges look.)

I was stopped by BR receptionist. She texted the station manager and replied I can only go to UA lounge even though I have a paid UA club membership.

Anyone here used the UA club card to gain access to BR lounge? How do you do it? I even showed the receptionist the following *A web page rule and got denied.

"As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club Worldwide."

darthmong is offline
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:36 am.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by cpi-web.ru. Copyright 2017 cpi-web.ru. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.