Go Back > > >
Old Nov 3, 17, 9:04 pm #1
Original Poster

Family man now, can't travel like I used to..

Used to be a steady *A Gold member until the birth of my daughter. She's already flying with me. The baby benefits are cool (early boarding, bassinet/bulk head seats) but I like the certainty of having status rather than, "hope they don't forget about us and the baby". January is coming close and I'm shy of 18k miles to get that Gold again. Should I take a quick "mileage run" to grab gold before the year is up or just sit it out and be at mercy of Premium Travel Cards (CSR) + Flying with Baby Status?
Damn Youfoundme is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 4:25 am #2

Programs: AAEXP 3MM, AZ Alata +, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT, BW Diamond
Hi, this questions has been asked many times. In the end, only you can answer it. 18K shy of GLD is a pretty big number to accomplish in one MR. If it was a lot less, sure, no problem, do the run and get it over it, but 18K is a lot in one run. Aside that, there is the $ aspect. You are the one that needs to determine if the GLD benefits are worth it to you. Sure, some of those benefits can be attained by having a credit card. FYI, someone has responded to your run request of 18k miles for ~$500.

Last edited by arollins; Nov 4, 17 at 4:35 am
arollins is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 9:50 am #3
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arollins View Post
Hi, this questions has been asked many times. In the end, only you can answer it. 18K shy of GLD is a pretty big number to accomplish in one MR. If it was a lot less, sure, no problem, do the run and get it over it, but 18K is a lot in one run. Aside that, there is the $ aspect. You are the one that needs to determine if the GLD benefits are worth it to you. Sure, some of those benefits can be attained by having a credit card. FYI, someone has responded to your run request of 18k miles for ~$500.

thanks! I can get the flight cheaper with my soon-expiring travel certificates as well. Might do it, although it still sounds crazy.
Damn Youfoundme is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:59 am #4
Cpi-Web Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Cpi-Web @Damn Youfoundme.

Please follow the redirect as we relocate this thread.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
beckoa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 2:13 am #5

To me the most valuable perk of *G is lounge access. Being able to go to the lounge with the baby to have a quiet place to feed him/her and play a little is worth a lot.

So if it's not a financial burden I'd go for it.
malmostoso is offline Reply With Quote