Go Back > >
Old Sep 25, 17, 8:43 pm - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: Report Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT - PLEASE POST SCREEN SHOTS
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Report Disruptive Advertisements on FlyerTalk:

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post

We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your Cpi-Web browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / Cpi-Web in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://cpi-web.ru/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and Cpi-Web discourage the use of software that modifies your Cpi-Web browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide Cpi-Web free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 1, 16, 6:21 pm #1
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, B6 Mosaic, Hyatt Plat, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Exclamation Report Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT - PLEASE POST SCREEN SHOTS

When I visited the FT homepage just now, my browser displayed a dozen Flash-related Internet security popups. They cascaded across the screen. The ad URL they mentioned was "redir.adap.tv" -- the browser crashed a few moments later.

I'm running Flash 20.0.0.267 in Safari 9.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.11.2, visiting from the United States.

[Edit: it appears the follow-up message I posted containing a screenshot has been deleted for some reason. Attaching it here.]

Last edited by RandomBaritone; Jan 3, 16 at 1:34 pm Reason: Added screenshot
RandomBaritone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 16, 11:45 am #2

Programs: WN F9 UA AA IHG HH MR
Whenever I go to the Chase Forum for the first time in a FT session, this appears (grayed out screen with a tiny window and an X near the FT logo). Doesn't appear anywhere else and been occurring for about the past week. MacBook OS X 10.11.2, Safari 9.0.2, USA.
Tanic is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 16, 12:08 pm #3
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5.5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thank you all for reporting these.

IB will be back at work Monday after the long New Year weekend to look these over.

In the meantime, all posts relating to i-devices (and seemingly some Android driven ones?) and problems with browser hijacking to mobfree.click have been consolidated to http://cpi-web.ru/forum/techn...s-android.html.

JDiver
Moderator, Technical Support and Feedback forum
JDiver is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 16, 12:52 pm #4
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanic View Post
Whenever I go to the Chase Forum for the first time in a FT session, this appears (grayed out screen with a tiny window and an X near the FT logo). Doesn't appear anywhere else and been occurring for about the past week. MacBook OS X 10.11.2, Safari 9.0.2, USA.
I don't see this problem. Using laptop w/Windows 10.
philemer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 16, 1:26 pm #5

Programs: DL PM, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Quote:
I get same thing. MacBook OSX 10.9.5 Safari 9.0.2.
TomMM is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 16, 1:34 pm #6
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, B6 Mosaic, Hyatt Plat, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Further to my message from New Year's Day, the same rogue Flash ad is still causing dozens of security popups to appear in my browser each time a new page is loaded. This is very serious: it appears the ad is attempting to do something nefarious, as shown in the screenshot above.
Old Jan 4, 16, 11:51 am #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitch7600 View Post
I get that popup on every single page click on the Marriott Board, even when logged in. Every. Single. Page. Click.
I am seeing the IHG full page gray out ads in the Marriott forum too. It has been for the last two weeks, but only occurs during the first Marriott forum page per session. OS X 10.11.2 Safari 9.0.2 USA.
Old Jan 4, 16, 3:02 pm #8
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone View Post
Further to my message from New Year's Day, the same rogue Flash ad is still causing dozens of security popups to appear in my browser each time a new page is loaded. This is very serious: it appears the ad is attempting to do something nefarious, as shown in the screenshot above.
I have not seen any other reports of this, which seems to indicate that you have a browser issue. Try running your AV software, and perhaps uninstall/reinstall your browser after clearing your cache and cookies.
IBobi is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 16, 8:58 am #9
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
I have not seen any other reports of this, which seems to indicate that you have a browser issue. Try running your AV software, and perhaps uninstall/reinstall your browser after clearing your cache and cookies.
It's a Flash issue -- perhaps in combination with Safari. But I've seen it on two separate Macs at this point, so it's vanishingly unlikely to be something related to my specific installation. Please be sure to look at the screenshot I provided.

For the time being I'm not visiting the site on my laptop, so this is the last you'll hear of it from me. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 5, 16, 11:15 am #10

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, HH Au, Marriott Pt, IHG Au, Nexus, *$ Au
Redirect to a diploma ad. Happened in the American forum yesterday, Hilton today.

OS X 10.7.5, Safari 5.1.7, USA
rustykettel is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 16, 3:50 am #11
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5.5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone View Post
When I visited the FT homepage just now, my browser displayed a dozen Flash-related Internet security popups. They cascaded across the screen. The ad URL they mentioned was "redir.adap.tv" -- the browser crashed a few moments later.

I'm running Flash 20.0.0.267 in Safari 9.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.11.2, visiting from the United States.

[Edit: it appears the follow-up message I posted containing a screenshot has been deleted for some reason. Attaching it here.]
There are no deleted posts made by you in this thread; we can see those, we can't see any in this thread.

JDiver, Moderator
JDiver is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 16, 10:04 am #12

For a few days, the problem got worse and I had popup ads on almost every forum I visited. Today is the second day that I got no popup ads on any forum. Hooray!

I hope the lack of posts in this forum means that the problems had been solved. If so, thank you!
serpens is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 16, 12:24 pm #13

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Quote:
I'm getting this in random places, also on a MB but on Safari 8.0.8
jspira is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 16, 1:19 pm #14

The grayed out page with the tiny window and X, which I've only seen on the Chase forum has now spread to other forum pages.
Old Jan 12, 16, 4:32 pm #15

Programs: DL PM, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Quote:
The grayed out page with the tiny window and X, which I've only seen on the Chase forum has now spread to other forum pages.
I got it on the UA forum this morning.
TomMM is offline Reply With Quote