Go Back > > >
Old Apr 20, 17, 11:41 am #196

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
To be clear, this only applies to children. Note that there are reports of situations with a 2 adult passenger PNR, and one person gets it, but the other doesn't. In that case, the adult passenger without it needs to go through normal security.
My recent experience corroborates that. Two adults and one child on a single PNR with flights AAA-BBB (night stop)-CCC, all three have a KTN.
On first flight, AAA-BBB, all three received pre-check on the boarding pass. The next day on flight BBB-CCC only one adult received pre-check on the boarding pass. The child could still use pre-check accompanying this adult.
Hobbes01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 17, 5:40 am #197

Has anyone had any issues with children's fingerprints not registering at a US Global Entry kiosk? I'm wondering if I should have my children's fingerprints redone as they grow. I know that the pattern doesn't change, but the overall dimensions do.

My children were first fingerprinted at ages ten and twelve. It's been about a year and a half since they were fingerprinted.
kilarney is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 17, 5:02 pm #198

Global entry for child

folks - we used global entry for the first time for our 2 year old but the system said "no matching data' and was not recognizing his passport. Finally the officer simply manually let us through but what should we do about this? Also, is processing usually done the same way and the kid has to place fingers on to scan?

Thx
sam007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 11:25 am #199

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA and CX. (Disgruntled UA Lifetime Plat) - No hotel loyalty anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam007 View Post
folks - we used global entry for the first time for our 2 year old but the system said "no matching data' and was not recognizing his passport. Finally the officer simply manually let us through but what should we do about this? Also, is processing usually done the same way and the kid has to place fingers on to scan?

Thx
Simple one - can you login to https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ for your child and ensure they are completed - there is a chance they may not be fully activated. You may need to make a new account there as GOES has been replaced - once you make the account there is another step to confirm if you had a prior GOES account of PASS ID - ensure you fill that in to have it migrate your GOES account.

Once in; you should see something like this if the kids Global Entry was properly activated (Will list Global Entry instead of My Nexus) ; if it says something else other than "Approved" you may want call their support during a weekday.

2nd: When you registered did they take fingerprints - some kids they don't. If so what this means is that the biometrics on them are not usable. You will fail out like you did and an officer can do it manually. Suggest when your kid is a bit older go into the registration office (no appt needed) and ask if you can resubmit fingerprints as your child is now older.

Our then 5 year old had no issues - but we know only one friend who had a 2-3 year old working - others with same age kids get the fail and manual fallback

Last edited by NickP 1K; Nov 4, 17 at 11:48 am
NickP 1K is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 8:16 am #200
A Cpi-Web Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilarney View Post
Has anyone had any issues with children's fingerprints not registering at a US Global Entry kiosk?
Lots of younger children's fingerprints don't seem to work all that well at GE kiosks. Getting the prints taken at an older age has helped in that regard.
GUWonder is offline Reply With Quote