Go Back > > >
Old Nov 8, 17, 1:17 am - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: Elite Plus upgrade voucher
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: craigthemif
Wiki Link
E+ members receive two upgrade vouchers per membership year that can be used as system wide upgrades. Vouchers are not delivered to E+ status holders in physical or electronic form and only exist on the screens of TK agents.

Simple method for booking upgrade using E+ voucher(s)

1) Look for itinerary on TK.com which is selling J class. (not the FT shorthand but the actual "J" fare bucket, which is TK's lowest Business Class fare)
2) Put said itinerary on hold in Economy Class via "book and pay later". You will receive a PNR. You will have roughly 7 days to pay, although the fare isn't guaranteed.
3) Call TK 1-800 number in the US. Request that the agent confirm upgrade space for all flights you are looking to upgrade.
4) Request to put the agent briefly on hold and complete payment back on TK.com
5) Complete upgrade with same agent who confirmed the upgrade space.

You might be asked to enter a PIN number via an automatic system to access your vouchers - this is the PIN you use to log-on to your TK M&S account.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 10, 12, 9:32 am #31

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Quote:
Originally Posted by joorinainen View Post
I believe that when you qualify you will instantly get the vouchers. There is no mention of them on your M&S account even if you have them.
Thank you. I suppose I should telephone the call centre.
michlflyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 12, 10:04 am #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by michlflyer View Post
Thank you. I suppose I should telephone the call centre.
Prepare to battle mentally. These vouchers are unknown territory for the majority of the operators.
joorinainen is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 12, 12:15 am #33
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G Elite+, HHonors Diamond, Club Carslon Concierge->Gold, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, BalticMiles Exec
Based on my single experience I found it more convenient to go to the local TK office.

It is required to know M&S PIN in either case.
dabee69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 12, 7:28 am #34

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Quote:
I believe that when you qualify you will instantly get the vouchers. There is no mention of them on your M&S account even if you have them.
Thank you again for your help.

I telephoned the call centre and after some security questions to check my identity, the agent confirmed that I had vouchers available. He then upgraded a flight I-m taking later on in the year with one of the vouchers. In fact, we were cut off at an important stage of the process and he took the trouble to call me back.

In my experience, the agents manning the Elite reservation line have actually been very switched on; however, I realize other people may not have been so fortunate.
michlflyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 12, 4:08 am #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabee69 View Post
I clearly heard J (Juliet) in both cases - call center as well as in local TK office.
It still is J,shown also on the Tix.

Quote:
Materializing these vouchers was as fun as getting a tooth pulled out of your mouth. Without sedative. After 2 hours and 4 calls to their call center i finally have a valid ticket.
Sorry to hear that.Used mine for a recent flight ( yesterday ). Called the Hotline.Good English skills.It was done in about 15 min.
The Agent asked which part of my flight I'd like to up,I told him SWU,he said '' one moment please '',maybe checked with his super.
After a few min.he said that my up is confirmed,e-mail send to my address,got it instantly.

Should be always like that !
moeser is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 12, 7:50 am #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeser View Post
It still is J,shown also on the Tix.

Sorry to hear that.Used mine for a recent flight ( yesterday ). Called the Hotline.Good English skills.It was done in about 15 min.
The Agent asked which part of my flight I'd like to up,I told him SWU,he said '' one moment please '',maybe checked with his super.
After a few min.he said that my up is confirmed,e-mail send to my address,got it instantly.

Should be always like that !
Really? I had to call 4 different agents(2 on the elite+ line) and it was exhausting. First agent didn't know Elite+ upgrade vouchers even exist after the fact that i clearly said to him that i want to use vouchers, not miles. He quoted 80 000miles and was about to hit the buttons. Second agent tried to convince me that i need 4 vouchers for 4 legs despite the fact that i told that i had received confirmation from M&S that i only need two. I tried to reason with him but he then said that i have a stopover so that's the reason why i need 4 vouchers(arriving IST 21.00, departing 00.05).. I had to take deep breaths. Well, i explained to him that it isn't stopover but he refused to issue the ticket. Then he said that my flights include two sectors in comfort so the system can't issue my upgrades. I was speechless and mumbled something about calling later and he said that "very well Sir, call back later maybe someone can help you".

Third agent actually knew something about these vouchers after checking with HQ and told me that i need 4 vouchers.. Here we go again, i thought and i really started to doubt myself. After i insisted i need only two she called someone again and YES! we got to the point where i put my pin and so on but then she said that system was down and she couldn't issue the ticket and asked to call in an hour. So there i was with my half upgraded ticket calling again and praying for an agent who could understand me and hoping that i wouldn't need to explain everything all over.

Last agent spoke good English and he clearly knew about the vouchers but said to me that my reservation has some problems and he would need to cancel my whole original ticket and issue new one in J. I was so tired and said that do what ever needs to be done so i can travel in J on all of my flights. He pushed the buttons and put me on hold for five minutes and then i received my new shiny J ticket in my email and the agent said that he had used 3 vouchers, i tried to ask how he could have used three if there's only two per year but he couldn't explain so i could understand(i must be dumb or something).
Old Mar 15, 12, 4:43 am #37

Quote:
Really? I had to call 4 different agents(2 on the elite+ line) and it was exhausting. First agent didn't know Elite+ upgrade vouchers even exist after the fact that i clearly said to him that i want to use vouchers, not miles. He quoted 80 000miles and was about to hit the buttons. Second agent tried to convince me that i need 4 vouchers for 4 legs despite the fact that i told that i had received confirmation from M&S that i only need two. I tried to reason with him but he then said that i have a stopover so that's the reason why i need 4 vouchers(arriving IST 21.00, departing 00.05).. I had to take deep breaths. Well, i explained to him that it isn't stopover but he refused to issue the ticket. Then he said that my flights include two sectors in comfort so the system can't issue my upgrades. I was speechless and mumbled something about calling later and he said that "very well Sir, call back later maybe someone can help you".

Third agent actually knew something about these vouchers after checking with HQ and told me that i need 4 vouchers.. Here we go again, i thought and i really started to doubt myself. After i insisted i need only two she called someone again and YES! we got to the point where i put my pin and so on but then she said that system was down and she couldn't issue the ticket and asked to call in an hour. So there i was with my half upgraded ticket calling again and praying for an agent who could understand me and hoping that i wouldn't need to explain everything all over.

Last agent spoke good English and he clearly knew about the vouchers but said to me that my reservation has some problems and he would need to cancel my whole original ticket and issue new one in J. I was so tired and said that do what ever needs to be done so i can travel in J on all of my flights. He pushed the buttons and put me on hold for five minutes and then i received my new shiny J ticket in my email and the agent said that he had used 3 vouchers, i tried to ask how he could have used three if there's only two per year but he couldn't explain so i could understand(i must be dumb or something).
Really !

I comprehend your frustration because I had this experience quite a few times.

I called the hotline because the TK office in ISB isn't really playing the A-Game and doesn't accept CC.
The Lady spoke a pretty good English and was very friendly.
She confirmed that there is availability to use my vouchers and booked my Y-TIX to proceed with the upgrade.

Than,it wasn't the first time,she couldn't process my CC payment in cause of a system glitch.
None the less she confirmed my booking + upgrade and stored the info for her colleges.

Time exposure in total about 35 min.

FYI. I couldn't insert my PIN neither via SKYPE nor via Mobil.
moeser is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 12, 10:38 am #38
G_G
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Is it possible to use an upgrade voucher on any Y fare ?
G_G is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 12, 11:56 am #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_G View Post
Is it possible to use an upgrade voucher on any Y fare ?
Yes. Any fare class in Y, CC, J.
Old Apr 21, 12, 2:59 pm #40

Programs: BA Gold, AA ExecPlat, TK Elite
I am a little confused.
I thought one segment=1 vouceher?
So since some people have been able to upgrade a 4 segment ticket with 2 vouchers, can I do that for my JFK-IST-HKG flights next month? I am booked in Comfort class.
Last year, I was only able to upgrade one segment with one voucher, so has something changed?

Thanks...
LX64A332 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 12, 12:39 am #41
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G Elite+, HHonors Diamond, Club Carslon Concierge->Gold, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, BalticMiles Exec
Quote:
Originally Posted by LX64A332 View Post
I am a little confused.
I thought one segment=1 vouceher?
So since some people have been able to upgrade a 4 segment ticket with 2 vouchers, can I do that for my JFK-IST-HKG flights next month? I am booked in Comfort class.
Last year, I was only able to upgrade one segment with one voucher, so has something changed?

Thanks...
You should be able to upgrade whole one way trip for a single voucher if you take immediately available next flight after arrival.
dabee69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 12, 2:14 am #42

Programs: AA EXP, TK E+
any recent experience?
just went to my local office to be told that upgrade are per segment, I'll try to call IST
pvgman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 12, 4:33 am #43

Thumbs up update

I called IST, the agent didn't seem to know much about those vouchers, after putting me on the hold for few minutes he upgraded the 4 segments without any other form of comment, I didn't even have to mention SWU.
Old Jul 30, 12, 4:30 pm #44
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Elite Plus upgrade voucher

And how many upgrade vouchers you had available? Any chance he would have consumed 4 of them? Or maybe he just made you a present, forgetting to use the voucher?
CAlex is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 12, 9:16 pm #45

Only had 2 vouchers, in IST now, they now have special bus for business class passengers, finally...