Go Back > > >
Old Sep 22, 17, 8:06 pm - Wikipost
Cpi-Web Forums Thread Wiki: Seat Selection [Master Thread]
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: drewguy
Wiki Link
Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, if you have booked your flight over 100 days before departure, wait until departure -100 days. This cannot be done online. Edit: Seats can be selected through the call center or online on the "Manage Booking" page of new website only.

2. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window you can select seats online during the booking process.

3. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

4. For short-haul (domestic and intra-Europe) which are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 7 days before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

March/April 2017
One should be able to choose seats at the new website now @ https://p.turkishairlines.com/

Quote:
my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Old May 25, 17, 10:14 am #361

I was just able to use the online interface to select seats on my RT J award tickets booked through Aeroplan- much nicer than needing to call!

I was wondering if any frequent TK 77W J cabin fliers had any suggestions about seat selection- last year I flew a segment in 2A/2B with my wife and it was great.

For this flight there are no window seats in rows 2 or 3, and I am debating whether to select A and B seats in rows 4, 6, or 7. How much galley noise/light touches row 4? And are there any downsides to sitting in the smaller J cabin (later service, through traffic)?
osmantrex is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 17, 8:11 am #362

I believe the new website is no longer functioning? I use Chrome but when I type p.turkishairlines.com it'll automatically direct me to the normal turkishairlines.com.
sushimaru is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 17, 1:25 pm #363

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushimaru View Post
I believe the new website is no longer functioning? I use Chrome but when I type p.turkishairlines.com it'll automatically direct me to the normal turkishairlines.com.
Still works for me but only when I route my traffic through the US using a VPN.
89703511961 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 17, 11:58 pm #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89703511961 View Post
Still works for me but only when I route my traffic through the US using a VPN.
That's quite a trick!
sushimaru is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 17, 8:23 am #365

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
I had Aegean flights (which were upgraded using their upgrade vouchers) cancelled by the airline. They eventually rebooked me onto Turkish Airlines flights (LUX-IST-KWI), but something doesn't quite add up.

The old Aegean PNR shows flights booked into W economy class and so does the Turkish PNR on its website. When I tweeted to Turkish that I'd like to add my frequent flyer number and select seats they tweeted back saying that I'd been allocated seats 1E on one flight and 2E and the second. Surely those are business class, so I'm a little confused now and I've no way of checking.
headingwest is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 17, 4:30 pm #366
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan and Virgin America

It seems that some Business Class seats are blocked on every flight that I looked at. Specifically 1A, 1B, 1K, 5A and 5K.

Is this true for all flights and why are blocked? Do any of these seats open at departure?
dayone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 17, 7:27 pm #367
Cpi-Web Evangelist

These seats are blocked for VIP'S, which in practice means that they are held in case any Turkish Parliament member, mayor or whatever would need per chance to fly TK, OR, seemingly they are also held for any member of the Captain's family that is flying (although I have been promised that this is, or would be discontinued). Obviously if they are not taken for these reasons they become available on departure.
hfly is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 17, 10:51 pm #368
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan and Virgin America

Thanks for the reply. I should have added that I was looking at 77W flights.
dayone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 17, 4:39 am #369

Anyone experienced this?

I am trying to choose seats on the new website, but it only shows AB/EF seats on a 321. There is still a couple of weeks to go, so the problem might simply go away a week before departure, but still funny.
Alec84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 17, 5:45 am #370

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec84 View Post
Anyone experienced this?

I am trying to choose seats on the new website, but it only shows AB/EF seats on a 321. There is still a couple of weeks to go, so the problem might simply go away a week before departure, but still funny.
AB/EF seats on the 321 indicate that it is the business class style seats (2-2) rather than the Economy class set up (3-3) with the middle seat left free.
MichaelBaku is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:52 am #371
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold Plus
I am having issues with the website and selecting seats as well. I have two flights, first is an A330-300 in J and it shows 1A through 7A on the left side and then 1K through 6K on the right side. That's it. No B, D, E, or J seats. And the number of rows doesn't match up. My second flight is an A321 in J and it shows 1A through 5A on the left side and then 1F through 5F on the right side.

I've tried accessing in Chrome and IE.
In The 216 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 1:05 am #372

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The 216 View Post
I am having issues with the website and selecting seats as well. I have two flights, first is an A330-300 in J and it shows 1A through 7A on the left side and then 1K through 6K on the right side. That's it. No B, D, E, or J seats. And the number of rows doesn't match up. My second flight is an A321 in J and it shows 1A through 5A on the left side and then 1F through 5F on the right side.

I've experienced this issue on the 'old' TK website. Have you tried using the new website "manage booking' area. There is a box for choosing seats and you usually get the correct full map. Worth a try.
MichaelBaku is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:27 pm #373

Programs: TK
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The 216 View Post

I have the same issue with my both flights on A321 & B737 on TK metals

Cant even access the seats from old site, with New site, I can only see 1~5A and 1~5F, not the full seat layout. Dont know why.
In The 216 likes this.
dtxdnc is offline Reply With Quote