Go Back > > >
Old Oct 31, 17, 2:23 pm #136

Programs: Multiple
Press Release updated on TK website to reflect changes/refunds through 11/20.
Sinter is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 7:35 am #137

Another data point - earlier this week I was in Ashgabat and heading to Moscow with a long connection in Istanbul. I headed to the Visa on Arrival counter, was asked where I came from, and answered Ashgabat. Without verifying, the clerk immediately placed a sticker in my passport and asked for payment.

The immigration official also asked where I came from, and didn't bother verifying against my ticket either (but perhaps they already had this information on their screen?).

Last edited by rmannion; Nov 4, 17 at 11:42 am
rmannion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 10:23 am #138
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Amazing how long this visa squabble has now lasted. I suspect it will end before xmas, but who really knows. I guess the "good thing" is that the number of Americans visiting Turkey has slowed to a trickle given the bombs and such, so it's not affecting that many people. But now the bombs seem to have stopped (fingers crossed) so perhaps it would be wise for the Turks to solve this problem. That said, it will take many years, and possibly regime change, for Turkey to again be a popular tourist destinations for Americans. Sad.
iahphx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 10:30 pm #139

Programs: AS MVPGold75;TK Elite/*Gold;NEXUS;Hyatt Globalist;Marriott/SPG PLT, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
Amazing how long this visa squabble has now lasted. I suspect it will end before xmas, but who really knows. I guess the "good thing" is that the number of Americans visiting Turkey has slowed to a trickle given the bombs and such, so it's not affecting that many people. But now the bombs seem to have stopped (fingers crossed) so perhaps it would be wise for the Turks to solve this problem. That said, it will take many years, and possibly regime change, for Turkey to again be a popular tourist destinations for Americans. Sad.
It really is a shame... a few years ago it seemed like it was rapidly gaining popularity.... and then the issues... and just when it looked like things were simmering down this happened.

Now I doubt there is much concern about tourism relative to business concerns. I’m just surprised that the business community isn’t hopping mad about this situation and demanding a fast resolution. Isn’t there money to be made and this isn’t making that isn’t any easier?.

Last edited by Renard; Nov 5, 17 at 8:43 pm
Renard is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 17, 1:52 am #140

I'm going to wait to see how the visit from the Turkish Prime Minister goes before I change my ticket for December. I also noticed it didn't take long for the Turkish Airlines stock to recover.
Astrophsx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 9:20 am #141

http://yenisafak.com/en/world/us...-visas-2797713

Let's see how the Turkish government responds...
Old Nov 6, 17, 10:05 am #142

Programs: TK
US Embassy in Turkey has announced that they will resume for visa operations limitedly. Limited meaning, there will be very few applications will be accepted and emergency cases will be prioritized.

It is obvious a positive step on subject which will reduce tension on both sites.

I expect Turkish Goverment will respond similar step to this very soon and afterall both sides will lift the visa-ban mutually, probably happen very soon.
Horizons99 likes this.
dtxdnc is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 10:22 am #143

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Quote:
Within hours of the U.S. announcement on Oct. 8, Turkey said it was implementing reciprocal measures
http://reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN1D61VQ
E-Visa is still not available on the website though.
omegadeal is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 11:50 am #144

Programs: TK
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegadeal View Post
Just try tomorrow. It is 20:49 in Turkey right now. IT guys probably resting at home Tomorrow they should enable it
dtxdnc is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 3:30 pm #145
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegadeal View Post
I suspect this is just a timing issue as has been said, but keep in mind that the US announced they are "partially" started issuing visas again, and Turkey matched that. It's possible that e-Visas don't fit within their definition of "partial"...
docbert is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 4:33 am #146
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Last evening I was in the lounge and was waiting for my shower next to the TV wall (downstairs). It was a big event on all Turkish TV stations. I do not understand Turkish so I thought they just cut a deal - only then on BBC I noticed the 'limited basis' info.

PS. I hope 'limited basis' includes issuing visas for TK pilots and F/A's as I have 2 flights to ORD booked during the Danish mega sale...
TPJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 11:16 am #147

I just checked the e-visa website. Still not available for US ordinary passports.
luigib0913 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 17, 11:39 am #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigib0913 View Post
I just checked the e-visa website. Still not available for US ordinary passports.
https://bloomberg.com/news/artic...ng-over-trials
Astrophsx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 2:18 pm #149

You can now apply for visas through your local Turkish embassy, $200 for a multiple entry visa.

No e-visa or visa upon arrival, though unsure about transiting from a European or other 3rd country. Assume visa on arrival via that method would still be applicable.
Old Today, 8:36 am #150

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinter View Post
You can now apply for visas through your local Turkish embassy, $200 for a multiple entry visa.

No e-visa or visa upon arrival, though unsure about transiting from a European or other 3rd country. Assume visa on arrival via that method would still be applicable.
Here is a tweet from the embassy confirming this.

omegadeal is offline Reply With Quote