Go Back > > >
Old Oct 25, 17, 4:16 pm #1
Original Poster

Credit for Canada-US flights on AC

On the Turkish website for partner earning on Air Canada, it indicates in the notes "Miles cannot be earned in booking classes S****, T****, L****, A, K**** and F on flights within Canada and between Canada and the United States"

In my experience, this is true for flights within Canada. But for flights between Canada and the US, I have received 50% for S,T,A and K earlier this year. Has anybody experienced not getting TK credit for such flights? I have to decide on risking trying to credit to TK for some upcoming flights, or switching to United.
pvdflyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 17, 9:48 pm #2

Programs: TK*G
That's my experience as well. AC Express domestic miles
dozerman94 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 17, 4:23 am #3

Programs: OW S, UAMP S, TK M&S E, Marriott P, IHG S, HH D, CC G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdflyer View Post
On the Turkish website for partner earning on Air Canada, it indicates in the notes "Miles cannot be earned in booking classes S****, T****, L****, A, K**** and F on flights within Canada and between Canada and the United States"

In my experience, this is true for flights within Canada. But for flights between Canada and the US, I have received 50% for S,T,A and K earlier this year. Has anybody experienced not getting TK credit for such flights? I have to decide on risking trying to credit to TK for some upcoming flights, or switching to United.
Same here - I have a YYZ to SFO next Easter and I'm struggling what I should do - it's not that little miles (L class).
nacho is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 17, 5:10 am #4

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
I can confirm from experience that M&S cardholders do not get mileage credit on lower booking classes for intra N.America flights. This is made very clear if you check out wheretocredit.com. I always credit my AC international flights to M&S and North America flights to M&B - many *A programs do in fact give credit. Be aware that you are likely to fly with the ultra-terrible Air Canada Rouge between Canada and the US.
johnirvine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 17, 6:58 am #5

Programs: *G
received miles twice for booking class A between YYZ and EWR with no problems
dromack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 17, 1:32 am #6

Programs: OW S, UAMP S, TK M&S E, Marriott P, IHG S, HH D, CC G
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnirvine View Post
I can confirm from experience that M&S cardholders do not get mileage credit on lower booking classes for intra N.America flights. This is made very clear if you check out wheretocredit.com. I always credit my AC international flights to M&S and North America flights to M&B - many *A programs do in fact give credit. Be aware that you are likely to fly with the ultra-terrible Air Canada Rouge between Canada and the US.
I don't know if it's AC Rogue for the flight to SFO - I think it's AC as far as I can see (not seeing anything like Operated by AC Rogue). It seems like a YMMV situation whether intra N. America flights get miles with TK or not. My booking class is L and is a 016 stock.
nacho is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 17, 5:40 pm #7

Programs: TK M&S E, *A Gold, AP, Asia Miles, Nexus, Marriott Silver
From my experience, I have been able to get the credit automatically for AC Tango fares on M&S EXCEPT when my booking did not have my middle name and did not match TK's records. In this case, I had to request for the credit then was told that the booking class did not earn miles. I hope this helps.
yyzcdg is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 17, 9:51 pm #8

Programs: TK*G, AB OWS, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz Gold
Cross border you actually do get miles on AC and UA, despite the policy says no. For domestic AC tango - no miles
ericw is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 7:06 am #9

Programs: TK, AC, LX, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton
The risk of course remains that from one day to the next, TK stops giving miles for those transborder flights. And you'd obviously only find out after having taken your flight, at which point you'd have no recourse ("Our website said so all along.")
airoli is offline Reply With Quote