Go Back > > >
Old Today, 2:11 am #1
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish M&S Gold
M&S-event in Helsinki

As a M&S-status member I was invited to an event arranged by the local TK-office yesterday. It was dinner, presentation by TK and the airport director and giving personal model airplanes to the members who flown most with TK. There were no big news except that with the summer timetable there will be a daily A330 flying to HEL, which was known already.

Interesting to see was that there are 22k M&S-members in Finland, with about 500 status-holders, also that TK passenger numbers from HEL have grown steadily every year since starting early 2000s.

There were two representatives from M&S Turkey attending and besides complementing the good parts I also tried to voice the below improvement points to one of them. Unfortunately they didn't seem very aware of this so I guess they worked in some other department of M&S.
  • No way to know earnings when booking codeshare
  • Not possible to combine classes on awards
  • Not possible to combine *A airlines on awards

Comparing to other airline events I've attended to this one was nice and TK invested in their members. What I missed was that they didn't seem to have any real decision-makers or influencers there, so as a frequent flyer not possible to talk about improvements with anyone.
Gnopps is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 2:40 am #2
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA Silver: EY
Good old Marks & Spencer!!!

Only 500 status members out of a membership of 22,000? Both numbers are surprisingly low - but particularly the ratio of status holders (2%).

By "personal" do you mean that the models were personalised in some way? I would guess you meant that they were yours to keep, but the alternate - but the corollary - having to hand them back - doesn't make sense
irishguy28 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 4:02 am #3

Programs: Got a K-Plussa black! S-card remains green :D
I was there too, and while it was appreciated to arrange this kind of event, I also found that the TK representatives had really no clue about frequent flier viewpoints
FFlash is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 7:31 am #4
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat, SPG Gold
But still 2 flights per day? No overnight?

IMHO 500 status members is still OK for city/airport sort of monopolized by AY/oneWorld.

PS. BTW - by 'status' they mean only Elite/Elite Plus (TK*G) or also Classic Plus (TK*S)?
TPJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 7:52 am #5

Programs: Got a K-Plussa black! S-card remains green :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
But still 2 flights per day? No overnight?

IMHO 500 status members is still OK for city/airport sort of monopolized by AY/oneWorld.

PS. BTW - by 'status' they mean only Elite/Elite Plus (TK*G) or also Classic Plus (TK*S)?
All. Classic plus, Gold and elite plus together, which is low enough to say there are not too many travel hackers given how easy it is to have status with TK.

But then, total 23000 members in Finland is well done enrollment.
SAS is anyway the second rival for AY in Finland, so TK has played the game very well
FFlash is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 8:04 am #6
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
All. Classic plus, Gold and elite plus together, which is low enough to say there are not too many travel hackers given how easy it is to have status with TK.
oppppsss - then I agree - it is a low number, then...
TPJ is offline Reply With Quote