Go Back Cpi-Web Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page > Air New Zealand grabaseat "Reverse Auctions" discontinued

Air New Zealand grabaseat "Reverse Auctions" discontinued

Old May 9, 16, 5:18 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Air New Zealand grabaseat "Reverse Auctions" discontinued

Surprised to see that nobody here has posted about it already but as per Air New Zealand has stated that "Reverse auctions have now concluded for the foreseeable future. For great deals every day go here [link to main Air NZ website]".

This is a little disappointing to see but it lost its personal appeal to me many years ago when they stopped offering domestic reverse auctions and started to seemingly only focus on international business fares ex. AKL.

More info: https://grabaseat.co.nz/secure/auctions
Old May 9, 16, 6:14 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
That pretty sums up the level of interest. Also I imagine this forum would not necessarily be the first to know given likely bookings are based on Flexi and more expensive fares
Old May 9, 16, 2:38 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Boo. I think there was potential there; sorry to see them pull the plug.
Old May 20, 16, 12:02 pm

I'm gutted this has happened, we have just retired and we're going to do this on a regular basis. Now what!
Old May 22, 16, 7:25 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand f/f, QF f/f Silver. Emirates Skywards
Here's one of my posts from earlier this year

I live in NZ and for some time now I have been an avid visitor to Air New Zealand's Grabaseat website for the Reverse Auctions each Tuesday.

I notice however that this year the Trans Tasman reverse auctions, are not there and it's only long haul stuff that is appearing.

I travel across the ditch regularly to visit family in BNE and the best auction last year was a return Business Premier on the NZ135, 777-300 going over and the NZ136, 777-200 coming back, staying away 3 nights, total cost was $850 return !!!.

Seems a shame that it is only longhaul appearing this year and I went on to their online help facility to ask the question. I received an email saying they received my enquiry and I would hear back in 72 hours. I waited a week for their reply and then resent it, same thing - I would get a reply within 72 hours. After 2 weeks of silence I cut and pasted all the email traffic and sent it off to the CEO and surprise surprise I received a call from Grabaseat within the hour apologising for the lack of replies and they advised they 'may' look at reinstating Trans Tasman sometime this year. Here's Hoping !!!!!!!

UNQUOTE

I asked them again about 3 weeks ago what was happening and that's when
they told me they were going to be scrapped. At that price for a return AKL/BNE/AKL Business Premier I am not surprised.

Very sad to see them go.

Cheers All

Search this Thread