Asiana Seat Selection

Old Oct 11, 17, 3:33 am - Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: warrenw
Wiki Link
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.

NOTE: The link below for selecting seats does NOT work any longer.
If you find a link that does work (or if you discover some way to make this link work) please update the wiki.


Use this link to check your PNR and select your seats on Asiana website:

http://eu.flyasiana.com/I/en/Default...Type=LINK#none

This was copied from post #222 by Big V.

Name format is LASTNAME FIRSTNAME+MI+MR
Print Wikipost


Old Jul 27, 16, 8:48 am

Join Date: Dec 2013
Programs: Hyatt Diamond | SPG Platinum | Hilton Diamond
Posts: 112
I also am able to scroll on a Mac..
atlion25 is offline
Old Sep 14, 16, 7:44 pm
:D!

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aberdeen, Bella Vista and Croydon
Programs: BA*G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver, Hilton Spire
Posts: 2,810
I booked OZ KR to JP flights in Y on Expedia.

I was able to change my seats on Internet Explorer only, but it would only load the seat map when I allowed popups. The popup window was empty and the seat map displayed in the original window. If I closed the empty popup, doing anything with the seat map resulted in an error, but it worked when I left the popup open.


Should non-OZ *G be able to choose better seats, and/or will there still be some at check-in at the airport?

I entered my A3*G when booking, but the email confirmation says it was submitted as OZ FFP for an unknown reason. Is there a way to change this online? If A3*G can't get better seats 2 months in advance then I'll just leave it and ask at the airport
:D! is offline
Old Sep 14, 16, 8:00 pm

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 196
As I am on a Mac, I am not able to try IE to get advance seat selection. I have tried four different browsers and none of them was successful. Yes, you must not block popups, so you need to turn that off in your preferences. Sometimes I get a blank popup, other times I get a partial seat map but it will not scroll through the other seats. I am sort of amazed that this thread has run for so long, yet Asiana's site is still broken for seat selection for many users. I even tried the iOS app and it didn't work either.

What I did was this: I used expertflyer to bring up a current seat map and then phoned Asiana and requested them to do the assignment. Keep in mind that Asiana have an annoying policy of blocking a significant number of seats for checkin, so your choice may be limited or you may have no choice at all until you get to checkin.

All in all, flying business class, one of my main interests is being able to select the seat I want. Asiana is a complete fail on that. Their website is marginally functional, difficult to navigate and most importantly - it just doesn't work at all for many of their customers. Just try an airline with a well-designed and functional website like EK and the difference is like night and day. Even the LCCs that allow for advance seat selection are superior.
tookay is offline
Old Dec 5, 16, 9:07 am

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Posts: 1,150
Reservations, My Reservations, Reservation Inquiry for Guests, entered Reservation Number & Departure Date

The ticket is an award ticket not booked via Asiana Airlines. The seat selection process worked like a charm last week but not today. I can view the e-ticket and determine the current seats. The current seats are not the seats selected last week. The seats are business class seats so not the highest priority but I would like to be able to select seats online.
view-with-a-room is offline
Old Dec 5, 16, 6:55 pm

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 196
I find it amazing that this thread started more than six years ago, yet Asiana have still not gotten their act together for reliable online seat selection.
tookay is offline
Old Dec 12, 16, 1:03 pm

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 913
Another data point - awards reservation in business (using UA miles). I was able to view and select seats 2 weeks ago.

As of today, when viewing reservation, I see no link to seat selection, and seats that I selected are not listed (nor are there any seats listed at all).

Sure hope my selected seats stick.
br2k is offline
Old Dec 12, 16, 7:10 pm

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Flying high! :-)
Posts: 102
Exclamation Just assigned seats myself in the US

So I couldn't get their website to work worth a damn and sitting on hold with them was ridiculous. I downloaded their app and was able to easily assign seats for both my girlfriend and myself. We're traveling on a United award ticket in UA F but OZ J in March (F not available between Korea and Japan). We're on different PNRs so I had to assign them separately but it was no sweat.

I was only able to check it out on iOS but hopefully this helps.


After installing the app you'll have to set your region and language settings; US and English worked just fine. On the home page select "View Reservations"




Select "For Guests"




Then in a redundant step select "View Reservation for Non-members"




Enter your PNR and select your date of travel followed by selecting "Search"




You'll be taken to this screen where you'll see your PNR and name. Scroll down to:




Here you can verify your flight details and select "Seat Assignment"




You'll see your flight number, date, and time are displayed then select "Seat Assignment"




Scroll down a bit to see the full seat map and select your seat. I was able to grab 3A and 3C for us (again, separate PNRs so I had to do it separately). Select "Selected" ()




Here you'll see your selected seat next to your name. Finalize by selecting "Selected".



IMPORTANT: At this point you'll be logged out and it will give you the option to log in with Asiana Club credentials. I then went back to the home page and looked up our reservations as a guest and verified that the seats were indeed assigned. Additionally, the seat map of one reservation showed the others seat as taken AND it shows on United's website as well.

Hope this helps everyone!
kpc likes this.

Last edited by AerOklahoma; Dec 27, 16 at 10:17 am
AerOklahoma is offline
Old Dec 13, 16, 1:26 am

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,066
wow, thanks AerOklahoma. i thought i was abt to go crazy figuring out how to choose seat on my asiana flight

btw, does anyone know whether OZ 271 SEA-ICN still use the old A330 plane or is it changing out for the new one?

the press release here http://us.flyasiana.com/C/en/boardCo...&boardCmd=VIEW seems to indicate that a new(er) plane 777 will be used, but then when i check my PNR and also just try to do a dummy booking on the date i m flying (late march, 2017) it still show A330

i have a feeling Asiana switch out planes a lot, and at last min
gnomey is offline
Old Dec 13, 16, 7:12 pm

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by gnomey View Post
wow, thanks AerOklahoma. i thought i was abt to go crazy figuring out how to choose seat on my asiana flight

btw, does anyone know whether OZ 271 SEA-ICN still use the old A330 plane or is it changing out for the new one?

the press release here http://us.flyasiana.com/C/en/boardCo...&boardCmd=VIEW seems to indicate that a new(er) plane 777 will be used, but then when i check my PNR and also just try to do a dummy booking on the date i m flying (late march, 2017) it still show A330

i have a feeling Asiana switch out planes a lot, and at last min

Been looking into this as well. Based on the website Flightmapper, looks like the hard product is scheduled to change between the B77L and the A330 at different times during the year:

FLIGHT SCHEDULE
DIRECT FLIGHTS:
Mon,Wed,Fri-Sun 13:00 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 12:00 Effective 2016-11-06 through 2017-01-27
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Fri-Sun 13:00 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Airbus A330-300 (333) 12:00 Effective 2017-01-28 through 2017-03-11
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Fri-Sun 14:00 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 12:00 Valid until 2016-11-05
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Fri-Sun 14:00 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Airbus A330-300 (333) 12:00 Effective 2017-03-12 through 2017-03-25
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Sat,Sun 14:20 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 17:50 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 11:30 Effective 2017-03-26 through 2017-06-28
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Fri 14:20 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 17:50 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200 (772) 11:30 Effective 2017-03-31 through 2017-06-30
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Sat,Sun 14:20 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 17:50 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 11:30 Effective from 2017-09-18
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Fri 14:20 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 17:50 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200 (772) 11:30 Effective from 2017-09-22
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Tue,Thu 14:40 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 11:20 Effective 2017-06-01 through 2017-08-31
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Sat,Sun 14:40 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 11:20 Effective 2017-07-01 through 2017-09-17
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Fri 14:40 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200 (772) 11:20 Effective 2017-07-07 through 2017-09-15
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
NewYork12126 is offline
Old Dec 13, 16, 7:24 pm

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,066
Originally Posted by NewYork12126 View Post
Been looking into this as well. Based on the website Flightmapper, looks like the hard product is scheduled to change between the B77L and the A330 at different times during the year:

FLIGHT SCHEDULE
DIRECT FLIGHTS:
Mon,Wed,Fri-Sun 13:00 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 12:00 Effective 2016-11-06 through 2017-01-27
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Fri-Sun 13:00 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Airbus A330-300 (333) 12:00 Effective 2017-01-28 through 2017-03-11
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Fri-Sun 14:00 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 12:00 Valid until 2016-11-05
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Fri-Sun 14:00 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Airbus A330-300 (333) 12:00 Effective 2017-03-12 through 2017-03-25
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Sat,Sun 14:20 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 17:50 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 11:30 Effective 2017-03-26 through 2017-06-28
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Fri 14:20 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 17:50 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200 (772) 11:30 Effective 2017-03-31 through 2017-06-30
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Sat,Sun 14:20 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 17:50 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 11:30 Effective from 2017-09-18
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Fri 14:20 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 17:50 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200 (772) 11:30 Effective from 2017-09-22
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Tue,Thu 14:40 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 11:20 Effective 2017-06-01 through 2017-08-31
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Mon,Wed,Sat,Sun 14:40 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200LR (77L) 11:20 Effective 2017-07-01 through 2017-09-17
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
Fri 14:40 Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) 18:00 Incheon, Seoul (ICN)
OZ 271 Non-stop Boeing 777-200 (772) 11:20 Effective 2017-07-07 through 2017-09-15
The flight arrives 1 day after departure.
shucks. crazy. if they follow this religiously, then i am stuck with A330 then. for a moment, i thought i gonna have 77L

does 77L come with the enclosed smartium suites / seats?

there are like 4-6 different 777 planes listed on Asiana websites and seatguru, but i dont know which specific model 77L is refering to
gnomey is offline
Old Dec 14, 16, 10:18 am

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ONT, LAX
Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Posts: 4,237
IOS App worked great!

Can confirm that the IOS app worked great in getting seat assignments on OZ flights.
1kBill is offline
Old Dec 16, 16, 5:02 am

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jomtien (Pattaya) Thailand
Programs: UA Gold
Posts: 119
Worked like a charm!

+1 The iOS app worked as explained by AerOklahoma for my trip in April booked by Avianaca using miles for an award ticket.
1984SW is offline
Old Dec 18, 16, 10:56 am

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Posts: 1,150
Android app works well. I used an Android emulator AMIDuOS on a Windows desktop to assign seats, for reference.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Dec 18, 16 at 1:51 pm
view-with-a-room is offline
Old Dec 27, 16, 8:48 am

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; SPG Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat; Hertz Pres Cirlce
Posts: 2,043
Originally Posted by br2k View Post
Another data point - awards reservation in business (using UA miles). I was able to view and select seats 2 weeks ago.

As of today, when viewing reservation, I see no link to seat selection, and seats that I selected are not listed (nor are there any seats listed at all).

Sure hope my selected seats stick.
Was having the same problem. Their website is soooo unreliable.

Originally Posted by AerOklahoma View Post
So I couldn't get their website to work worth a damn and sitting on hold with them was ridiculous. I downloaded their app and was able to easily assign seats for both my girlfriend and myself. We're traveling on a United award ticket in UA F but OZ J in March (F not available between Korea and Japan). We're on different PNRs so I had to assign them separately but it was no sweat.
This worked like a charm! Thanks AerOklahoma. It's interesting because their app didn't work several weeks ago when I first booked this award flight. Good intel - the app is the way to go right now.
mh3265a is offline
Old Dec 27, 16, 10:07 am

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Flying high! :-)
Posts: 102
Glad it's working for everyone!!!
AerOklahoma is offline

Thread Tools
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:12 am.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by cpi-web.ru. Copyright 2017 cpi-web.ru. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.