Go Back Cpi-Web Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page > Luggage storage in Vancouver

Luggage storage in Vancouver

Old Feb 1, 08, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Super-Titanium member of the Gate Roach program. :P
Question Luggage storage in Vancouver

I'm going to be spending the day exploring Vancouver before I fly out in the evening but need someplace to storage my luggage during the day. I did a search of older threads and there are reports of some kind of luggage storage place near the Fairmont at the airport. However, I can't find any contact info for this and the airport website doesn't list any places. Does anyone know if luggage storage is still available at or near the airport?

Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 1, 08, 9:45 pm

Programs: AE, used to be E, Skymiles
There are two luggage storage facilities at YVR. One is located in the domestic arrivals area, and one in the transborder(US)/International arrivals area.

For Us/International arrivals, look for the food court area. As you are entering the arrivals area where everybody is waiting, there will be a food court on your right. Luggage storage is located in this area.

For Domestic arrivals, the luggage storage is the counter farthest to your left if you are looking at the information/Shuttle counters with your back to the carousels.

From yvr.ca :

CDS Baggage Storage
Short or long-term baggage storage. Rates range from $3.50 to $7.00 per item, based on a 24-hour period. Same rates apply to storage less than the 24-hour period.

Hours: 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Phone: 604.303.4519

Old Feb 2, 08, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. That was what I was looking for.
Old Feb 12, 08, 2:45 am

Programs: AC E50K
Why do you want to store your luggage? You can check your luggage to the final destination and let the airlines take care of your luggage for free. The only exception is transiting to US destination where you have to personally take the luggage through US customs pre-clearance.
Old Feb 12, 08, 10:50 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Spot planes View Post
Why do you want to store your luggage? You can check your luggage to the final destination and let the airlines take care of your luggage for free. The only exception is transiting to US destination where you have to personally take the luggage through US customs pre-clearance.
The airline will only through-check your bags if you are making a legal connection. Spending 'a day' in Vancouver sounds more like a ticketed stopover; in which case the bags can't be checked until the flight 'opens' - usually about 4 hours prior.
Old Feb 12, 08, 1:10 pm
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Originally Posted by Wally Bird View Post
The airline will only through-check your bags if you are making a legal connection.
And only if there is an interline agreement if there are two airlines involved.
Old Feb 14, 08, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wally Bird View Post
The airline will only through-check your bags if you are making a legal connection. Spending 'a day' in Vancouver sounds more like a ticketed stopover; in which case the bags can't be checked until the flight 'opens' - usually about 4 hours prior.
Yep, this is the reason I can't check my bag with CO. My flight is originating in YVR and they won't allow you to check your bag in more then 4 hours before the flight.
Old Mar 15, 08, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Gold
I was in a similar situation, and my hotel in Whistler checked with the Fairmont in downtown YVR, and they said they would store bags for the day for $3 each. I wasn't staying in the Fairmont in Whistler, so this seemed to be available to anyone, and it might be more convenient than going out to the airport.

I ended up renting a car for the day, so I never actually tried this out.

Search this Thread