Chase Business Card Credit Limit Increase

Old Jan 25, 17, 9:43 am

Chase Business Card Credit Limit Increase

Does anyone have experience getting a credit limit increase for a business card (Chase Ink Preferred in this case) without doing another hard pull? I sent a secure message to Chase asking if they could transfer some credit line from a personal card to a business card and they replied that it wasn't possible. They also indicated a hard pull would be necessary to increase the credit limit on the business card.
Old Jan 25, 17, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA&SPG Plat, H-Explorist, Hertz PC
Ink bold didn't require an hard pull because it was "flexible spending credit" not what they call an "credit line". If that's the case and you have paid your bills on time you should be fine than.
Old Jan 25, 17, 6:12 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if they required a hard pull considering how strict they are on hard pulls on credit line increases on personal cards.
Old Jan 25, 17, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA&SPG Plat, H-Explorist, Hertz PC
Personal is much diff. from business though for Chase cards and loans.
Old Jan 25, 17, 10:12 pm

They've increased my credit limit on my Ink twice without me asking and without a hard pull.

$10k--> $12k --> $16k
Old Jan 26, 17, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by btk2333 View Post
They've increased my credit limit on my Ink twice without me asking and without a hard pull.

$10k--> $12k --> $16k
How long did you have the card before they increased your limit?
Old Jan 26, 17, 9:40 am
mia
Cpi-Web Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA 2MM Perpetual Platinum; VS, HH & SPG Gold
Originally Posted by shenvatele View Post
...Chase Ink Preferred ....
Originally Posted by TennisNoob View Post
Ink bold ....
INK Bold was a charge card. INK Preferred is a credit card, but because it is a VISA Signature Business product it may still have a No Preset Spending Limit feature similar to a charge card. Rather than ask for a higher credit limit, ask if you are able to exceed the limit. If the account is new they may say no, but if the account is well established the answer will probably be yes, but not with a numerical answer.

See this thread:

http://cpi-web.ru/forum/chase...mit-chase.html
Old Jan 26, 17, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Rather than ask for a higher credit limit, ask if you are able to exceed the limit. If the account is new they may say no, but if the account is well established the answer will probably be yes, but not with a numerical answer.
Thanks for the tip. I'm interested increasing my MS activities on this card but am limited with a $7k credit limit. I'm trying to figure out what is least likely to lead to a shutdown - cycling the credit limit or exceeding the limit. Seems like both are bad ideas.
Old Jan 26, 17, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by shenvatele View Post
How long did you have the card before they increased your limit?

My first increase was at my one year anniversary- my second increase was after having had the card for ~18 months- I'll be honest I'm not 100% sure which month it was
Old Jan 26, 17, 10:22 am

Programs: United Silver, HHonors Gold, Chase Reserve, Enterprise Silver
Normally I've never had to ask, seems Chase always increases for me at random intervals even if its not requested, I'd say just wait until they do this automatically as any increases always do a pull if I recall.